Just listen Before you judge..I need help..

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 03:06 pm
Question
Im a 31 year old single mom. I have been pretty jaded and emotionally unattached for years since my sons dad left when I was pregnant. Ive dated,hoped and prayed that someone wld just come along and everything wld all make perfect sense and there would not be any doubts,struggles or games -but never had that spark with anyone.Never had signs and really did start believing that I was going to be alone forever bc there just wasnt any connection I was getting out of any relationships i was in. Well, About 6 months ago my first ever love(when we were 15 and 16) pops back in to my life(ive talked to him over the years off and on just basically letting eachother knw we're still alive and nothing more). But this time It was instantaneous to say the least,we have an amazing connection,amazing..magical etc. can talk for hours on end about everything and anything and nothing at all.There was fire,magic and an abundance of light pretty extraordinary..finish eachothers sentences say the same things at the same time..very real and very unexplainable problem is he is married. He said it was an unhappy marriage,marriage of convenance,no kids and they are stuck in a ho hum marriage with little spark,he loved her but wasn't in love with her. we fought our connection but lost. Rather quickly started talking about marriage,kids him adopting my son the whole sha bang.. Me, being a realist who is pretty level headed and strong continued on this way..prob looking like a fool but I mean who fights fate right? And thats how it feels just like it was meant to be. turns out he wasn't really sure about leaving her(find this out the day she finds out about me), definitely felt those feelings for me and wants those things with me but at the same time she is willing to forgive him for cheating and try and he feels he owes it to her to try..owes it to her but cant let me go says im always in his thoughts,still loves me and wants to talk to me kind of like nothings changed except we stopped talking about marriage and kids etc. As for me Im torn Hes told me not to wait for him but doesnt want to hear about me seeing anyone else he still wants to see me and we talk daily..I know what my head says which is why I say just about every day Im done talking to him for awhile ,head says Im his side dish where he gets his love and attention from the person who makes him happy but just not happy enough to leave the security of being married to her for awhile and their life together. But my Heart ...my heart says to fight that hes just torn and doesnt want to hurt her he wants her to leave him so he doesnt have to carry that around but that he LOVES ME and wants ME just isnt strong enough to leave and doesnt believe in the signs She is there ..Im in another city..my heart says that that in itself makes it easier to stay there with her. I have not seen him again since his wife found out about me but like i said still talk to him daily,still have that connection,still want him and love him and am afraid to deny that connection. He asked if I was giving him an ultimatum all or nothing and really i didn't want to do that but honestly please people be honest what am i suppose to do. I know once im gone Im gone(ive said to him i wouldn't be but i know once im able to suffocate this love here that i feel there wont be any going back) so ive been holding on trying to find some common ground..Do I say all or nothing bc it wld seem that he is perfectly content continuing our emotional and sometimes physical affair as is until she leaves or whatever but would also seem that he is just so torn and confused he doesnt know which bridge to burn and thats why we havent been able to part really.Ive been through all my stages,anger,pain(bc this was some serious stuff we talked about and i didnt even question it bc of who it was and the connection)confusion,anger, numbness but I love him so much I just havent been able to let him go nor has he let me So i Dont know what to do.. I need help..Think what you want about me being the "other woman" I hate that myself..HATE that and dont want to be But I do know if I really let go now I have lost the love of my life as corny as that sounds its very very true and Ill never feel that again..Ill move on to another relationship and Ill settle just like hes doing at this moment..pure happiness gone..but im not gonna like him anymore either bc he didnt fight for me..What do I do.????
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,072 • Replies: 16
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 03:09 pm
This is very hard to read. Could you change it into several paragraphs?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 03:17 pm
Re: Just listen Before you judge..I need help..
BRANDLES76 wrote:
Question
Im a 31 year old single mom. I have been pretty jaded and emotionally unattached for years since my sons dad left when I was pregnant. Ive dated,hoped and prayed that someone wld just come along and everything wld all make perfect sense and there would not be any doubts,struggles or games -but never had that spark with anyone.Never had signs and really did start believing that I was going to be alone forever bc there just wasnt any connection I was getting out of any relationships i was in.

Well, About 6 months ago my first ever love(when we were 15 and 16) pops back in to my life(ive talked to him over the years off and on just basically letting eachother knw we're still alive and nothing more). But this time It was instantaneous to say the least,we have an amazing connection,amazing..magical etc. can talk for hours on end about everything and anything and nothing at all.There was fire,magic and an abundance of light pretty extraordinary..finish eachothers sentences say the same things at the same time..very real and very unexplainable problem is he is married.

He said it was an unhappy marriage,marriage of convenance,no kids and they are stuck in a ho hum marriage with little spark,he loved her but wasn't in love with her. we fought our connection but lost. Rather quickly started talking about marriage,kids him adopting my son the whole sha bang..

Me, being a realist who is pretty level headed and strong continued on this way..prob looking like a fool but I mean who fights fate right? And thats how it feels just like it was meant to be. turns out he wasn't really sure about leaving her(find this out the day she finds out about me), definitely felt those feelings for me and wants those things with me but at the same time she is willing to forgive him for cheating and try and he feels he owes it to her to try..owes it to her but cant let me go says im always in his thoughts,still loves me and wants to talk to me kind of like nothings changed except we stopped talking about marriage and kids etc.

As for me Im torn Hes told me not to wait for him but doesnt want to hear about me seeing anyone else he still wants to see me and we talk daily..I know what my head says which is why I say just about every day Im done talking to him for awhile ,head says Im his side dish where he gets his love and attention from the person who makes him happy but just not happy enough to leave the security of being married to her for awhile and their life together. But my Heart ...my heart says to fight that hes just torn and doesnt want to hurt her he wants her to leave him so he doesnt have to carry that around but that he LOVES ME and wants ME just isnt strong enough to leave and doesnt believe in the signs She is there ..Im in another city..my heart says that that in itself makes it easier to stay there with her.

I have not seen him again since his wife found out about me but like i said still talk to him daily,still have that connection,still want him and love him and am afraid to deny that connection. He asked if I was giving him an ultimatum all or nothing and really i didn't want to do that but honestly please people be honest what am i suppose to do. I know once im gone Im gone(ive said to him i wouldn't be but i know once im able to suffocate this love here that i feel there wont be any going back) so ive been holding on trying to find some common ground..

Do I say all or nothing bc it wld seem that he is perfectly content continuing our emotional and sometimes physical affair as is until she leaves or whatever but would also seem that he is just so torn and confused he doesnt know which bridge to burn and thats why we havent been able to part really.Ive been through all my stages,anger,pain(bc this was some serious stuff we talked about and i didnt even question it bc of who it was and the connection)confusion,anger, numbness but I love him so much I just havent been able to let him go nor has he let me So i Dont know what to do..

I need help..Think what you want about me being the "other woman" I hate that myself..HATE that and dont want to be But I do know if I really let go now I have lost the love of my life as corny as that sounds its very very true and Ill never feel that again..Ill move on to another relationship and Ill settle just like hes doing at this moment..pure happiness gone..but im not gonna like him anymore either bc he didnt fight for me..What do I do.????
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 03:23 pm
Thanks, JPB...
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 08:04 am
Brandles--

Welcome to A2K.

One of the unfortunate facts of life on Planet Earth is that liars are easy to love. Liars pretend that women in their lives are the sun and the moon and the stars.

Nonetheless in a Liar's World, the Liar is the sun and every other being in the world exists for his comfort.

You don't want this guy. You want the man he was pretending to be--and that man doesn't exist and never existed. You've invested a great deal of emotional capital in this Phantom Lover and now that your trust has been shattered you're wondering whether to toss more love in his direction hoping that he'll leave his wife and live with you happily ever after.

[/QUOTE]but im not gonna like him anymore either bc he didnt fight for me..What do I do.????
Quote:

Your instincts here are absolutely on target. He set this romantic triangle up and now he's beating your eardrums with his emotional suffering.

He's making you miserable. He's making his wife miserable. He's hinting that the woman who best understands his misery will be his choice--and he created the whole mess with his lies.

Liars make lousy lovers and even worse husbands.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 08:23 am
jesus men are pigs aren't we?
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 10:29 am
My suggestion would be to end your contact with him. This is apparently tearing you apart. I say that he should be man enough to leave you alone until he has made his decision about his marriage.
Right now he has decided to work on his marriage. If that is what he wants then you should give him the proper space to do so. If his marriage doesn't work out and ends and he figures out what he really wants in life then he should be back in contact with you.
If you are in a different city then how do you see each other and how often?
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 10:36 am
I think in situations like this a person is perfectly placed to make some life altering and core decisions about how they are going to live their life, and whether or not they are
worth the effort of doing the right thing for themselves.

With this man, you got a taste of all those yearnings for adult love and attention that may have been quietly covered for quite a while.

You can use what you've learned here about yourself to fight and live true to yourself, or you can hand your self over to the power of another.

To hand yourself over to him any further would have horrid results.

Don't wait any longer waiting for someone else to fight for you - fight for yourself and what you truly want.

I think men/women like this only get away with it and somehow playing the role of Sun of Happiness to another because the one "worshiping" him/her don't realize they have it within themselves.

No man can be the answer for you. I truly believe it is all about dusting yourself off, standing straight, and claiming what you want.

In your heart of hearts, is it really true that you understand love and happiness , "the love of your life" as being a liar, cheater, and unavailable?

You may find this loss isn't any real loss at all, that you can choose for it to be a victory.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 10:39 am
Quote:
turns out he wasn't really sure about leaving her(find this out the day she finds out about me),

Of course he does not want to leave her. He never did. He wanted things just the way that they were BEFORE she found out about you. Very often, men (and women) who cheat in ho-hum marriages, discover that the affairs serve as the relief that keeps the marriage together.

As Ann Landers used to say, "Wake up and smell the coffee"!

BTW, welcome to A2K! Very Happy
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 11:46 am
Quote:
jesus men are pigs aren't we?

All men are mortal.
Socrates is a man.
Socrates is mortal.

This does not prove that all men are pigs and liars--or that women are immune to attacks of passionate folly.
0 Replies

curtis73

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 06:51 pm
Its a tough one. I'm a bit progressive in my relationship views, so you can take my advice or leave it, I won't be offended.

I'm certainly not going to imply that this is your fault, but you did say it yourself... you're jaded. Its perfectly normal; you've been unbalanced by a guy who left you when you were pregnant. So, you are confronted with the seemingly unfathomable task of finding love. Its not that bad Smile First of all, don't think for a second that you are any less desirable because you have a child. Trust me, if there are guys out there who won't date you because of a child, they aren't worth your time anyway. With all due respect, it is a person's choice... if they don't like kids they are free to think that way, but they aren't the kind of guys that you want anyway. Its no different than if you are a certain body type or ethnicity. Guys gravitate toward what they want and having a child is an attribute no different than being Asian or short. I personally really don't dig children, but I've dated many women with children, because my relationship is with HER, not necessarily the kid. If a woman wants to introduce me to her kid, that's great. Its no different than any other woman introducing me to her best friend. But as soon as the talk surfaces about providing for, caring for, or "can you support..." I'm gone. At that point, I realize that she is not looking for a loving relationship with me, she is interviewing for a new Daddy. Sometimes you get guys who WANT the job of Daddy and that's great, but you can't ask for it. If he freely gives it, fine, but you and your child are your own humans. He is not required to love your child any more than he is required to like your best friend.

You've probably heard this a million times, but you first of all have to own it. Love your situation. Love yourself. If you are looking for someone to complete you like Jerry McGuire, you'll fail EVERY time. There is a fine line between loving someone and needing them to be yourself. You don't need a partner. Your child (despite what everyone from the 50's says) does not need another parent figure. Even moreso, your child would be worse off with a poor parent figure than none at all. If you need a man to help pay the bills, help raise the child, or complete your heart, its just not going to work. Your sponsoring thought is very important. If you want love (who doesn't) then go about it as a search for love, never as an expectation for a supplemental parent.

Lastly, (and this is true for ANY relationship, but particularly important for you) don't expect ANYTHING. Too many people enter a relationship like getting on a highway. The on ramp is dating, the highway is a committed relationship, and the destination is marriage. Some relationships move fast in the passing lane, others move slowly in the right lane. I've had so many relationships fail because one of us (not me Smile) kept expecting to move to the next level. If you meet a new friend, you don't expect them to end up as your best friend in a certain amount of time, you're just friends. You have close friends that you met last week, and occasional friends that you've known since childhood. As soon as we mix sex into it, suddenly its a freeway with a destination and that is a killer. Don't try to make it into anything. Its OK if you drive slowly, or stop for 3 months at the rest area because you like the surroundings where you are. Heck, its fine to get out of the car and leave the guy if you and he don't agree on how fast to go. Just be pragmatic about it by being honest with each other and yourselves. If you want to get married two days later, go for it. If you'd rather be best friends with benefits for the next 35 years, that's just fine. I've had relationships where I was naked with a girl 2 hours after I met her, and I've also been in relationships for 6 months where we never had sex. We both really enjoyed the depth of our relationship where it was and never got to the point of actual intercourse.

At any rate, this old friend of yours may be a wonderful viable friend, maybe even more, but you're talking trouble. There is every possibility that you could have a very valid and wonderful relationship with him, but the odds are stacked against you. He's married and looking to supplement his intimacy. You are a jaded romantic. That has the potential to ruin a lot of stuff. Do it right, be honest, and don't be the enabler of his violating his contract with his wife.
0 Replies

Rone G

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 09:46 am
How can you expect something good to come out of a relationship when your role is the "other girl" or "homewrecker"? When you put negativity out there it's always going to come back to you. So if you succeed in breaking up their marriage, why do you think that things will be peaceful if(big if) he leaves her for you? I understand there were past feelings there and all that but he's a married man and you really shouldn't have gotten involved. You're just as wrong as he is.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 09:53 am
Mr. Right is rarely still attached to Mrs. Wrong when you meet him.
As long as you allow this, he has two women to stroke his ego. He will never be about "just you".
0 Replies

Rone G

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 10:00 am
How can you expect something good to come out of a relationship when your role is the "other girl" or "homewrecker"? When you put negativity out there it's always going to come back to you. So if you succeed in breaking up their marriage, why do you think that things will be peaceful if(big if) he leaves her for you? I understand there were past feelings there and all that but he's a married man and you really shouldn't have gotten involved. You're just as wrong as he is.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 10:47 am
Rone posted:

Quote:

This post ignores the fact that Brandles was very emotionally vulnerable and became involved with this married man because he lied about his marital status.
0 Replies

Rone G

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 12:11 pm
/\

"Well, About 6 months ago my first ever love(when we were 15 and 16) pops back in to my life(ive talked to him over the years off and on just basically letting eachother knw we're still alive and nothing more). But this time It was instantaneous to say the least,we have an amazing connection,amazing..magical etc. can talk for hours on end about everything and anything and nothing at all.There was fire,magic and an abundance of light pretty extraordinary..finish eachothers sentences say the same things at the same time..very real and very unexplainable problem is he is married.

He said it was an unhappy marriage,marriage of convenance,no kids and they are stuck in a ho hum marriage with little spark,he loved her but wasn't in love with her. we fought our connection but lost. Rather quickly started talking about marriage,kids him adopting my son the whole sha bang.. "

Where does it say he lied about being married? She said that she knew he was married, they fought the feeling but lost, and continued sneaking around anyway. And even IF he did lie, once she knew about his marriage she should have ended it. Im not discounting emotional vulnerability either, I'm just saying that it doesn't excuse her seeing a married man. Wrong is wrong.
0 Replies

BRANDLES76

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2007 09:56 am
"Of course he does not want to leave her. He never did. He wanted things just the way that they were BEFORE she found out about you. Very often, men (and women) who cheat in ho-hum marriages, discover that the affairs serve as the relief that keeps the marriage together. "

As Ann Landers used to say, "Wake up and smell the coffee"!

[/B]Im starting to see this, I feel like I have actually helped their marriage while my life has been falling apart and its infuriating to say the least. I dont want to break up their marriage I will not be able to live with myself if that were the case. I want him to make the decision on his own to stay or go not backed in to a corner so to speak. I would constantly look over my shoulder if she actually left and he came to me that way.Selfish I guess but I know I deserve all of the love. She hates me,not him Me. hes disrespecting both of us by still being involved with me and still being there with her.
I have asked to which nothing has come out of it for him to take some time apart from both of us to really help him decide bc I think for both of our sakes that is what is needed,that way after that if he decides its her they can live in peace and I can go on my way and well if its me we can begin our lives together and hope for the best. He has not taken that step hes still with her,she thinks they are solid and Im the enemy(understandable) she does not know that he cant let me go.

I may be a big joke,it may be that he truley is just scared of the unknown,it could be that he is a player and wants all that he can get or it may be that he really is in love with me just doesnt want to hurt her. There is no clear and difinitive answer.

I can tell you in response to anothers post,Im not looking for a father for my son this is not what its about.I am a good mom,dad and everything to my son and have done it for his whole life(8 years) with no help and Im perfectly content on doing so for the next 10 years.Its about me,who makes me happy,giddy and the connection.I wouldnt say I was vulnerable Id say I was jaded prior to this and grossly independent which is why its hard for me to let this go bc this is something that just happened and was unexplainably REAL .

I appreciate everyones input and thanks for the welcome.. Very Happy
0 Replies