southsidechick90

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 03:05 pm
well thanks for the help.
Now yall can move on to the next one.
I'm not arguing with a bunch of adults.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 03:10 pm
Amazing how your tone has changed from the sweet thing that has "always" wanted to own a day care center to the defensive brat you're being now.

You thought the adults here can't figure out when a kid is trying to get someone else to do your homework...and you're just pissed that you've been outed.

Anyway....I did help....that link I provided should give you more than enough information on your assignment.

What? do you want someone to find you the links to the state agencies with the rules and regs...then read and interpret it for you?

Are you from New Orleans, or from California?

Oh...wait.....you WERE from New Orleans....now you've moved to California...
0 Replies

southsidechick90

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 03:16 pm
What ever you want to say.
And I'm from Metairie,LA. No one knows where that is.
Metairie,Louisiana
So I say New Orleans.
Thanks for everything.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 03:16 pm
First you say this....

southsidechick90 wrote:
I've went on google to and no its not my homework. i juust needed more peoples advice because I got my teacher in my ear saying it's a stupid career.

Then you say it's for a project for school.

I'm not trying to beat you up....just pointing out if you're going to say something, it might as well be the truth right up front...then you don't have too many stories to remember.

Now...what exactly IS this all about?

Aren't adults just awful?
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 03:22 pm
Short version.

Day care as a career or business is for people who have a true love and deep concern for children.

It is not the type of business that is ever going to be highly profitable.

The hours and headaches of dealing with the responsibility of helping raise other's children is not to be taken lightly.

You will need to check with your local authorities as to regulations governing liscencing in your area.

Good Luck
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 03:22 pm
There is nothing wrong with asking homework questions here. Answering questions with our expertise is the priimary function of the site, not being a chat room.

However, many of us try to direct the help, especially on homework questions, by giving advice for assist people to research the information themselves; for example, give the keywords to use in google search, and perhaps other info.

Jespah answered some similar questions, about engineering, if I remember, quite fully.

There is no need to deride the questioner.
0 Replies

southsidechick90

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 03:23 pm
It's a project that I have for school.
We have to go on google and get information on the career you want. then you go ask an expert about the job.
My teacher doesn't like kids and she doesn't like my career choice because she thinks it's stupid.
How hard is that?
But Thanks you helped me out.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 03:26 pm
ossobuco wrote:
However, many of us try to direct the help, especially on homework questions, by giving advice for assist people to research the information themselves; for example, give the keywords to use in google search, and perhaps other info.

Exactly what I did.

Provided the links....AND gave other info re the exact same project I went through years back...and how I gathered the info.

She was provided with more than enough info to complete her assignment.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 03:26 pm
I was the one person who tried to help her out the other day - One of my suggestions (because I didn't want to do her home work for her, but to guide her where she could search for such information) - was to speak with a local libranian to see if she could direct to a proper agency that liscences daycares in her area.

I also suggested to contact a local day care and ask if she could interview the owner. I did something similar before when I was supposed to find out about careers. People love to talk about themselves and most would love to spend a half hour with you or more. When I did this at a company - I interview the VP in the computer department - he gave me a tour and the whole 9 yards. I got an A on the paper too. I also interviewed a manager at a bank once for a paper.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 03:32 pm
That's all good, what you did to help, Chai and, certainly Linkat and others.

The derision is what I object to, given the information giving aim of this site.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 03:33 pm
ossobuco wrote:
That's all good, what you did to help, Chai and, certainly Linkat and others.

The derision is what I object to, given the information giving aim of this site.

Ah she's just young. Give a bit of direction and some positive enforcement thats all. Most young people try to take the easy route - just don't give in.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 03:37 pm
I'm speaking of us - in this case, Chai, but many others do it on other homework questions over the years -- deriding her for asking a homework question, or trying to write it up as other than a homework question. She is, after all, interested in the day care provider career possibilities.
0 Replies

southsidechick90

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 03:39 pm
Thank you every one for every thing. I'm really not trying to get any one to do my homework.
I just needed some help.
As soon as I get a day off work I plan on going to the library.
But I will check out the web site.
Thanks for the information.
It helps alot.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 03:39 pm
ossobuco wrote:
I'm speaking of us - in this case, Chai, but many others do it on other homework questions over the years -- deriding her for asking a homework question, or trying to write it up as other than a homework question. She is, after all, interested in the day care provider career possibilities.

Ooops sorry about that - then I agree with you.
0 Replies

southsidechick90

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 03:43 pm
It's all about time.
Trying to work and get through school is very hard and I know yall know that.
I just don't feel like I can handle it.
Money is more important to me right now but I'm so clse to graduating!!
And to have people down me on the one thing that I want to give up on makes it worse.(Talking about my project for school)
It's not even a paper to print.
We are doing it on word and making a brochure(spelling) on it.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 04:30 pm
A word of advice.
Nothing is more important than finishing school.

Money will come (more with an education)

I worked three part time jobs while finishing High School and living on my own from 16. You can persevere.

Good luck with your project, and come post to us when you get your Diploma.

Rockhead
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 11:36 am
Like Rockhead said - finish school even if you have to sacrifice some money in short term by cutting back some hours at work. Your real job now is school and your education. As you said you will be finishing up soon - this May/June. 6 months may seem long when you are 17, but it really is short and definately worth the sacrifice in the long term.
0 Replies