How Popular is Able2Know.com ??

Setanta

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 11:28 am
That was really interesting, Francis. I read that entire, pathetic post. What was most pathetic was Aiden claiming that Spurious is one of the few sane people here. Spurious is not necessarily insane, just a gobshite--but Aiden suggesting that there are few sane people here says a lot about Aiden.

That's really pathetic, the mascarade, the claim about being a doctoral student in psychology (which i suspect is bullshit). Although it is possibly true, i don't for a moment believe that the erratic pattern of Aiden's posting, nor the quixotic and often hostile content of Aiden's posts would be useful in the pursuit he claims to be making.

Once again, what a pathetic character.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 11:30 am
I, just happen, to be very popular on a2k, I am not at all akin to setanta.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 11:35 am
You sure as hell ain't no kin to me, and if you was, i'd change my name, gender, citizenship and move to a different planet.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 11:48 am
Francis wrote:
Aidan - looks like you always had this problem with being popular.

Aidan wrote:
Aidan is a character. My name is Andy..........

It was then I realized, I would garner more attention as a woman than a man...

you've been talking to a guy. Just thought I'd let you know...

doctoral student

Hah, Francis found it! I remember this particular post of aidan very vividly, and she/he posted it in several threads in the trivia/riddle sections. Prior to that infamous post was a lot of erratic hostile postings coming from aidan. She/he disappeared after that for a while and resurfaced as "lovely aidan" again. The posts of aidan in this thread are hilarious, considering her past performance on a2k.
0 Replies

EmilyGreen

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 11:54 am
It sounds like the typical elitest attitude brought on by mostly younger people on the internet trying to kind-of "take charge" on forums. I'm glad it hasn't driven people away from A2K.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 12:27 pm
Re: How Popular is Able2Know.com ??
scs wrote:
I just realised that among so many topics being started, none is actually discussing about this website! So, i'm starting this topic to get people's response over how popular this website is, and if possible, some statistics to prove it. THANKS!
By looking at the stats, I would say the answer is not very popular.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 12:35 pm
EmilyGreen wrote:
It sounds like the typical elitest attitude brought on by mostly younger people on the internet trying to kind-of "take charge" on forums. I'm glad it hasn't driven people away from A2K.

What is the "It" you're referring to?
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 12:59 pm
Well, like I said, there's alot that's gone on under the surface.
Maybe several of the posters who have been so quick to jump on this incident would like to explain why they remember it so vividly.

I did apologize for being dishonest and trying to play the very same type of game I decried and for engaging in the very same type of behavior I found hurtful to me.

You all can believe this or you can choose not to. That's your choice.

The fact that a person can do something over two years ago, admit that it was wrong and a mistake, apologize for it and then try to be a contributing member and still have this brought up as their one burning legacy speaks to an attitude of judgement.

Maybe you all have never made even one tiny mistake. I certainly admit that I have- in fact more than one. This was a big one. I guess for some that will always be what I'm about. And that's fine.

Luckily some others see me differently. But even if they don't , I'm happy to have a place to post my attempts at creativity. And I'm happy that some people are able to forgive and forget.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 01:02 pm
Chai wrote:
So, is this true Aidan....you are a man?

Chai, no, I'm a woman.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 01:04 pm
aidan
I don't care what you did 2 years ago. You are still one of my favorite posters. I liked reading what you wrote. It didn't and still doesn't matter to me whether you are a guy or girl. I remember telling you I liked your "insights".
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 01:14 pm
aidan wrote:
I did apologize for being dishonest....

Can you provide a link where you did that?
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 01:16 pm
I like you too TTH-I really like the videos you post in What are you listening to right now and I like the tribute you did to your Dad.

I thought I could play the game like it was being played to me. Unfortunately, what was excused when others did it, wasn't excused when I did it.

But aint that just the way life is? What're you gonna do- Live and learn is what I always say

And I will say- this forum has been a BIG-ASS learning experience for me.

It's also made me some good friends and encouraged my creativity-
what more could I ask for?
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 01:22 pm
Francis- honestly- no...I think I did apologize to Spendius personally because I was directing it personally to him-I was trying to hurt and embarrass him as I had felt hurt and embarrassed by him.

If I didn't apologize to the forum at large- I do so now.

You know, this whole forum thing was so new to me- as I explained to Spendius at the time- that when I posted, I felt like I was posting in a vacuum. I felt like I was having a one on one conversation- or a kind of group discussion with whatever posters were present and participating. It took me a while to get the concept of the fact that all sorts of people were looking on and listening in, and were even interested in or aware if they didn't make their presence known.

For instance, I really had no idea that you were even aware of me as a poster- much less that you kept track of what I did or said.

Like I said, I was wrong. And I am always sorry when I'm dishonest and/or trying to hurt someone- as I was here.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 01:26 pm
Francis wrote:
aidan wrote:
I did apologize for being dishonest....

Can you provide a link where you did that?
Francis why don't you & setanta go play somewhere Idea

aidan
I hope you stay and thanks for saying you liked my tribute to my dad. It helped me with the grief I felt.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 01:28 pm
I think you apologised enough Young Lady!

Christ some people appear to want to take a great deal of enjoyment in kicking folks when they are down!

Anybody taking enjoyment in rubbing your nose or any other defenceless persons in the dirt and tweaking nipples is a jerk.

So mote it be.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 01:29 pm
aidan wrote:
And then there's me, scs.
I'm very UNPOPULAR on this forum, and after two and a half years, I still don't know why.

Perhaps now you know why, aiden. Personally, I don't care why you chose
to take on different personalities online. I've had quite a lot of interaction
with you on the question game, before you sprung the "male psychology
student" on us; I thought you were nice. What I didn't appreciate was this
game playing, and I decided then to ignore you, just as others have done who knew about your numerous outbursts and role playing.

It is your prerogative to be whoever you want to be, just don't go around
and play Miss Innocent and cry why people find you unpopular.

That is: Your one of TTH's favorite posters and not unpopular at all.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 01:32 pm
Mathos wrote:
I think you apologised enough Young Lady!

Christ some people appear to want to take a great deal of enjoyment in kicking folks when they are down!

Anybody taking enjoyment in rubbing your nose or any other defenceless persons in the dirt and tweaking nipples is a jerk.

So mote it be.

Who is down, Mathos?
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 01:33 pm
CalamityJane
I think it is called jealousy. The same goes to chai and sozobe Very Happy
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 01:35 pm
TTH wrote:
CalamityJane
I think it is called jealousy. The same goes to chai and sozobe Very Happy

Care to explain yourself?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 01:35 pm
aidan wrote:
Well, like I said, there's alot that's gone on under the surface.
Maybe several of the posters who have been so quick to jump on this incident would like to explain why they remember it so vividly.

I did apologize for being dishonest and trying to play the very same type of game I decried and for engaging in the very same type of behavior I found hurtful to me.

You all can believe this or you can choose not to. That's your choice.

The fact that a person can do something over two years ago, admit that it was wrong and a mistake, apologize for it and then try to be a contributing member and still have this brought up as their one burning legacy speaks to an attitude of judgement.

Maybe you all have never made even one tiny mistake. I certainly admit that I have- in fact more than one. This was a big one. I guess for some that will always be what I'm about. And that's fine.

Luckily some others see me differently. But even if they don't , I'm happy to have a place to post my attempts at creativity. And I'm happy that some people are able to forgive and forget.

Well, I never saw this post before today, but I wouldn't wonder why people who did see it remember it so vividly. It is certainly something that would stay in my memory, not something I'd forget.

As far as asking people to explain why they remember it, well, who is anyone to ask someone else to explain themselves? In fact, it seems you have more of an onus to explain yourself, but I wouldn't ask you to, because it's not that interesting.

Your words are very defensive. You minimize your lie by calling it a tiny mistake, and then jump on the "Maybe no one here has ever made a tiny mistake"....trying to take the focus off of youself, and engage others in an attempt to admit their foibles....keep it on you, be accountable and don't try to slide it onto someone else plate.

Also, a pet peeve of mine, is immediately jumping on the "you're judgemental" wagon. Again, whenever someone starts in with that, I know they're just trying to take the spotlight off themselves.

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, or mildly popular here, but I can say that if someone wants to judge me, go right ahead. It's not like me calling someone judgemental is going to change what they think.

One thing, I notice you like to go on about how much people in the real world like you, and how nice you are.....So what? What's your point?

This isn't meant as an invitation to argue/discuss....just my viewpoint.

Respond or not, your perogative. But further input will be coming from someone else, if they choose to respond.
0 Replies