Tax protester Gassed, Tortured In Deprivation Tank

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 06:14 pm
Ed Brown Gassed, Tortured In Deprivation Tank
Tax protester speaks for first time since arrest in prison phone call Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
In a disturbing audio clip, Ed Brown speaks for the first time since his arrest and relates how he was gassed by noxious fumes for three days in a detention center as well as being put in a deprivation tank for 15 hours.

Shaun Kranish of MaketheStand.com was able to call the Ohio prison that Brown has been incarcerated in and talk with him on the phone for 10 minutes.

Sensory deprivation is a form of torture and extended deprivation can result in extreme anxiety, hallucinations, bizarre thoughts, depression, and antisocial behavior.

Brown also said he had been prevented from making any phone calls or receiving mail.

For the first time, Brown reveals what happened when he was tricked and arrested by U.S. Marshals, including how he was tasered multiple times.

Brown said that he had a chance to fight back during the arrest but that he did not want to hurt anyone.

Brown said his captors were treating him with "professional cruelty" and mentioned that they had also done harrowing things to his wife following her arrest, but refused to go into detail.

"I guess Ed and Elaine Brown, the elderly couple, really rattled their cages, we must be a real terror to the federal government, the corporate structure," said Brown.

Following our article about Ed Brown supporters fearing Brown was being mistreated or tortured, U.S. Marshal Stephen Monier dismissed it, saying, "That's absolutely ludicrous."

If what Ed Brown relates in the audio clip is true, it's abundantly clear that he is being cruelly mistreated.

Click here to listen to the MP3.

In a related development, Elaine Brown's son David told WMUR News that he has also been prevented from speaking to his mother.
link
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,536 • Replies: 20
No top replies

parados

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 07:24 pm
Ed Brown -
The guy and his wife holed up with numerous guns after he was convicted of tax evasion. He threatened to kill anyone that came after him. He was arrested without incident after several months when police pretended to be supporters to gain access to his house.

Now you want us to believe him when he claims he was gassed? Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Sensory deprivation is a form of torture and extended deprivation can result in extreme anxiety, hallucinations, bizarre thoughts, depression, and antisocial behavior.

Extreme anxiety, bizarre thoughts and antisocial behavior? He exhibited those symptoms long before he was ever put in jail.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 07:40 pm
parados, the article posted says, "If what Ed Brown relates in the audio clip is true, it's abundantly clear that he is being cruelly mistreated." I agree with that. What I wonder is why his son is being prevented from seeing his father and mother. Allowing a visit could go a long way to finding out what's been happening. Maybe the Red Cross should be allowed a visit.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 08:04 pm
Ed Brown - arrested on Oct 4th in New Hampshire.

transported to Ohio prison on Oct 9th.

Complains over the phone on Oct 16th that he hasn't received any mail and can't make phone calls.

If what Ed Brown relates is true then how did he relate it?

Let me say that again for those that missed it... complains on the PHONE that he can't use the PHONE.
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 08:30 pm
not getting a phone until 12 days after your arrest isn't typical. you're supposed to have rights to a lawyer? call your family, not wait two weeks?

is displaying symptoms of insanity now the same as waiving your right to representation? i thought that was gitmo, not ohio. this doesn't bother you even a little?
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 05:51 am
This seems to be what Brown's supporters fear while he was in "transit" for days. "Supporters fear that Brown is being transported from prison to prison and being forced to sit in the same position for hours at a time while heavily shackled, causing painful circulation problems and nerve damage. This was a form of torture inflicted by Federal Marshals on Congressman George Hansen, who served four years in jail for alleged IRS infractions before being declared innocent by the U. S. Supreme Court.

"Each day the metal shackles are put back onto raw and infected legs before the prisoner boards the bus. After weeks and months of diesel therapy, the ankles and shins have raw, infected and open wounds that will not heal," reads the website.

"Hour after hour, the prisoner sits in a cramped & painful position, with shackles cutting into already infected, raw flesh. Arthritis and bursitis compound the misery of the prisoners. The ingrown, infected toenails, which are jammed inside of purposely small shoes, cripple the prisoner to the point that he can barely walk or move when he is finally released from the shackles."
link
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 06:47 am
tinygiraffe wrote:
not getting a phone until 12 days after your arrest isn't typical. you're supposed to have rights to a lawyer? call your family, not wait two weeks?

is displaying symptoms of insanity now the same as waiving your right to representation? i thought that was gitmo, not ohio. this doesn't bother you even a little?

Ed Brown was convicted in January. (I don't recall if he had a lawyer or defended himself.) He refused to surrender himself for prison after his conviction by a jury of his peers. He barricaded himself in his home, threatened officials, planted booby traps. Where do you get from this that he didn't have rights to a lawyer? He certainly wasn't charged with anything when he was arrested. He wasn't being taken to court. That had already been adjudicated. He will need a lawyer once they charge him with other crimes but for now they are still investigating the weapons and threats.

The standard time from entering prison after a conviction to making a phone call and receiving mail seems to be 7-10 days based on the tales told by those that would know.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/archive/index.php/f-717.html

Ed Brown was transferred on Oct 9th. On Oct 16th he was talking on the phone. Seems like he was on the low end of that figure. His mail and phone calls will be monitored. Any mail deemed innappropriate will not be forwarded to him. Prisoners are not supposed to receive phone calls except for family emergencies yet Mr Brown was on the phone with a reporter? All phone numbers he is planning to call MUST be registered before he can call them. He is limited in the amount of time he can spend on the phone at any given time and restricted to 300 minutes a month.

As for the David Brown claim that he has been unable to speak to his mother. I call Bullshit on that one too. David Brown can see her on visiting days. He can talk to her on the phone once she registers his number and calls him. He can't call her. She is in prison for god's sake.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 06:54 am
Funny stuff there blueflame. If ONLY it was true..

Ed Brown was still in a jail in New Hampshire on Oct 7th. On Oct 9th he was in the prison he was assigned to in Ohio. So much for the "days in transit" chained on a bus.
Ed Brown in Prison - Oct 10th story

Ed Brown awaiting Con Air - Oct 8th story
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 07:01 am
Yeah what's a couple days. As Bushie says we dont torture. People should just chill.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 07:05 am
blueflame1 wrote:
Yeah what's a couple days. As Bushie says we dont torture. People should just chill.

You made an accusation beyond even what Brown said. The "speculation" that Brown was transported by bus over several days is bogus. Even Brown doesn't make that claim. People should step back and look at the actual facts before they go off on their idiotic rants.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 07:15 am
parados, I haven't made any accusations. I've posted articles in the news. I said this, "This seems to be what Brown's supporters fear while he was in "transit" for days." And I said this, "parados, the article posted says, "If what Ed Brown relates in the audio clip is true, it's abundantly clear that he is being cruelly mistreated." I agree with that." No accusations at all. In this day and age I think we should keep an eye on the treatment of all in custody. I dont much care for the kind of threats Brown made before he was arrested. But I dont believe he should be treated inhumanely. And I will follow the news on this as I do with Gitmo, Abu Ghraib and in the domestic American prison system which truely is a national disgrace with plenty of evidence of abuse, rapes, beatings of prisoners by guards.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 07:15 am
Prison guards are authorized to use chemicals on unruly prisoners. Put that together with the evidence that this guy has issues with authority....
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 07:18 am
Also, where does it say "sensory deprivation tank?"

The article mentions sensory deprivation, makes nasty implications about the results of sensory deprivation, but doesn't actually say that it's being used. Or is witholding mail supposed to be sensory deprivation that causes hallucinations?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 07:18 am
Ed Brown arrested on Oct 4th in his home at 7:45pm
Ed Brown states he was held in a "detention center" and gassed for 3 days.
Ed Brown is in Ohio prison on Oct 9th.

Blueflame and others claim Ed Brown was transported for "days" shackled and forced to sit in painful positions day after day as he was moved from one jail to another.

Where did you learn math Blueflame? Even Ed Brown knows the claims are bogus since he sat in one place for 3 days and it only took 5 days from his arrest to get to his final destination.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 07:19 am
My bad, the article did mention a sensory deprivation tank.

Is that standard equipment in a prison?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 07:21 am
blueflame1 wrote:
And I will follow the news on this

And ignore anything that doesn't support your silly conspiracy theory?

Are you willing to admit that claims about his being chanied for days for transport are false or should we NOT believe Ed Brown on that one?
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 10:30 pm
parados wrote:
Even Brown doesn't make that claim. People should step back and look at the actual facts before they go off on their idiotic rants.

some of us worry about the loss of freedom over the past 8 years parados, as well as the sheer amount of propaganda standing (however flimsy, there's plenty) in the way of late. though some of us will remain just as concerned, we'll promise to try our utmost to be less "idiotic" if you can find it in your heart to be a little less patronizing.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 11:09 am
parados, "And ignore anything that doesn't support your silly conspiracy theory?" As I've said I've made no accusations here. Offered no theories of my own. I've posted articles that present both sides of the story. And I've come to no conclusions at this point. I do know what torture goes on in the American prison system on a daily basis. Very extensive and viscious.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 09:09 pm
When I was in a sensory deprivation tank,
in the spa of the Golden Nugget of Las Vegas,
I had to come up with some cash for it.

I suppose that thay 'd have let me stay in
for 15 hours, if I 'd bought that much time,
but I did not think of it.
There r many other things to do in Las Vegas.

I liked it, except that the salt water
makes your joints less supple for several months.
Admittedly, I did not get any mail while I was in there.

David
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 06:00 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
parados, "And ignore anything that doesn't support your silly conspiracy theory?" As I've said I've made no accusations here. Offered no theories of my own. I've posted articles that present both sides of the story.
Really? When did you post an article that offered the side that Brown wasn't gassed or shackled for days?
You posted articles from prisonplanet which were obviously biased. You have presented no "other side".
0 Replies