Ladies only please: what am I missing out on?

TTH

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 02:17 pm
Today is my 25th wedding anniversary. My spouse has never given me anything on my Birthday, Christmas or our Anniversary. I want to know what guys usually give their wives for their 25th wedding anniversary. What am I missing out on?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,505 • Replies: 20
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 02:28 pm
Happy Anniversary!

You are not alone. Mr. P. has never been much of a gift giver either. The 25th is known as the "silver anniversary". Years ago, husbands gave their wives gifts of silver on that day. I really don't know if people even do that anymore.

Besides, do you REALLY want or need a sterling silver punch bowl???

http://www.chipublib.org/008subject/005genref/giswedding.html
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 02:31 pm
Thanks Phoenix32890 Very Happy

No, I don't want or expect anything. I was just wondering what other couples do on an Anniversary. Anything special like dinner or a movie. Things like that.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 02:33 pm
Re: Ladies only please: what am I missing out on?
TTH wrote:
Today is my 25th wedding anniversary. My spouse has never given me anything on my Birthday, Christmas or our Anniversary.

He must be a true romantic.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 02:35 pm
We usually go out to dinner. But then again we go out to dinner at least once a week anyway, and we usually end up at the same place where we always go. So it's no big deal.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 02:35 pm
The link is hilarious. GROCERIES for the 44th & a BOOK for the 47th Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 02:36 pm
My EX mother in law once bought me a garbage pail for Mother's Day. Shocked
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 02:39 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
My EX mother in law once bought me a garbage pail for Mother's Day. Shocked
Laughing Laughing Laughing
I bet my spouse doesn't even know it is our Anniversary. He hasn't said anything or called. It wouldn't surprise me if he forgot.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 03:00 pm
Re: Ladies only please: what am I missing out on?
DrewDad wrote:
He must be a true romantic.
Well, obviously not but, that is fine with me. It isn't like I need anything material and I rather just stay home and have a pizza. I was just curious what other people do.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 06:34 pm
We're a decade away from our 25th, but my parents went to Paris for theirs.

My husband and I are not big on the events = gifts thing, but we do nice little things for each other throughout the year. Our first date was a picnic, so at least once a year we hide from our family and business and do a day alone with a basket of food and the dogs.

I think the nicest thing he did was for my 39th birthday. He told me he was going to Home Depot, but he really went to an auction to buy a painting I had seen at the preview the day before. I loved the painting, but was afraid it would go for too much money and I didn't want to get caught up in bid fever. He has always refused to tell me what he paid for it, but I noticed afterwards that he held off buying a much needed piece of expensive business equipment for more months than I would have expected.

The worst gift was a donut maker (some salesperson got a hold of him) - it was soon donated to Goodwill.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 06:38 pm
Happy Anniversary, TTH!

Tell me, do you buy your husband presents for his birthday,
Christmas or past anniversaries?
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 10:53 pm
Thanks Calamity Jane,
I used to buy him gifts but, I stopped about 10 years ago.

Hey, he did call today and said oh, btw Happy Anniversary, I am busy gotta go, click. I thought geez, not even a goodbye. At least he remembered though Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 10:58 pm
Green Witch wrote:
My husband and I are not big on the events = gifts thing, but we do nice little things for each other throughout the year. Our first date was a picnic, so at least once a year we hide from our family and business and do a day alone with a basket of food and the dogs.
Now this sounds romantic.
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 11:26 pm
My husband, who is so much more romantic than I, suggested that we renew our wedding vows for our 25th anniversary ... so we did, at our favourite vacation spot, with only our two teenagers present, who, surprisingly, didn't think it was corny at all.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 11:46 pm
mckenzie
That sounds so nice. I wanted to do that and mentioned it one time but, he wasn't interested.
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 01:55 am
HAPPY, HAPPY anniversary!!!

As long as you are happy in your relationship, I don't think presents matter at all.

My husband usually gets me a little something, birthday, christmas, anniversary, mother's day, but also sometimes for no reason at all.
He is very good in picking out things that I REALLY like, so more than once he had me sitting in front of his presents with my mouth open.

However, if he ever came up with the suggestion to skip the whole present thing, I would agree without thinking twice.
If it is a certain day, that you have to get something for someone, it usually ends up being a lot of stress.
Especially christmas, when you are supposed to get 20 things for 20 people.
I would much rather relax on those days, and buy presents throughout the rest of the year, when things 'come' to me.
All in all I love surprising people with little gifts.
Their surprise and smiles make the sun come up for me...

Ooops, I just realise that I babble and babble, totally ignoring your question.

We are nowhere near our 25th anniversary, but so far I got lingerie, a picture that I admired some time earlier, flowers, a coat, a camera and usually we go for dinner.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 01:32 pm
Thanks Bohne
I was enjoying "your babble" btw Very Happy
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 06:50 am
My husband is like Bohne's. He gives me presents all year round. He likes to buy things for me and see me happy. And he knows exactly what I like. That's very nice - I have never known that before. In my family and later in my previous relationship, I was always the one picking out the nice presents.

Anyway, we had our tenth wedding anniversary this year and went to Leipzig for a couple of days. He had ten beautiful, long-stemmed red roses delivered to our hotel room on the day of the anniversary. Very sweet!

And happy anniversary to you, TTH!
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 11:53 am
urs53
That sounds nice (the roses) and thanks for the post Very Happy
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 01:50 pm
Are you otherwise is a thoughtful marriage, TTH or does this bother you? Some men just have a hard time buying presents.
0 Replies