My Favorite "Anti-Semite"

Advocate

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 04:23 pm
Zip, you must get your stuff from Hamas.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 04:27 pm
You aren't an effective advocate for Israel, Advocate.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 08:06 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
The irony here is the people Foofie refers to as the "Israel can do no wrong" club, and Zippo are on the same side.

They are both slandering good men (like Carter and Tutu) by deliberately confusing thoughtful criticism of Israels policy, with the hateful bigotry coming from the "Jews are evil conspirators" club.

Please don't misuse the word "slander." An individual has to be identified to be "slandered." You may say that what I said "may equate" to slandering, but I didn't slander per se.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 08:38 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Foofie, I hate to point it out, but the US couldn't have been in WW2 b/c of Israel, as Israel didn't exist at that time. So I doubt many people will be advancing that argument here.

I'm non-religious; I don't have anything for or against anyone from any religion. That being said, from a purely logical standpoint, there have not been any good explanations forwarded as to why the US gives more aid to one tiny country in the world then the rest of them combined.

Logically, I know of no objective reasons for our support of Israel other then the powerful Jewish lobby here in America. It is folly and false to claim that this lobby doesn't exist, or that it doesn't have anything to do with our support of this country.

Cycloptichorn

The "powerful Jewish Lobby" has some more powerful friends in the Evangelical movement that represent 60 million Christians. That vote, I believe, is what gets aid to Israel passed, not the paltry five million Jews in the U.S.

This widespread belief that Jews can bend the minds of thinking people is like the modern day equivalent of the Middle Ages belief that Jews had the magic to "make money" (illiterate peasants didn't understand the concept of trade).

There are also secular reasons for bolstering Israel with aid. One reason might just be that the U.S., in its desire for hegemony, is willing to give the aid, so it gets to make the aid the proverbial carrot. Don't forget aid is given to Egypt also, as part of that Peace Accord a few decades ago.

I also believe the U.S. wants Israel to be our "close" ally, rather than a "close" ally to some other nation(s). Israel with its technologically innovative population is valuable to the U.S. I wonder if the aid reflects that the U.S. might just feel that Israel's passions could be fickle. Why else do we constantly hear how we are such great allies? (The lady doth protesteth too much?) Could some of this be fear of rejection?

We are a strong nation, but Israel has a population that is more educated percentage wise than us. We might be recognizing that a nation that is virtually in a constant state of war can have technological advances that we would like to be shared with us. The sad truth might be that the U.S. might just think that those Jews really are smarter in some technologically creative ways. A positive stereotype, in effect, rather than a negative stereotype.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 08:53 pm
Re: that's so un-israeli...
Zippo wrote:
Ahhh, playing the old *Holocaust* and *Nazi* cards... You instantly lose credibility.

You took the words out of context.

But, getting back to your not wanting to fight in a war for Israel - would you be willing to fight in some other war that the U.S. would get embroiled in? Or, do you just not like the military life?

I am curious if you would be willing to get into a war where the U.S. was fighting on the side of: Pakistan? Saudi Arabia? Palestinians? Syria? Jordan? Argentina? France? Greenland?

Whose war drums would you be willing to march to?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2007 12:35 pm
Foofie wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:
The irony here is the people Foofie refers to as the "Israel can do no wrong" club, and Zippo are on the same side.

They are both slandering good men (like Carter and Tutu) by deliberately confusing thoughtful criticism of Israels policy, with the hateful bigotry coming from the "Jews are evil conspirators" club.

Please don't misuse the word "slander." An individual has to be identified to be "slandered." You may say that what I said "may equate" to slandering, but I didn't slander per se.

Accusing Desmond Tutu of anti-Semitism. Comparing the principles of Desmond Tutu to Zippo's bigoted crap.

Either of these is slander (and I never said you slandered anyone Foofie).
0 Replies