Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 03:46 pm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 968 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 03:52 pm
(sniff) That makes me so sad. Poor little thing. No one to love her. Bwaaaa!!!! Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 06:58 pm
I can't see gloating over a fallen human being. We all need love and a helping hand. Some need one sort of help; others, another. Britney needs professional help and a lot of restraint. I see her in newsclips, looking like a butterfly with singed wings. I hope somebody is able to take her in hand soon. I couldn't name a one of her recordings, as I have never been curious to follow such stars. I never looked for her performances, just to ogle her body, either. But, I know when somebody is in desperate trouble.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 07:05 pm
edgarblythe- There are a lot of people in desperate trouble. She has the resources and the wherewithal to help herself. I am not going to lose any sleep worrying about her.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 07:54 pm
Well, Mom is about to put out a book. This could be related. Not to be cynical.

I will agree the girl is in trouble.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 08:08 pm
The Papparazi have become emboldened over the years. They should be charged under the indecency act for taking pictures with the camera aimed under the skirts or hemlines.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 08:23 pm
She could carry tear gas for the paparazzi, I'm sure they'll disappear
quickly after that.

That girl is white trash, her mother is white trash and unfortunately
her children will be too, regardless if raised by her or her dysfunctional
ex-husband. With all the resources they have, by gully they could
do some good for these poor children. No, instead they run from one
club to the other, boozing like it's going out of style.

No sympathy here either!
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 09:51 pm
god, if i hated everyone just because they were white trash i'd hate almost half the country.

i have to agree with the minister on this one, grinning over britney's failures only hurts us. in more instances than not, i'd argue that gloating over the pain that celebrities go through would make us white trash, actually. it's one thing if britney were some kind of monster.

she's just a kid, for christ's sake. and her mom's got no room to talk. child exploitation is crap. britney's said a few dumb things in her life, and of course she's not a great mom, she's probably never known one.

if saying a few dumb things is a crime, leave britney alone and impeach your president- get some priorities.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 09:53 pm
tinygiraffe wrote:
if saying a few dumb things is a crime, leave britney alone and impeach your president- get some priorities.

Oh honey, if only we could. Where do i sign?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 10:15 pm
I'll sign gladly as well.

tinygiraffe, admit it, you're the one on youtube who's crying
"leave Britney alone" Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWSjUe0FyxQ
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 10:25 pm
i feel for her. i'm not a fan, and i'm not crying.

i'm just a human being. so is she. what does anyone gain from trashing a child (she *is* a child) that's had a crappy life, (try losing your kid sometime, fit to parent or not) regardless of fame and money- self esteem?

years ago, i saw a group of people huddled over a dog, hugging each other. they weren't sad, they were laughing. they'd just kicked it to death.

i didn't cry, but yes, it did stir a small amount of emotion as i walked past them. it made me just a little ashamed to be human. this isn't any different, as far as i can tell. call me a pussy or a fanboy if you like. the kind of attitude people show britney is exactly the sort of attitude that killed princess diana. i just can't find anything healthy or worthwhile in that.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 04:49 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
edgarblythe- There are a lot of people in desperate trouble. She has the resources and the wherewithal to help herself. I am not going to lose any sleep worrying about her.

Having money does not equate to an ability to make wise choices.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 05:13 am
edgar- Of course not. My point is, that when I see an article about Spears, I usually pass it by. If this weren't on A2K, I would not have thought twice about it.

There are many young people who make poor choices. If she were a relative, or a daughter of a friend, I would be concerned. Just because she is a celebrity, I don't think that she deserves any more interest on my part than any other random stranger.

I have really spent too much of my time thinking about her already!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 05:31 am
Well, dys, I thought this thread was about Diane, but since she has plenty of love, I guess she can spare some.

I don't pay much attention to the stars nowadays, but I wish the girl well.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 06:08 am
(maybe I should not have deleted my post in the first place..)

My first thought when reading this church's story was that he just wanted to ride on fame's coat tails for some reason

Maybe his churchs membership was down.. or something silly like that and was looking to draw attention to himself and his congregation
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 12:45 pm
Letty wrote:
Well, dys, I thought this thread was about Diane, but since she has plenty of love, I guess she can spare some.

in my philosophy, love isn't finite, but the balance between love and human frailty is. human frailty limits love, but the flow can always be opened further.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 12:58 pm
tinygiraffe, you write smoothly and beautifully. Yes, human foibles can be a loose stone, but I like to think that even then, we can see the soul behind the weakness and find it unwounded and soft.
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 01:11 pm
Letty wrote:
tinygiraffe, you write smoothly and beautifully. Yes, human foibles can be a loose stone, but I like to think that even then, we can see the soul behind the weakness and find it unwounded and soft.

absolutely. and i wasn't suggesting that people pour their hearts out for britney, i'd be happy enough if people stopped finding glee at her misfortune.

i'm glad someone mentioned that money doesn't always equal sufficient resources, when people are messed up we assume that money can buy them help. if she goes to see people that are happy to exploit her further (almost everyone that does business with the rich probably is?) and her family doesn't care about her well being (lots of evidence they don't) then money isnt' going to make a difference.

if on the other hand, people don't think about her at all... that's fine. it's a lot better than what actually happens.

i'd also like to mention that i didn't realize that diane was going in today. from all i've read so far, i thought she was through with that part and recovering. she has my best wishes, regardless of the fact that i don't know her. it's cool that you can wish a stranger well, people should do that every day.
0 Replies