Will Obama Give Hillary the VP Nod?

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 02:57 pm
Jim wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Jim wrote:
Besides personality, what are the differences between Senators Clinton and Obama?

Are there any differences in their promises and platforms?
IMO, the platforms are essentially similar.

I guess I'm missing something here. If there is no discernable difference between their positions, then what is the argument about? Let's say you went to the supermarket to buy a gallon of bleach. You found two different brands, with different fancy labels, but what is inside each bottle is exactly the same. Why would anyone get in an unpleasant argument with another shopper about which bottle to put in your cart? They're the same thing!
If you mean between Snood and I; I honestly still have no idea. We both very much prefer Obama to Hillary, for many of the same reasons. I can ill imagine why anyone would give a sh!t how or when someone else made up their mind; let alone get angry about it. I'm only angry about being personally attacked repeatedly.

If your question has nothing to do with that, like I initially thought: I would answer that most people would choose Clorox bleach over the "brand X" if they are the same price... because of a higher degree of confidence that they'd be receiving what the bottle was labeled. Hillary's brand X has shifted its ingredients considerably in recent years, while Obama's Clorox has been comparatively consistent.

Take Iraq for instance: Hillary supported the effort strongly, and made her support very clear (while it was politically expedient to do so). She stuck to her guns on that score, long after most Democrats (like Edwards for instance) had done an about-face and admitted to making a "terrible mistake." She never even admitted making a mistake; but nonetheless woke up one day, absolved of all responsibility for backing the war (it's the hated Republican's fault), and now boldly pronounces a President Hillary would never have went to Iraq. Nothing in her new position reflects the confidence that she (and Bill Clinton for that matter) spoke with before the about face.

Obama, on the other hand, was indeed against the action from the beginning. Hence; on this score anti-war folks should rank them: Obama, then John Edwards, and lastly Hillary.

Another difference; Cyclo just posted and summed up on another thread:

Cycloptichorn wrote:
Difference between Clinton and Obama?

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/2250/hillaryyoulyingbitchyn5.jpg

There's a reason that Clinton's attempts to paint herself as a 'change' candidate aren't working: it's bullshit.

She would be more of the same, different boss.

Cycloptichorn

Again; it isn't so much a difference in platform... it's the level of confidence in the platform being on the level.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 07:40 pm
O'Bill, you may or nay not believe this, but I did re-read some of the former exchanges, and I simply hadn't understood some of what you'd said.

Maybe if you had dealt with this very personally momentous event in a little less snide way - say for instance not begun interjecting cutsie sarcasm into every answer right away - maybe we wouldn't have had this disagreement. It came from a misunderstanding fed by your need to be grand.

And you also may or may not believe that I am big enough to apologize to you, and would have already done so, except for the heat and depth of your reaction. In calling me crazy, loony, racist, fool, idiot, etc., do you think you are someone whose acceptance of an apology is something I care about?

I have my opinion of you, and you of me, and since absolutely nothing here depends on either opinion - no friendship, no grand prize, no nothing, I see no more reason for anything else to be said.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 08:19 pm
snood wrote:
O'Bill, you may or nay not believe this, but I did re-read some of the former exchanges, and I simply hadn't understood some of what you'd said.

Maybe if you had dealt with this very personally momentous event in a little less snide way - say for instance not begun interjecting cutsie sarcasm into every answer right away - maybe we wouldn't have had this disagreement. It came from a misunderstanding fed by your need to be grand.

And you also may or may not believe that I am big enough to apologize to you, and would have already done so, except for the heat and depth of your reaction. In calling me crazy, loony, racist, fool, idiot, etc., do you think you are someone whose acceptance of an apology is something I care about?

I have my opinion of you, and you of me, and since absolutely nothing here depends on either opinion - no friendship, no grand prize, no nothing, I see no more reason for anything else to be said.
Dude. This is all you. Don't like my reaction? Stop attacking me unprovoked and it's done. This is how it's been since the get go. I don't hold grudges over silly ****.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 09:49 pm
I'd like to take a moment to publicly apologize to O'Bill. After looking back at it and chewing on it for awhile, my characterizations of him over the last couple of days were not warranted.

O'Bill I apologize for accusing you of saying things you did not say, and for insulting you on the basis purely of your race and gender. It is something I would not stand for had it been done to me, and it is something I should not have done to you.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 10:10 pm
Shocked Again? Very cool. I repeat: That is very big of you, Snood. You are a better man than most and of course your apology is accepted. Sorry I responded in kind, rather than attempt to clarify the situation. Peace and GObama!!!
0 Replies