Bill Clinton in Cabinet

gollum

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 06:24 pm
If Hillary Rodham Clinton is elected president and takes office, is there any constitutional or legal bar to her nominating her husband Bill Clinton to be a member of her Cabinet?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 859 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 06:34 pm
A very far fetched hypothetical question.
My answer is this.
Mrs clinton will not win.
After BUSH 's noble regime nothing is impossible.
And no one cares about decency, democracy,or legal norms.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 06:37 pm
Why would there be any barring his being a cabinet member? He is just a former two-time(ing) President..who Constitutionally can be anything he wants to be (except Pres again), should he choose to...or be appointed as a cabinet member.

Ramafuchs: it is not as far-fetched as you might think; however, you obviously know little about American politics if you think that Hillary Clinton is not the odds-on favorite amongst ALL of the announced candidates. Your comments make little sense to me. More than likely, for better on worse, she will be elected. whether or not he would be approved as a cabinet member or make a suitable one is another story entirely.
0 Replies

gollum

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2007 10:46 am
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2007 06:48 pm
Ragman wrote:
Why would there be any barring his being a cabinet member? He is just a former two-time(ing) President..who Constitutionally can be anything he wants to be (except Pres again), should he choose to...or be appointed as a cabinet member.

Ramafuchs: it is not as far-fetched as you might think; however, you obviously know little about American politics if you think that Hillary Clinton is not the odds-on favorite amongst ALL of the announced candidates. Your comments make little sense to me. More than likely, for better on worse, she will be elected. whether or not he would be approved as a cabinet member or make a suitable one is another story entirely.

Ram believes that we Americans are too barbaric to accept a woman as president. As for former President Clinton, I doubt the new President Clinton will have much to do with him. It would be funny if she nominated him for the Supreme Court. He is a lawyer by trade (even if he lost his license). He'd probably be very good at it. More likely would be something like French Ambassador, something we would be good and and also far away.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2007 06:58 pm
umm...why wouldn't she have much to do with him? Do you know anything about them as a political couple? She VERY much respects his thoughts and idea a great deal when it comes to campaigning and domestic and international politics. He is after all a Rhodes Scholar.

I'm sure he will tirelessly campaign for her and be her eyes and ears.

As was written earlier, there are laws that prevent him from being an "official" cabinet member, though.

Oh yeah, put Bill Clinton in France! That's like putting the fox in a hen house.
0 Replies

gollum

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2007 07:03 pm
Bill Clinton in Cabinet
engineer-
Who lost his (law) license?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2007 07:08 pm
"Clinton was disbarred from his Arkansas law license for five years and ordered to pay $25,000 in fines to that state's bar officials. The agreement came on the condition that Whitewater prosecutors would not pursue federal perjury charges against him. In October 2001, Clinton was suspended by the Supreme Court and, facing disbarment from the high court as well, Clinton resigned from the Supreme Court bar in November (2001)"
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 07:45 am
Ragman wrote:
umm...why wouldn't she have much to do with him? Do you know anything about them as a political couple? She VERY much respects his thoughts and idea a great deal when it comes to campaigning and domestic and international politics. He is after all a Rhodes Scholar.

As was written earlier, there are laws that prevent him from being an "official" cabinet member, though.

Oh yeah, put Bill Clinton in France! That's like putting the fox in a hen house.

I think President Clinton II will go out of her way to show she is not a reincarnation of President Clinton I hence she will distance Bill from the White House. It is clear from the campaign at this point that she is willing to use his expertise on the campaign trail and I'm sure she would be willing to use his relationships overseas to help with foreign relations (hence my ambassador thought), but I don't think she wants him to be a distraction domestically.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 09:50 pm
Why do you feel that way? Did you hear her say this in an interview or article somehwere? Or are you just guessing at this?
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 07:19 am
Ragman wrote:
Why do you feel that way? Did you hear her say this in an interview or article somehwere? Or are you just guessing at this?

My guess based on her stint in the Senate. From what I can see of her Senate office, she runs a pretty tight ship, but you don't see much of her husband. He runs in other political circles. While I'm sure there is discussion behind the scenes, I've never seen that B.C. has any overt influence on H.C.'s activities.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 01:30 pm
Here's my prognostication after reading the tea leaves: He will wind up involved with the Israeli peace process. No reason to let historians give all the credit to a Brit.

Plus, his charisma would work miracles with the Israelis. What Israeli Jewish mother wouldn't want a son that was a Rhodes Scholar?

Time will tell if my tea leaves were correct.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 05:33 pm
Ragman wrote:

As for him campaigning for her, that begs a question.
Since he couldnt stay loyal to her, and since he knows her better then anyone else, why should anyone want to vote for her?

He can be Ambassador to France, and he can also legally run for President of France.

http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=791875#791875
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 10:50 am
mysteryman wrote:
Ragman wrote:

Since he couldnt stay loyal to her, and since he knows her better then anyone else, why should anyone want to vote for her?

What exactly is the point of your misogynistic question?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 01:31 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Ragman wrote:

What exactly is the point of your misogynistic question?

If he couldnt stay loyal to her, how can he honestly expect others to?
0 Replies