THE ULTIMATE CONSUMER GUIDE

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2003 07:59 am
THE ULTIMATE CONSUMER GUIDE
U.S. News & World Report - Sept. 2003
By Gerald Zaltman, a Harvard Business School professor and marketing consultant

"Before, the companies were the fishermen and consumers were the fish, and the fish always had a fighting chance. But now the fisherman has dynamite."

The modern American consumer is the richest, most catered-to creature in world history. We are fueling what has now been officially deemed an economic recovery by spending just about every penny we've got. So why are consumers so cranky? Consumers have an abundance of choices--but less time to handle them.

Customer disservice:
http://www.you-click.net/GoNow/a15504a83877a170716372a0
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 629 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 11:37 am
I like the way Amazon.com offers reviews from consumers. I've found them invaluable when making choices between various products and have been saved from making a costly mistake more then once.

I also disagree with Zaltman's statement about consumers having an abundance of choices. In my personal experience, I find that there are very few choices. Everything is a rubber stamp of everything else, the only difference is the brand name. If you prefer natural materials to plastic, there are even fewer choices.
0 Replies