Right-wing Closeted Homosexuals Score Major Victory

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 11:38 am
They have silenced me.

After deflecting repeated attacks from the disturbed latent homosexual misogynists here, I have come to the conclusion that my participation is harmful to my mental health and, more importantly, my sobriety.

I will not be lurking or reading any subsequent posts but I will be checking in for PMs.

And I sure hope to see some of you at future A2K events.

Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,593 • Replies: 26
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 11:47 am
Roxxxxann--

I hope you reconsider participating on, but obviously your sobriety comes first.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 11:54 am
If you like who you are then you don't have to worry about drinking so much to feel normal or to convince yourself that you are normal. All it takes is a real good look in the mirror to see if one is being true to themselves.

Good luck Rox do yourself some soul searching.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 12:32 pm
Perhaps if you stopped thinking of everyone with a different opinion to yours as "disturbed latent homosexual misogynists" you wouldn't need to deflect so many attacks?

The majority of your posts have been vapid attacks devoid of anything meaningful. (yeah, yeah, I know the whole pot kettle responses). Most people, right wingers included, are not really "disturbed latent homosexual misogynists", merely normal people that do not care to have others continually shove their own sexuality down their throats as you repeatedly do.

I wonder which incarnation will return?
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 12:36 pm
The reprieve was minimal.
People who feel victimized usually don't constantly bait their "abusers" in the fashion we are seeing.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 12:39 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Most people, right wingers included... care to have others continually shove their own sexuality down their throats...

Teehee!
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 01:33 pm
That makes you weak. You are correct to leave if you can not handle the pressure.

It is just an Web Chat room you realize that is "freaking you out", don't you?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 01:40 pm
DrewDad wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Most people, right wingers included... care to have others continually shove their own sexuality down their throats...

Teehee!
ROFL
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 01:49 pm
dyslexia wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Teehee!
ROFL

Go back to sleep, dys.
0 Replies

Halfback

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 10:12 pm
Although I, too, have been on the receiving end of some of Roxy's invective, I can understand where it might become a little tiresome after a while.

Having been in a number of forums over the years, I have to admit that I have seldom found a forum so filled with name calling, vicious attacks on another's character, abject categorization, meanness and simple disregard for civility.

Typically, the moderators try to keep it, at least, a little aboveboard and to the topic, but I don't see that here (as yet). Razz

At the very least, most forums I have been in have the option of an "Ignore" button, which allows one to bypass those who contribute nothing to the discourse and specialize in invective. Sadly, that, too, is missing. Confused

I find it a bit troublesome, when trying to read through a thread, to have to go through six screens of insults and counter insults to get to any meat on a given topic. Sad

Are we so fragmented and distant in political thought in this forum that we cannot refrain from beating each other up? Razz

(My apologies to those in here I have had good discussion and debate with. You know who you are.) :wink:

Halfback
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2007 10:14 am
Halfback wrote:
At the very least, most forums I have been in have the option of an "Ignore" button, which allows one to bypass those who contribute nothing to the discourse and specialize in invective. Sadly, that, too, is missing. Confused

an ignore feature will be included in the new version of the site
http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2665160#2665160
0 Replies

Halfback

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2007 11:16 am
Ignore
Region: Thanks for info, appreciate it.

Don't want to IGGY everyone, but there are always one or two, if you know what I mean. :wink:

Halfback
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2007 05:56 pm
Region Philbis wrote:
Halfback wrote:

an ignore feature will be included in the new version of the site
http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2665160#2665160

How does the Ignore button work?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2007 06:24 pm
for now, it is the little X up in the right hand corner of the screen.....
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2007 06:53 pm
Actually, I think my five or six months off the internet has done me wonders.

I became rather reactionary there for a while.

If you are not enjoying an experience, why keep repeating it?

:wink:
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2007 11:04 pm
Best of luck, rox. You've taken a tougher path than most of us would be able to pull off. You have my respect and affinity.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 07:39 am
Re: Right-wing Closeted Homosexuals Score Major Victory
Roxxxanne wrote:
They have silenced me.

After deflecting repeated attacks from the disturbed latent homosexual misogynists here, I have come to the conclusion that my participation is harmful to my mental health and, more importantly, my sobriety.

I will not be lurking or reading any subsequent posts but I will be checking in for PMs.

And I sure hope to see some of you at future A2K events.

Thanks.

I doubt these attacks were any worse than your repeated attacks as evidenced by the title of this thread. At least no worse than any other attacks against others on a2k.

But, regardless of your reason, if you feel it is in your best interest to leave a2k, then you certainly should. Good luck to you. Take care of yourself. I do wish you well Roxxxanne.

Of course, it occurs to me that since you are gone, you will never see this post. Hmmm, that is a quandary. Guess I'll pm you to wish you well.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 12:04 pm
Foofie wrote:
How does the Ignore button work?

i don't know.
some web browsers (firefox?) have them...
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 03:24 pm
Oh Roxxxanne,

Oh dear, it simply isn't the same without you.

Please come back, you are one of my favorite playmates.

I understand that demolition derby is a pretty rough sport, but if you don't play you donnnnnnn't get to come to the party afterwards.

love,

Granny Glass
Standing with her hard helmut dabbing her eyes.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 09:02 pm
Sglass wrote:
Oh Roxxxanne,

Oh dear, it simply isn't the same without you.

Please come back, you are one of my favorite playmates.

I understand that demolition derby is a pretty rough sport, but if you don't play you donnnnnnn't get to come to the party afterwards.

love,

Granny Glass
Standing with her hard helmut dabbing her eyes.

I am back and you my dear are one of the sweetest people I have ever met, I just wish we had had more time together when you were here.

I just have a new outlook after getting back from my honeymoon, these creeps can say or do anything they want. It only makes them look bad. And really stupid.
0 Replies