Poll: 95% of Americans mistrust Bush

Zippo

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 10:03 am
Tue, 02 Oct 2007 19:26:24

http://www.presstv.ir/photo/20071002/taabbodi20071002190427031.JPG

A new poll indicates that a vast majority of the Americans are doubtful about the US administration's ability to solve Iraq's crisis.

According to New York Times/CBS News poll, 95 percent of US citizens mistrust the way the Bush administration handles the Iraq war.

Only 5 percent of the respondent said they could still trust Bush's policy on the controversial war in Iraq.

The poll also reflects that 71 percent of the Americans believe officials must be flexible to reach a compromise on the withdrawal of troops from Iraq.

The poll shows approximately two third of the Americans believe that the US must reduce the number of its troops in Iraq or completely withdraw them from the country.

Sixty-four percent said they support a plan by the Democrats to set a timetable for the troops' pullout by 2008.

press tv

-------------------------------------------------------

Bush's message to the American people

http://www.desertratdemocrat.com/archives/bush_flips_the_bird2.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,279 • Replies: 21
No top replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 03:34 pm
Fine and good.
Who are those 95 percent who mistrust only BUSH and co ?
Will they dare to question the candidates( of all parties) about their views on world opinion?
What should be the main issue to represent USA?
Forget about million subjects/problems that come to mind..
Is it below their dignities to ask those candidates about the image of USA after TORTURE barbarism?

Chris Floyd- an American journalists has this about Torture.

"There is really no point in Congress passing laws restricting the Regime's use of torture (assuming that these slavish sad sacks were actually interested in doing so); nor is there any point in the courts ruling against it (assuming that the Bushist apparatchiks, arrogant partisans and lying dimbulbs on the Supreme Court would uphold any lower court rulings outlawing the Regime's filthy practices). It is obvious beyond all dispute by now that the Bush Regime will simply ignore any and all attempts to put fetters on its atrocities. They will not stop torturing people. They will not stop kidnapping people and holding them without charges. They will not stop launching mass-murdering wars of aggression. They will not stop perverting the electoral system to keep their extremist fringe views ensconced in power.

The only possible way to stop these criminal depradations is to remove Bush and Cheney from office. Nothing else will do it. And any national political figure or presidential candidate who does not have this removal at the top of their agenda, who is not beating this drum day after day and using all their power and influence and position to help bring it about is, as we have noted here before, nothing but an accomplice to torture and murder.

It's that simple.
http://chris-floyd.com/
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 05:35 pm
Obviously trusting Mr Bush is common. 95% borders on the super common.

One could end up having the same political nonce as a fish gutter or a **** shifter in a backward state. Or a shoe-shine veteran. Or a bloody traffic warden. Some hobos must be in a marketing segment as large as that.

Can you imagine that you sopisticates.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 09:22 pm
Ninety-five percent of people thought the world was flat.

More posts Zippo. Faster, faster!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 09:26 pm
95%? I find that grossly exaggerated. Surely there isn't 95% sane people in any given country.
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2007 12:56 pm
Re: Poll: 95% of Americans mistrust Bush
Zippo wrote:
[

No wonder he's unpopular!

But seriously, this was all in all a well balanced post. Yea right.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2007 01:59 pm
Foofie wrote:

FoxNews wrote:
more than nine in 10 Americans (91 percent) believe in God

Source

Does this cohere with your "logic" Foofie?
...that a large number of people believe in something, it must be wrong?

Perhaps rather than a cute, useless, witless retort, you could counter with some evidence that Bush's support is in excess of 5%. Surely this would be a more responsible reply.
I mean, if the statistic cited is so off base, it should be quite simple to disprove it with counter evidence.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2007 02:16 pm
sounds reasonable, i'm pretty sure bush mistrusts 95% or more of americans
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2007 06:07 pm
I'm all for whatever 95% of Americans are against. I have a residual faith in the other 5%.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2007 06:22 pm
candidone1 wrote:
Foofie wrote:

FoxNews wrote:
more than nine in 10 Americans (91 percent) believe in God

Source

Does this cohere with your "logic" Foofie?
...that a large number of people believe in something, it must be wrong?

Perhaps rather than a cute, useless, witless retort, you could counter with some evidence that Bush's support is in excess of 5%. Surely this would be a more responsible reply.
I mean, if the statistic cited is so off base, it should be quite simple to disprove it with counter evidence.

I didn't mean to infer that 95% of people that believe in something means that something must be wrong. What I mean is that just because 95% of people believe in something doesn't mean it has to be correct.

As an agnostic, I believe I'm in the minority; however, I do believe there is no God as religions portray him/her. So, I don't accept the minority belief in a God as portrayed in monotheistic religions.

Anyway, the IQ bellcurve is more to my liking in this instance, since the five percent that have the highest IQ is not part of the bellcurve that reflects the vast majority opinion on many subjects. The bulk of the bellcurve, I believe, subscribes to popular notions, so if they "hear" that others do not trust the President, like sheep, that will be the opinion of many people also.

Do we know if the 5% that trusts the President are not the citizens with the highest IQ? Or, perhaps, the least alienated from the neoconservative world view? Or, perhaps, just the most aware of what dangers lie in the 21st century, if the U.S. doesn't do its proverbial homework today?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 02:52 am
Zippo wrote:
[

Wow, look at the size of that finger! He must be really great at digital manipulation.... Idea
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 07:31 am
Zippo wrote:
Tue, 02 Oct 2007 19:26:24

http://www.presstv.ir/photo/20071002/taabbodi20071002190427031.JPG

A new poll indicates that a vast majority of the Americans are doubtful about the US administration's ability to solve Iraq's crisis.

According to New York Times/CBS News poll, 95 percent of US citizens mistrust the way the Bush administration handles the Iraq war.

Only 5 percent of the respondent said they could still trust Bush's policy on the controversial war in Iraq.

The poll also reflects that 71 percent of the Americans believe officials must be flexible to reach a compromise on the withdrawal of troops from Iraq.

The poll shows approximately two third of the Americans believe that the US must reduce the number of its troops in Iraq or completely withdraw them from the country.

Sixty-four percent said they support a plan by the Democrats to set a timetable for the troops' pullout by 2008.

press tv

-------------------------------------------------------

And of course you can provide a link to that poll so we can read it for ourselves?

I find it interesting that Zippo posts a supposed poll result,with no proof or evidsence that such a poll existed anywhere but his own mind, and so many of you just accept what he says.

Where is a link to the poll?
What questions were asked?
How were the questions worded?
How many people were polled?
When was this supposed poll done?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 07:43 am
100% of polar bears mistrust bush...
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 08:38 am
Butrflynet wrote:
Zippo wrote:
[

Wow, look at the size of that finger! He must be really great at digital manipulation.... Idea

No, that's actually a real picture. It's just a long time ago...

Video
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 08:47 am
mysteryman, why couldn't you search google?

Here is the actual source: New York Times/CBS News poll

Quote:
Only 5 percent of Americans -- a strikingly low number for a sitting president's handling of such a dominant issue - said they most trusted the Bush administration to resolve the war, the poll found.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/09/10/washington/0910-pg1-webPOLL.gif

Butrflynet wrote:
Wow, look at the size of that finger! He must be really great at digital manipulation..

Bltrflynet, the size of his finger is an indication of him working with gay republicans. Laughing (bush technique to get them working overtime)
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 08:56 am
Zippo wrote:
mysteryman, why couldn't you search google?

Here is the actual source: New York Times/CBS News poll

Quote:
Only 5 percent of Americans -- a strikingly low number for a sitting president's handling of such a dominant issue - said they most trusted the Bush administration to resolve the war, the poll found.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/09/10/washington/0910-pg1-webPOLL.gif

Butrflynet wrote:
Wow, look at the size of that finger! He must be really great at digital manipulation..

Bltrflynet, the size of his finger is an indication of him working with gay republicans. Laughing (bush technique to get them working overtime)

Whats interesting in the question is that so many people trust the military commanders.
Especially since those commanders are appointed by the Bush administration.

I guess some people dont understand how the military works.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 09:17 am
mysteryman wrote:

Whats interesting in the question is that so many people trust the military commanders.

Interesting point. This is further proof that Americans have a 'herd mentality'. (sheeple)

Not only are military commanders appointed by Bush, they also do exactly as they're told, or else, they'd end up like Rumsfied and Powell et-al, as the trash of history.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 09:55 am
Zippo wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

Interesting point. This is further proof that Americans have a 'herd mentality'. (sheeple)

Not only are military commanders appointed by Bush, they also do exactly as they're told, or else, they'd end up like Rumsfied and Powell et-al, as the trash of history.

Thats true,so according to the poll 73% of the people approve of how this admin is conducting the war.
Thats alot different then what you originally posted.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 10:06 am
mysteryman wrote:
Zippo wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

Thats true,so according to the poll 73% of the people approve of how this admin is conducting the war.
Thats alot different then what you originally posted.

Yes, they approve, not knowing that Bush controls his commanders fully, not knowing that his commanders will lie for Bush (as General Petraeus did). The American people have been deceived, lied to and kept ignorant by this administration.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 10:36 am
edit that to have allowed themselves to be kept ignorant by the bush administration combined with a large dose of purposeful apathy and you have the shame of what America has become under the bush disaster.

You get what you deserve.
0 Replies