Tens of Thousands in US anti-war protests

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 04:42 pm
the only reason that i'd favor a draft is exampled by a portion of a chris matthews on campus show from a year or so back...

chris, in an auditorium full of college students, asked (paraphrased); "how many here are supporters of the iraq war ? go ahead and stand up".

there was a ginormous roar of yeahs!, whistles, screams and other pep rally type sounds from the audience.

he then asked; "how many are in rotc?"

three or four stood.

"okay", chris continued, "how many plan to join the military soon or after graduation?".

again, only 3,4, perhaps 6. out of a hall of at least hundreds. more likely a 1000 or so.

the point being...

it's real easy to be all for the war when ya aren't the one that's gotta fight it.

hopefully, i'm not the only one that's noticed that toby keith has been quite carefull that his $500 boots are safe from any chance of being inserted into the ass of them a-rabs while getting rich singin' 'bout doin' it.

guess he has "other priorities".

like writing his trendy new anti-war song...
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 04:48 pm
the only reason that i'd favor a draft is exampled by a portion of a chris matthews on campus show from a year or so back...

chris, in an auditorium full of college students, asked (paraphrased); "how many here are supporters of the iraq war ? go ahead and stand up".

there was a ginormous roar of yeahs!, whistles, screams and other pep rally type sounds from the audience.

three or four stood.

"okay", chris continued, "how many plan to join the military soon or after graduation?".

again, only 3,4, perhaps 6. out of a hall of at least hundreds. more likely a 1000 or so.

the point being...

it's real easy to be all for the war when ya aren't the one that's gotta fight it.

hopefully, i'm not the only one that's noticed that toby keith has been quite carefull that his $500 boots are safe from any chance of being inserted into the ass of them a-rabs while getting rich singin' 'bout doin' it.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 05:10 pm
If his trendy anti war song sucks as bad as the one about Red White and Blue, I'll just have to pass on it.
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 05:26 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
If his trendy anti war song sucks as bad as the one about Red White and Blue, I'll just have to pass on it.

if he's not sincerely repenting from his kill-them-iraqi-bastards propaganda days (i actually don't know what the lyrics are, but they can't be much more intelligent than that,) at least he's repenting in some way. i'll give him that, however little it is, it's progress.

a song called "i was stupid to cheer on mass murder, (we've all been a little too stupid too long)" might be sincere enough for my taste, but i can't imagine it sung to a steel guitar. you'd need a really slow tempo to get all that out.

bonnie raitt could do it, but then she's god. Smile
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 06:32 am
DontTreadOnMe wrote:

three or four stood.

the point being...

He could have asked "How many support fighting fires?" "How many support educating our children?" How many will be fire fighters or teachers when they graduate?"

Probably get around the same percentage.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 07:21 am
America is not a war. America is at the mall.

Apathy sucks.
0 Replies

Halfback

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 12:17 pm
Iraq = Viet Nam - Draft

How many Anti-War protesters could we get to show up for a "happening" if the draft was still in effect?

As it stands, the "War" is generally treated as "Someone elses' war" by the general public. As long as it doesn't interfere with their "perfect little lives" it "Don't mean nothin'". Sad

Apathy, in spades! Embarrassed

Halfback
0 Replies