History DBQ

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2007 04:09 pm
i was assigned a Document Based Question (DBQ) this weekend for my AP History class. it is practice for the AP test, and i was wondering if anyone could lend me some insight. The question is:

With respect to the federal Constitution, the Jeffersonian Republicans are usually characterized as strict constructionists who were opposed to the broad constructionism of the Federalists. To what extent was this characterization of the two parties accurate during the presidencies of Jefferson and Madison?

The documents that go along with this question can be found here: http://www.polytechnic.org/faculty/gfeldmeth/1998.dbq2.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,802 • Replies: 1
No top replies

flaja

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 06:52 pm
Re: History DBQ
tcook215 wrote:
i was assigned a Document Based Question (DBQ) this weekend for my AP History class. it is practice for the AP test, and i was wondering if anyone could lend me some insight. The question is:

With respect to the federal Constitution, the Jeffersonian Republicans are usually characterized as strict constructionists who were opposed to the broad constructionism of the Federalists. To what extent was this characterization of the two parties accurate during the presidencies of Jefferson and Madison?

The documents that go along with this question can be found here: http://www.polytechnic.org/faculty/gfeldmeth/1998.dbq2.html

Investigate the Louisiana Purchase. No where in the Constitution does the federal government have an express power to buy land from a foreign country- but Jefferson bought Louisiana anyway.
0 Replies