Internet Dating --- the Second Time Around

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 06:07 pm
I mentioned that since I began my recovery almost eight months ago that I also severed all my relationships and took a vow of temporary celibacy. Everyone I was intimate with was an addict/alcoholic or both. In fact, the last guy I was with died in July due to alcoholism.

Even though the rule is wait a year. I am 59 and I am still very pretty but I feel like the clock is ticking. So I put some ads out on the internet and I have been deluged with guys wanting to go out with me.

I have been been on seven "dates" so far and all but one was fabulous. I have dated guys and one girl from 24-59. I am corresponding steadily with about twenty-five or thirty men. One of which wants to fly me to Boston to meet him.

The only downside is that I seem to spend all my waking hours talking to or responding to potential suitors. I just can't, quite frankly, figure out the appeal. I do have a provocative photo and I look MUCH better in person. (Not look better so much as just have more animal magnetism.) And I write very clever ads. I also seem to have incredible intuition as to who to respond to or meet.

But I guess the biggest difference is that I am only dating men and women who are not into drinking and drugs and, more importantly, I am sober. And I have self-esteem as well, despite how I appear on this forum, in real life, I am not so self-centered. Maybe a little still but far less than I was before sobriety.

I really thinking in this information age, internet dating is the way to go. For one thing, you automatically eliminate the losers who don;t even have internet access.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 753 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Sglass

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 08:08 pm
Roxxxanne - Get thee to a nunnery.( As Hamlet said to Ophelia)

Maybe you should talk to some of the people on A2k that have had internet dating experience before you get so "gung ho"about plunging into cyberland relationships. I understand there are some real downsides to internet dating.

Keep it simple.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 08:17 pm
Roxxx, I think you should continue to focus on your recovery and forget about dating for now. I know it's none of my business, so tell me to sod off if you want. Still, that's my opinion.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 09:07 pm
Roxxx, I'm not antagonistic to what you are going through, and can somewhat understand.

Please - be at peace with yourself. This can take some doing if you are as old as I am. But don't go leaping now for kleiglights, however lowset.

People won't be your savior, through indulgence, fun, and morass, but you are your own person to deal with.

You are breathy for more experience, sort of like a needed pulsing. I'm not an AA person, or a zen person. I'll just say rest, mandatory rest. Regard yourself.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 09:10 pm
Roxxx, be very wary if approached by a guy named Slappy.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 09:13 pm
Slappy is fixed-up. He picked his new girlfriend out from a police line-up
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 09:16 pm
Jane, would you have any interest in chatting via 3D chat bubbles? We've been tossing the idea around and some of the other members have expressed a genuine interest.

Maybe Roxxxane's thread isn't the best place to ask, but I am just so excited about this idea I've lost all concept of location.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 09:18 pm
Hmmm, Gus in 3D, now there's a scary thought.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 09:20 pm
Green Witch wrote:
Hmmm, Gus in 3D, now there's a scary thought.

I think it would highlight my finer features.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 09:20 pm
That wouldn't be the first time you lost all concept of location, gustav!

It would be fun though, to have 3D characters instead of avatars.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 09:33 pm
How do you download a 3d bubble? And what if it bursts, what do you do with the body.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 09:35 pm
I have no clue, seaglass, but I'm sure, gustav is already working on it.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 12:13 am
Roxxxane, that sounds exhausting more than anything else to me. Emailing with 25 men? Uh, no thank you.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 01:20 am
yes it is exhausting but fun.
0 Replies