Working for b*tth*les

Chai

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 05:56 am
EEK!

What about your health insurance?!

Especially with the medical situation you're in right now, I recommend NOT doing anything, as Noddy said, until that is squared away.

What if you resign, and further tests or procedures are required?

STOP & THINK!

Look after and prioritize your own self-interests, which at this point is figuring out if there is something wrong with your heart.

Part of your emotions right now are tied up in your worries....step back and hold on until you know where the important things, i.e. your health stands.

You don't have to take ****, but don't quit and shoot yourself in the foot.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 02:06 pm
Chai--

Material Girl is in the UK--universal coverage with socialized medicine.

Not that MG isn't a woman capable of wild abandon and passionate gestures, mind you.

MG--

What was the reaction?
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 02:56 am
HIya

Thanks for the concern but Ive never had medical treatment being handled through work, I actually think my health will improve if I leave.

Hmm, no reaction yet, I was such a chicken, I threw the letter on my bosses desk as I left so he'd find it when he left.
I phoned him this morning for another issue, he didnt say anything and neither did I.
I feel sick.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 10:34 am
Material Girl--

How much notice did you give? Two weeks? Mark your calendar and start counting.

Escape is within your reach.

They aren't rejecting you--you have formally rejected them.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 10:45 am
Re: Working for b*tth*les
material girl wrote:
Im being verbally abused at work by 2 bosses.I have been in floods of tears many times.I am being blamed for their incompetence.

Do I have any legal standing?

goodness, i know what this is about. it's called scapegoating and it's the most common form of abuse in f***** up workplaces. how's about looking for another job? it can be therapeutic to search online for what you really would like to be working in/as. even if nothing is available, at least you are shifting your focus off of all the negativity...
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 10:48 am
ooo, I just read you gave notice. good for you. It's better to go into uncertainty rather than sacrificeing your health and well-being to stay in a job for the "security."
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 12:42 pm
mg wrote:
Hmm, no reaction yet, I was such a chicken, I threw the letter on my bosses desk as I left so he'd find it when he left.
I phoned him this morning for another issue, he didnt say anything and neither did I.
I feel sick.

does he have a messy desk?
maybe he didn't see it by the time you phoned him.

if i want someone to get a document, i leave it on their chair Smile
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 05:11 pm
That works. If they're especially dense (or busy or disorganized), I tape it across their computer screen.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 02:51 am
Eva wrote:
That works. If they're especially dense (or busy or disorganized), I tape it across their computer screen.

If i have messages to pass on I tape it to his computer screen too.

They definately recieved the letter.The only person to talk to me about it is someone who doesnt even work here, so if he knows then my bosses know.

Ive given 6 weeks notice, 2 more weeks at work then 4 weeks of owed holiday to me.

Il be looking for a job but I really dont want to work in a shop or an office but sadly thats all is mostly available.My dad even suggested doing a computer course to gain some general skills, not my idea of fun but I guess it has to be done.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 06:10 am
As long as it doesn't hurt your health care coverage, then I agree with the others that this is a good thing.

Question about your giving 6 weeks...Can you take those 4 holiday (what us yanks call vacation time) and still get paid for them? That would be good job hunting time.

Or, can you cash out that time, take the money and go after 2 weeks? Same difference money wise.

I know here, for many people it's a "use it or lose it"
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 07:24 am
The 4 weeks holiday/vacation time is within the year and I would normally be paid for it so, I get paid and dont have to work.

My female boss mentioned it to me today, she said 'Have you finally had enough of X'.I replied a bit sarcy by saying 'well he helped me make a decision, lets put it that way'.
She seemed ok with it and the money im owed.

Been job hunting tho realised I need to get my CV online first.Making a list of my good points to add to the CV, ......not as many as i thought I had!!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 09:38 am
This will sound like nitpicking but I don't mean it that way - just that it may affect your search in some way. Where I hail from, a CV is short for curriculum vitae and generally involves an indepth list of all the academic papers you have been author on, etc. A CV can run several or many pages.

A resume seems a better word for what you are putting online.

There have been several threads here at a2k on the subject with, as I remember, a lot of good suggestions for how to write a resume. Check out the Life at Work forum for threads...
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 10:02 am
Just an example, my boss packaged something up, put the company name on it and someones christian name....and he expects it to get to where it needs to go!!!!Am I wrong to think it wasnt done properly.
0 Replies