x
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 11:56 am
smorgs wrote:
I'm not popular.

I am a man.

I like spurious.

(I also like Muckty - very much, but not in a homo-erotic way)

x

Lies ... all lies!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 11:56 am
smorgs wrote:
I like Walter too.

x

More lies!!!
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 11:57 am
Tico's probably my favourite.

x
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 12:16 pm
smorgs wrote:
Tico's probably my favourite.

x

Well, that's possibly true....... :wink:
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 12:25 pm
Tico, tico, tico - Harry Belafonte?

I mean, smorgs, you certainly never ever would favour that sharp looking Kansas lawyer-type who once used A2K as place for spitting out his obscure conservative ideas ... Shocked
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 12:32 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Tico, tico, tico - Harry Belafonte?

I mean, smorgs, you certainly never ever would favour that sharp looking Kansas lawyer-type who once used A2K as place for spitting out his obscure conservative ideas ... Shocked

Somebody's jealous ...
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 01:23 pm
smorgs wrote:
I'm not popular.

I am a man.

I like spurious.

(I also like Muckty - very much, but not in a homo-erotic way)

x

Damn. Come and feel my muscle, anyway.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 05:15 pm
kickycan wrote:
jespah wrote:
Here's the answer to the initial question:
http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?url=http%3A%2F%2Fable2know.org

Below are stats for Able2know.com (the switch to the .org was very recent so the .com stats are still of interest):
http://www.big-boards.com/board/649/

Ah, there it is. Thanks, Jes. Do you know if that ranking is versus other internet forums, or is it against all websites?

Alexa's stats -- which aren't the best, BTW (they can be manipulated) -- are vs. all kinds of sites whereas big boards is just for forums. And big boards also subdivides, so if you look at PHPBB boards and sort by # of posts, we're #29 (but this is not every single board out there). Sorted by # of members, we're #55.

Numbers vary (of course), but one of the reasons why we've gone down is because of the switchover to .org. There were outages so the site wasn't always available to be spidered during the last month, or to be visited, or for people to join. Plus Alexa and big-boards (and any other ranking services out there like them) has to "catch up" to the new links and stuff.

Another interesting stat: Google gives us a page rank (on the main pages) of 6. This is out of 10. A 6 is a very good ranking, it's far more than a little dinky private site and with the site run on a shoestring it is quite a feat. Of course the major players like eBay, MySpace, Amazon, CNN, etc. are ranked in the 8, 9 or 10 range.

Thanks for asking, kicky.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 05:25 pm
EmilyGreen wrote:
Chai wrote:
EmilyGreen wrote:
It sounds like the typical elitest attitude brought on by mostly younger people on the internet trying to kind-of "take charge" on forums. I'm glad it hasn't driven people away from A2K.

What is the "It" you're referring to?

"It" was in reference to the false personal info and the attitude of "everyone else is insane but me" type remarks.

still got no idea.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 06:33 pm
Jes, does that mean we get more hits than MySpace?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 03:32 am
Oh, we get far fewer overall. But we probably do better on our home page and the forums index page than most MySpacers do on their own pages. I'm not sure about that, frankly, but it stands to reason. Despite MySpace's overwhelming popularity, it's spead out over a lot of users and a lot of pages and some are very, very hot while a lot of others are only viewed by that person's close friends, whereas A2K is professionally SEO'd.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 04:07 am
Jespah, you are so competent.

x
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 04:15 am
McTag wrote:
solipsister wrote:
You are reasonably untroubled by poetry comprised of metre, foot and rhyme.

You say. Point out my mistake, then. I'm always willing to learn.

Still waiting......

I was quite pleased with my last effort, if I can say that without undue modesty.

Smile
0 Replies