Road Trip

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 06:15 pm
Man, what a fantastical weekend I had. I decided I needed to take a break, so I drove down to Lexington, Kentucky to visit some relatives.

I arrived in time to go with them to the Louisiana State vs. University of Kentucky football game. There were a lot of people from Louisiana in town for the game and one of them remarked that, "Lexington is a lot like New Orleans, only not as damp and with horses."

That is true. Lexington is a beautiful little town and the people there really know how to have a good time. And my relatives are no exception. In fact, I think they often lead the way!

We went over to UK where one of my cousins and her husband had a nice tailgaiting tent set up. Jalapeno hot dogs, hamburgers, homemade soup, lots of snacks and ice cold beers. I got to meet a lot of characters... ummm....their friends, and had a great time.

Then we trotted over to the stadium to see the game.

OMG! I hope some of you out there got to see that exciting game! (It was televised on CBS) After going into overtime, UK managed to give LSU a good pounding!!!

Man, how that stadium rocked!! We were all running down onto the field and dancing in celebration!! Then it was back to my cousins' tailgating tent for more celebrating and inhaling of beer!

The next morning, we went to brunch to celebrate the birthday of another relative. During much laughter and local gossip, my relatives told a story about some guy they know and how he'd done something which they considered rude and thoughtless. "He's very ummm.....well, no offense, Stray Cat, but he's very......Yankee!"

"He sounds perfectly normal to me," I said. "I don't see what you all are so upset about!" More laughter.....

Then it was off to Keeneland for the (horse) races. Let's just say, I won more than I lost, but I'm not quitting my day job any time soon.

Then it was back to my aunt's house where my cousins and I had drinks and much reminiscing and telling of stories.

Wow! What a great weekend. I really can't describe just how good it was. Spending time with family rocks!

And if you've never been to Lexington, all I can say is, you don't know what you're missing.......you yankees!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 997 • Replies: 4
No top replies

mac11

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 06:24 pm
For us Tiger fans, it wasn't such a fun game.

But it sounds like you had a blast, SC! My relatives aren't much for partying...
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 06:27 pm
Sounds like you had a great time!
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 06:39 pm
Oh, I did, Tai Chi! I loved it!

Mac11, the LSU fans were very gracious about it. One of my younger cousins was out celebrating with some friends, when some LSU fans bought them a round of beers and said, "Great game, y'all! And congratulations!!"

But as my little cousin observed, "You can't rag on them when they're nice like that!" Razz
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 06:45 am
Straycat--

I'm not a tailgating type, but you made me wish that I was.
0 Replies