why didn't he call back?

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 10:00 pm
This is kind of a long story and i really don't want to read too much into it but i think i have a right to be very confused!
roughly a week ago i met this guy and we had a cool conversation and i was pleasantly surprised when he really wanted to give me his number and ask if i'd call him. i decided to call him two days later and left a message on his voicemail. the next day he called back and we planned to get coffee two days later, when he was supposed to get off work early.
cut to a few hours before we're supposed to meet, when i get a voicemail on my cell after coming out of class saying he couldnt get off work early, that hopefully we can reschedule for later that week and he would call me later. i also missed a few things he said because of background noise but i assume it wasn't anything that important. maybe i should've waited for him to call me but i figured i'd do the polite thing and call to verify i got the change of plans. of course, i got his voicemail again so i just said it was cool and he can call me to reschedule later.
that was five days ago and i'm quite confused because isn't it a bit rude for him not to call back especially after changing the plans? or is this whole thing behind us and he might just call back whenever he feels like it? or should i risk seeming desperate and text him and ask what's up? i really wanted to hang out as friends because we had a lot in common..
any advice is appreciated, thanks!

Edit [Moderator]: Moved from Web Development & Design to Relationships & Marriage.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 681 • Replies: 4
No top replies

contrex

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 11:59 pm
You posted this in "web development and design"?

He sounds like a schmuck. Forget him. I agree it was rude the way he didn't call back. Even if he does call, do you want to start anything with somebody as selfish as this? Could lead to plenty of suffering. If he can be this off hand with someone he just met, think how bad it could get if things developed.

We don't chase shamelessly after people that we want to "hang out as friends" with. You don't need "friends" like that!
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2007 06:20 am
Welcome to A2K Pet. And I'm really sorry I haven't called you back. But I was kidnapped by this crazy clown cult and forced to wear silly makeup and costumes. But just as soon as I escape, I promise we'll get together, assuming I can dodge my wife long enough.

Ok, funny stuff aside, I wouldn't give this guy another thought. He could have at least called you to let you know he's been too busy to get together with you. Of course, maybe he really is married and is being careful so as not to have his wife suspect he is checking out someone else. Have you thought about that? Are you sure he is single? So walk away. There are others out there who will at least return a phone call.

Take care.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2007 07:32 am
What was the line from"Sex and the City"? He didn't call back because "he's just not that into you."

Take it from someone who's been there. I sure wish someone had been around to say it so plainly when I was on the dating scene. It could have saved me alot of worry and self-degradation.

He's just not into you. People who are interested in you will call you, come hell or high water, but trying to figure it why they don't call is a waste of time. And don't take it personally. That's a waste of time too.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2007 08:22 am
I wonder what Diana/class is up to these days?
0 Replies