Male: Dizzy spells. Any ideas?

Miller

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 03:16 pm
candidone1 wrote:
Sorry...what's a PCP.
What I know as PCP isn't what you're referring to....

Also may be called Internist or Family practioner.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 06:46 pm
candidone1 wrote:

I guess I have just been frustrated with my doc just being satisfied with a c'est la vie attitude over something that really affects my quality of life.

Hah! That reminds me of the time, a few years ago, when I was diagnosed with bronchitis. It was so bad, I would start coughing and couldn't stop till I passed out. They didn't seem to realize they were sharing the road with a driver who could slump over the wheel at any time.

To the dizziness, though. They say if your only tool is a hammer, you see every problem as a nail. I have diabetes, and dizziness kind of nibbles at the symptoms of hypoglycemia. Unless you are also coming up with an insatiable appitite for carbs, though, I would rule that out.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 07:00 pm
That's interesting, re the diabetes connection.

On sharing the road, I've been sort of bemused by those who berate the careful on the road, at the same time, at my best, I very much like driving curves in a sportscar, or, I suppose I should say, HAVE liked. I am aware of my zones of iffyness. People seem to assign evil intent to the trying-their best. Empathy seems near zero on the road. Well, no, not near zero - I see it often. But it sure fails sometimes.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 07:14 pm
Actually, I would be surprised if Candid's problems were related to low blood sugar. There's a host of other symptoms, a few of which he would have surely mentioned. Like I say, when your only tool is a hammer. . . .
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 05:41 am
Possibilities:

hypoglycemia
hypotension
-----------------------

vestibular/middle ear problems
-----------------------------

cerebellar problem

-----------------------------
0 Replies

flustered

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 11:40 am
@candidone1,
I have a close friend going through the same thing as you, Candidone1. All the tests came out clean--blood pressure, MRI, heart....He's athletic, eats healthy and doesn't smoke or heavily drink. The doctors seems to be stumped here in Vancouver, Canada. It is mind boggling how this symptom seem to be on the web but no research has been set for it yet. Has anything happened in the last couple years to help your dizziness/nausea? He tried lowering his carb intake and up his salt to increase blood flow to the brain (that was found online and not by his doctor visits). That helped a little bit but the symptoms are still there that it is difficult to focus on the everyday life.
0 Replies