Is my college professor coming on to me?

Rockhead

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 09:26 pm
:wink:
0 Replies

barb8889

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 09:34 pm
Only after realizing he has something for me. I did not initially have a "crush" on him. I think we both like eachother. It's something that has recently developed, wich was pretty much over the weekend with our many emails back and forth. It is a little hard to explain today but there was a connection when we were talking after class.. I could tell he was brining up stuff to sort of keep me from going, and then awakward pauses and looking down at the floor we were both doing this. Another student was waiting to talk to him so we couldn't really talk about anything too out of line, lol. I pretty much just started to leave after we couldn't think up anymore BS to talk about. I'm not sure if anyone knows what I'm talking about if they have ever done this before with someone. He tolled me goodnight and "thanks for the help". and he called me "barbie". No one calls me that one, haven't since I was about 12 or 13.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 09:37 pm
Oy.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 09:40 pm
Sweetie, listen up...

He is VERY good at what he does, he is married, and you have more important things to do...

Get your study help, or whatever you need, and get on with it. He has many notches on his gun, and multiple options....
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 09:41 pm
Hello again, Osso...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 09:47 pm
Barbie, leave the poor fellow alone.

Get on with your life, and leave him alone.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 09:51 pm
I second ehBeth's advice.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 11:09 pm
he called you 'barbie'? sorry, but i would be kinda insulted by that. whether that's your nickname or not, it's out of line. it strikes me as sleazy and lecherous, not charming one bit.
if he's a player, he's awfully clumsy.
0 Replies

barb8889

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 11:12 pm
Maybe his hair is all the way white and he is bald ( does the comb over thing) but his face is still nice, I bet back in his younger day he was really a handsome man. he's a hottie!!! lol
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 11:12 pm
Dag, it's all about perspective, she's very young....
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 11:16 pm
i'm also young, rockead. in my heart i'm but 16! :wink:

what does it matter how old Barb is? Professor should not call his student - any student - by familial nickname that (as Barb said) nobody is using for her. He made that nickname up for her...that seems totally inappropriate to me. I know that I would never cross that line as a teacher...and I tend to be totally laid back.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 11:20 pm
Rockhead wrote:
Dag, it's all about perspective, she's very young....

ah, only now i quite got it. duh, don't type before you think.

yes, unfortunately when we're young we haven't yet learned the important lessons of life. Good still wins over Evil, life has a Purpose other than work, food, cooking dinner, washig the car.... and Sleazeballs are still charming.

Get away from that guy, Barb. No good in it for ya, trust me.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 11:21 pm
Dag, I completely agree with you, I was hoping maybe SHE would realize that she is VERY young, and our perspective would sink in a bit....

Will be watching, but Slick perfessers are just wrong.....
0 Replies

barb8889

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 11:22 pm
I do not think he is a player, if he did this all the time with students I think he would have his technic down pat. He is more like a clumsy school boy with a crush.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 11:26 pm
Clumsy like a fox, sweetie.

Take it from a guy old enough to know....
Yer bein' played...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 11:27 pm
more likely not.

...but it seems you do not wish to hear otherwise from anybody...so good luck with that whole thing. If nothing else it will teach you a valuable life lesson.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 11:28 pm
darnit, rockhead is crossposting with me here. that was a response to barb.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 11:29 pm
Do keep us posted, please, Sorry Dag, I'm normally tektonicly slow. Embarrassed

And my close friends will tell you I am 18 til I die, just wiser....
0 Replies

barb8889

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 11:44 pm
There is nothing that he can do to me. And there is nothing that I really want to do with him. I simply think it is fun to flirt with him.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 11:46 pm
Shocked
0 Replies