Predict how Osama will die

Busma

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 04:03 pm
By direct suicide?
By indirect suicide?
By death penalty (which kind would that be?)?
By being shot or bombed by someone outside of his squad?
By a health condition?
By old age?
By accident?
By etc?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,287 • Replies: 29
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 04:10 pm
Heart attack playing golf in Palm Springs California
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 04:14 pm
His heart will stop.

I'll put money on it.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 04:16 pm
I bet there will be a lack of oxygen involved, too.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 04:51 pm
Done in by rival factions within his own organization. It's a shaky career ladder when your minions are all playing around with dynamite and Semtex.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 05:13 pm
He will die in combat by the sword of our great leader George W. Bush!
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 06:40 pm
Old Age
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 06:59 pm
Nibbled to death by rabid chipmunks
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 08:46 pm
Mr Plum. In the library. With a candlestick.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 09:04 pm
MQ-1
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 09:17 pm
He's been dead for roughly 5 years now...
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 09:39 pm
LionTamerX wrote:

Old terrorists never die they just.... blow away.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 10:22 pm
Expired goat's milk.
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 07:51 am
blatham wrote:
Expired goat's milk.

SNORT!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 08:04 am
George wrote:
blatham wrote:
Expired goat's milk.

SNORT!

Unless I recall mistakenly, george, you and I first bumped into each other in an abuzz thread where we were posting our preferred gravestone engravings. Sound right?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 08:54 am
Here's something to think about:

1. bin Laden's power has been marginalized. If he lives or dies it is of little concern to the world at large or even the democratic society as a whole.

2. Bush is NOW a bigger threat to world peace than bin Laden. Bush has the reins of power as President of the most powerful nation in the free world and he's cluelessly squandering it with no clear direction for it.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 08:58 am
Does the question presume that he is not dead already?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 08:59 am
LionTamerX wrote:

A possibility ..see above^
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 09:14 am
Ragman wrote:
Here's something to think about:

1. bin Laden's power has been marginalized. If he lives or dies it is of little concern to the world at large or even the democratic society as a whole.

2. Bush is NOW a bigger threat to world peace than bin Laden. Bush has the reins of power as President of the most powerful nation in the free world and he's cluelessly squandering it with no clear direction for it.

It is difficult to know to what extent Osama's power has been marginalized. Given the recent video, it seems he is still alive but quite invisible (if not, the US would be on him and that would surely not be kept secret given the administration's PR goals). Of course, his invisibility will have consequences for his 'management' of the movement which has grown up around him. So 'marginalized' is probably accurate in one sense.

However, the movement he helped spawn will likely exist and grow regardless of him now. And in that sense, as symbol or inspiration, I doubt it is prudent to think of him as unimportant.

Re your second point, I consider that an accurate statement too, though it was true from the beginning. But it's entirely reasonable to hold that Bush is more dangerous not merely to world peace but also to American's safety than Osama has ever been. Osama presents, and always has, far less of a danger than Iran. But the danger posed by Iran is far far less than this administration and its supporters have claimed. It has, for example, the gdp of Connecticut. Does anyone else here have trouble imagining Connecticut bringing down Western Civilization?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 09:23 am
blatham wrote:

It is difficult to know to what extent Osama's power has been marginalized. Given the recent video, it seems he is still alive but quite invisible (if not, the US would be on him and that would surely not be kept secret given the administration's PR goals). Of course, his invisibility will have consequences for his 'management' of the movement which has grown up around him. So 'marginalized' is probably accurate in one sense.

However, the movement he helped spawn will likely exist and grow regardless of him now. And in that sense, as symbol or inspiration, I doubt it is prudent to think of him as unimportant.

Re your second point, I consider that an accurate statement too, though it was true from the beginning. But it's entirely reasonable to hold that Bush is more dangerous not merely to world peace but also to American's safety than Osama has ever been. Osama presents, and always has, far less of a danger than Iran. But the danger posed by Iran is far far less than this administration and its supporters have claimed. It has, for example, the gdp of Connecticut. Does anyone else here have trouble imagining Connecticut bringing down Western Civilization?

However, GDP is not the ONLY way of measuring power or impact. Right now the issue/question SEEMS to be who is the de facto ideological leader unifying force of the Islamic world ...or better put perhaps who is the leader of the Terrorist Islamic world?

And I reviewed my words and have to alter my statement about Bush and his negative effect on world peace. Congress co-shares that
IR-responsibility of misguided leadership.
0 Replies