Military air space for holiday travel.

Gala

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 12:20 pm
I am so confused. Being reminded consistently of the terror threat (wire-tapping, war in Iraq, Pakistan's president imposing military rule, Iran, Turkey, Gaza...) why would they open up these corridors to civilian travel, even for one lousy holiday?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 640 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 03:02 pm
One thing we learned on 9/11 is that civilian aircraft can be grounded very quickly.
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 03:53 pm
apparantly there are more people traveling for the holidays this year than 4 or 8 years ago. otherwise i can't imagine why they would do such a thing.

maybe this is bush's way of forcing himself into our holiday. "thank you for flying bush air- remember to support the republican party." i hope it's nothing more disgusting or ominous than that, it's only natural to suspect him at every turn, having seen two terms of his crap.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 06:58 am
tinygiraffe wrote:
apparantly there are more people traveling for the holidays this year than 4 or 8 years ago. otherwise i can't imagine why they would do such a thing.

maybe this is bush's way of forcing himself into our holiday. "thank you for flying bush air- remember to support the republican party." i hope it's nothing more disgusting or ominous than that, it's only natural to suspect him at every turn, having seen two terms of his crap.

Ha. Bush is clueless/arrogant enough to believe the American population will see this characteristic bone-throwing of his to be a grand and sweeping gesture. I'd say he's underestimated the public's intelligence once again...remember "Mission Accomplished."
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 07:04 am
Noddy24 wrote:
One thing we learned on 9/11 is that civilian aircraft can be grounded very quickly.

Geez, why put them through it? Although, I see your point.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 10:37 am
Quote:
Geez, why put them through it?

I'd guess that in an airborne terrorist situation, civilian planes would be grounded whether or not the Pentagon Corridor was being used for "normal" traffic.

If it makes traveling with children for the holidays easier,I'm all for it.
0 Replies