What the Hell? Give me your money not your vote.

Sglass

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 12:32 pm
Forsooth Blatham,

Old news is new news if you havent heard it. Perhaps you would care to extrapolate and educate the distaff side of A2K Razz
0 Replies

islandgirl

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 09:53 am
I enjoy reading all of your bantering back and forth. Keeps me entertained. I do a lot of my work at my computer and it's nice to take a breather every now and again to listen in to all of you. More please!

MK
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 10:02 am
blatham wrote:
Sglass wrote:
Island Girl,

Looks like you got your political thread hi-jacked by the "Good Old Boy Network" :wink:

Sg

Guilty as charged.

I'm afraid it isn't news for a dominating and resource-extracting political/economic/military power to take effective ownership and control of an external territory and then treating the people there like kitchen staff.

Eh, Blatham, at the very leaste the kitchen staff gets paid.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 09:40 am
Sglass wrote:
blatham wrote:
Sglass wrote:
Island Girl,

Looks like you got your political thread hi-jacked by the "Good Old Boy Network" :wink:

Sg

Guilty as charged.

I'm afraid it isn't news for a dominating and resource-extracting political/economic/military power to take effective ownership and control of an external territory and then treating the people there like kitchen staff.

Eh, Blatham, at the very leaste the kitchen staff gets paid.

Sorry, my good man or not man. Busy with stuffs.

It's a big, rich history of ugliness. Mart Twain's comments on the Phillipines is a fine place to start...
Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippine-American_War
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 11:44 am
It was certainly to the advantage of the U.S. to give the Philippines its independence in 1948 dissolving its territorial status.

As with modern day Puerto Rico, which is a U.S. territory, any Philipino prior to 1948 who set foot on U.S. soil automatically became a U.S. citizen entitled to all benefits of said citizenship. With a population, now in the vicinity of 85 Million(+) (the gift of independence) relieved the U.S. of any direct fiscal responsiblity for large number of Asians entering the U.S.

A lot of Philipino women get their citizenships via CherryBlossom.com as mail order brides. There is always more than one way to skin a cat. Laughing

Sg (distaff side of A2k)
0 Replies