Rudy Giuliani's ties to Fox News

georgeob1

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 04:23 pm
ehBeth wrote:

What do I see in/on American news? what's wrong with Obama - what's wrong with Edwards - what's wrong with Clinton ... not much coverage on what's wrong with any Republican candidate. It's apparently not the American way.

Odd isn't it that so much critical material about Guliani is being quoted here - on this thread - from our media?

ehBeth wrote:

Very odd to watch from north of the border, where looking at all candidates' positions and political backgrounds is a given.

You can relax in the secure knowledge of the continued perfection of all things Canadian.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 07:55 pm
tinygiraffe wrote:
i don't understand how democracy is supposed to work if we can't find out anything about the candidates because everyone is keeping quiet.

i assume that foofie believes he supports our system of voting, but then maybe anything goes. if his cherished american leaders decided that it was jews, not muslims, that needed to be sorted into/out of gitmo, it's interesting to think that he would just sit there and occasionally tell people not to be critical. at least, i may have asked, but i don't remember him saying anything to the contrary.

Your hypothetical scenario of Jews in gitmo is not based in the reality that Judaism has no concept of Jihad. Judaism does not want the world to follow Judaism. Judaism does not want a Rabbi to function as a Caliph. Wherever Jews live amongst Christians, they live at peace with their neighbors. Judaism has no concept of martyrdom for the religion.

So, let's deal with the reality of where Jews are: Wall Street, Hollywood, academia, for a start. Let's not pretend Jews can morph into some other group, for you to make a point.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 07:56 pm
tinygiraffe wrote:
i don't understand how democracy is supposed to work if we can't find out anything about the candidates because everyone is keeping quiet.

i assume that foofie believes he supports our system of voting, but then maybe anything goes. if his cherished american leaders decided that it was jews, not muslims, that needed to be sorted into/out of gitmo, it's interesting to think that he would just sit there and occasionally tell people not to be critical. at least, i may have asked, but i don't remember him saying anything to the contrary.

Your hypothetical scenario of Jews in gitmo is not based in the reality that Judaism has no concept of Jihad. Judaism does not want the world to follow Judaism. Judaism does not want a Rabbi to function as a Caliph. Wherever Jews live amongst Christians, they live at peace with their neighbors. Judaism has no concept of martyrdom for the religion.

So, let's deal with the reality of where Jews are: Everywhere! Let's not pretend Jews can morph into some other group, for you to make a point.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 07:59 pm
Surprised
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 08:01 pm
Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 08:04 pm
georgeob1 wrote:

Odd isn't it that so much critical material about Guliani is being quoted here - on this thread - from our media?

Barely anything negative is being talked about in your media about your Republican candidates. Nothing new, though there should be.

georgeob1 wrote:
You can relax in the secure knowledge of the continued perfection of all things Canadian.

Canada is not perfect. I'd never suggest such a thing.

However, the American media/politics tangle is a puzzling and fascinating thing to observe.

The by's given to some politicians for their political actions/positions would be a no-go in some other countries - Canada included. On the flip-side, the attention paid to American politicians' personal lives is bizarre (read any dlowan rant on the subject - good stuff).
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 11:30 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Barely anything negative is being talked about in your media about your Republican candidates. Nothing new, though there should be.
Perhaps you don't read/watch enough.
ehBeth wrote:
Canada is not perfect. I'd never suggest such a thing.
But you did suggest - and without any provocation at all - that it is much closer to perfection than America.
ehBeth wrote:
The by's given to some politicians for their political actions/positions would be a no-go in some other countries - Canada included. On the flip-side, the attention paid to American politicians' personal lives is bizarre (read any dlowan rant on the subject - good stuff).
I believe some Americans with recollections of the reporting of P. E. Trudeau's marital difficulties, or even the "bys" given PM Cretien during his many years in office have reason to think otherwise - on both points.

I am constantly bemused by the prevailing myopia and hypocrisy of most Canadian posters here. It must be something in the water.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 01:07 am
foofie said
Quote:
I get the belief that I should not criticize the President, regardless of his/her policies, or political party, because, I believe in Americanism as the driving force in the country's history.

George Washington wrote:
Quote:
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

Your thesis seems to have Washington as an exemplar of anti-Americanism.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 01:18 am
Quote:
ehBeth wrote:

george wrote:
Perhaps you don't read/watch enough.

I'd be willing to wager the big dollars that ehbeth attends to more american media sources than do you, george.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 01:21 am
Here's one just a bit too funny for words... but we note Olson doesn't say "honest" or "principled"
Quote:
Just a week after the indictment of former Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik, Olson said Giuliani had shown "the wisdom and humility to surround himself with talented, dedicated and energetic people" as mayor.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2007/11/17/2007-11-17_rudy_giuliani_200_reasons_why_i_would_be.html
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 09:16 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
ehBeth wrote:
I just hope that the American media has the courage to follow the story.

Their right-of-centre focus makes them a bit too worried about their cup, not their balls.

bernmeister: have you been down to the library to pick up any of the Giuliani biographies? some juicy reading in the few that are out there - in comparison to Ms. Clinton's background as a Young Republican and blah blah blah (she's a bit of a drab hen in comparison in comparison to Mr. Giuliani's battling cockatoo).

It doesn't matter that they follow it now. All the crap on Giuliani will come out before the general election if he gets the nominee and nearly guarantee the election of the Democratic nominee.

Looking at the big picture, of course it matters that the MSM gives the Republicans a pass, otherwise, Bush wouldn't have been "elected" president. But in this specific case, if Giuliani's indiscretions are not publicized until after tht nomination, it will benefit the Democrats.

I wonder how many "values voters" will pull the lever for Giuliani when they find out he is a transvestite?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 09:19 am
I consider it one of his two or three admirable qualities.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 09:20 am
blatham wrote:
I consider it one of his two or three admirable qualities.

Laughing Cool Smile Very Happy
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 01:40 pm
Quote:
...let's deal with the reality of where Jews are: Everywhere! Let's not pretend Jews can morph into some other group, for you to make a point.

NICE DODGE! should i read into the fact that you posted 4 times in a row?

Foofie wrote:
Your hypothetical scenario of Jews in gitmo is not based in the reality that Judaism has no concept of Jihad.

this is true, and i like a lot of things about judaism, like that, and the fact that there isn't a mandate to proselytize. however, you could also argue that islam doesn't have a concept of jihad that affects other people- that jihad is not intended as a literal war, but a spiritual one, and that some extremists use it as an excuse the way they could just as easily using judaism as an excuse.

let's be clear, i'm talking about a group of people *outside* judaism. since "jews for jesus" are actually baptists, and baptists have been known to "crusade" now and again, it's not too farfetched. but it would be unfair to blame judaism for that, just as it might be unfair to blame what we call "jihad" on islam.

it's in usa's financial and military interest to ally with israel, and i very much support the concept of a jewish homeland, but some of the things that the israeli government does only make sense in the context of "jihad." once it's seen as a holy war, it makes perfect sense- well, holy war makes no sense at all, but it explains the middle east well enough.

i wouldn't begin to blame that on jews and judaism, just as i don't think of islam and muslims as responsible for middle eastern terrorists. but the american government doesn't think the way i do, and there are plenty of innocent muslims being persecuted for so-called "muslim" terrorists, that's why my "hypothetical" scenario should be relevant- but your refusal(s) to address the simple question i asked speaks enough for itself.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 03:53 pm
tinygiraffe wrote:

You should have said "it were Jews." Is your writing an indication of the quality of your thought?
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 05:23 pm
One can measure the man by the weight of the victories in which he rejoices.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 05:26 pm
And this ought to be done in metric.
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 07:53 pm
Quote:
You should have said "it were Jews." Is your writing an indication of the quality of your thought?

actually, i consider thought to be more important. grammar is okay, but i feel sorry for people that weigh it above everything else. is your attention to detail an indication of your inability to see anything larger than a word, or were you just having a laugh?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 08:42 pm
tinygiraffe wrote:

"i don't understand how democracy is supposed to work if we can't find out anything about the candidates because everyone is keeping quiet.

i assume that foofie believes he supports our system of voting, but then maybe anything goes. if his cherished american leaders decided that it was jews, not muslims, that needed to be sorted into/out of gitmo, it's interesting to think that he would just sit there and occasionally tell people not to be critical. at least, i may have asked, but i don't remember him saying anything to the contrary."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forgive me, but I really don't understand your logic above.

What do you mean, "but then maybe anything goes," referring to what? There's an inference there, I'd guess, but I have no idea what it is?

And, you don't remember me saying what to the contrary? And, again you describe a hypothetical scenario where I "just sit there and occasionally tell people not to be critical." I've told no one to be critical nor uncritical. I only state my OWN philosophy of non-criticalness towards our heads of state.

Are you arguing with a phantom Foofie or are your replies to me just too poetical (metaphorical) for me to understand?
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 08:47 pm
Quote:
I've told no one to be critical nor uncritical. I only state my OWN philosophy of non-criticalness towards our heads of state.

Are you arguing with a phantom Foofie...

it's always possible. then again, you could always invent one.
0 Replies