Seven Months Sober Today and Secretaried my First Meeting

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 10:29 pm
Really cool, I am doing the 7pm Meditation Meeting at the First Place, Friday Nights in the Tenderloin. Getting this guys to stay still for ten minutes is quite a task but I did a great job, I must say and I didn't even have my whip or my hip to toe leather boots! Laughing

It is amazing how my life is changing and oh BTW, I decided that I am not going to go out with the married guy I talked about meeting in AA.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,601 • Replies: 22
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 05:26 am
Way to go!

Joe(hoorah on you!)Nation
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 05:29 am
and....good decision on the married guy.

keep it clean girl. :wink:
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 06:03 am
Roxxxanne--

You are becoming a truely formidable woman.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 06:16 am
Yay!!!!
Keep comin back, Roxxxanne!
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 06:26 am
Good for you, Roxxanne!
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 07:46 am
I'm proud of you Roxxxanne. I still have my first year medallion, and it's thinking of you.

xoxoxo

Sea

Actually there is an old thread on A2K which was started years ago and am sure is in the archives. The alkies have their own clique. Laughing
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 08:54 am
Oh, I got to sign my first slips too. That seemed weird, it wasn't too long ago that I was getting them signed. There was a gentleman who did not speak or announce as a newcomer who quietly left a first time slip on my desk.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 08:59 am
The Tenderloin? WOW I bet you were a huge success Laughing
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 09:04 am
Congratulations, Roxxanne! After having met you, I know that you have
the stamina to pull through this....

What's the protocol? Signed slips and "The Tenderloin" doesn't mean
anything to me, sorry.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 09:05 am
LOL yes I was.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 04:27 pm
Calamity Jane since Roxxxanne didn't address your questions, I will.

A lot of people are court ordered to attend AA meetings for any number of reasons. DUI, drug offenses, et al. When they come to a meeting they bring a sheet of paper with them on which they indicate what the name of the meeting they attended is and the signature of the secretary or person who is chairing the meeting. In turn, this sheet of paper is given to their probabation officer or other appropriate official type.

The Tenderloin is the red light district of San Francisco where the ladies of the night exchange sexual favors for money.

Other than that how are you doing lady?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 05:12 pm
Sglass wrote:

A lot of people are court ordered to attend AA meetings for any number of reasons. DUI, drug offenses, et al. When they come to a meeting they bring a sheet of paper with them on which they indicate what the name of the meeting they attended is and the signature of the secretary or person who is chairing the meeting. In turn, this sheet of paper is given to their probabation officer or other appropriate official type.

The Tenderloin is the red light district of San Francisco where the ladies of the night exchange sexual favors for money.

A lot of people assume that the slips are court ordered but I had to have my signed as part of a voluntary rehab program.

I am doing great but I'll be better. Smile
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 05:14 pm
I guess you were the et al Embarrassed
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 05:25 pm
Speaking of prostitution, last week, I went to an AA dance at the Holiday Inn on Van Ness, it let out around the time the bars closed. I was dressed rather provocatively. I walked home and down Larkin, a john pulled past two waiting prostitutes to make me an offer , as I walked past the two hookers, they glared, I smiled and said hello, one said hello back through clenched teeth. A few steps down, a pimp chastised me for trying to work alone. So at 59, I guess I am still marketable.

Rolling Eyes Laughing Surprised
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 05:29 pm
Well dear,
I'm not sure that being found desirable by a john on the prowl for a bj is necessarily enviable. But it's good occasionally to be pleased with oneself.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 05:37 pm
Sglass wrote:

Thanks dear for not letting me die stupid Wink
I am doing great and looking forward to Thanksgiving and a few quiet
days off. When are you heading back to lovely Hawaii?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 06:43 pm
snood wrote:
Well dear,
I'm not sure that being found desirable by a john on the prowl for a bj is necessarily enviable. But it's good occasionally to be pleased with oneself.

That wasn't the point, it was beating out the competition twenty years younger and getting threatened by the pimp that was comical.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 07:58 pm
Snood what is a bj?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 08:39 pm
Hell, I can out work and out run a man TWICE my age, and I don't brag.
0 Replies