shiksa

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 10:56 am
Shiksa (Yiddish: שיקסע) or "Shikse," is a Yiddish word that has moved into English usage, mostly in North American Jewish culture and is sometimes used as a pejorative or mock-pejorative term for a Gentile (or non-Jewish) woman. Discretion in use of the term is called for, as it is still regarded as offensive by some. However, as the many examples from popular culture below show, it is generally used in a humorous way.

The word could be derived from the Hebrew term sheketz, which means either "abomination"[1], "detestable", "loathed" or "blemish," depending on the translator. It can be used to refer to any female gentile.

The term shiksa, despite its etymology, is a derogatory term that is widely used and accepted in the United States.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,273 • Replies: 10
No top replies

contrex

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 12:00 pm
... and your point is?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 12:07 pm
That he has no point.
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 12:17 pm
i've heard this word a number times, it's worth pointing out that every time i've heard it, it was used among friends or in a friendly way. i'm not debating the meaning of it, there's no denying that.

blame seinfeld if you're looking for how it got popular, thanks to the "shiksappeal" episode. it's one of those words where what it means is often entirely different from what's being said. in israel it might be another story.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 02:09 pm
cjhsa wrote:
That he has no point.
I love phonics, Hi cjhsa.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 02:30 pm
No point and no phonetic ability.

Interestingly enough, a Google search on my handle turns up "Children of Jewish Holocaust Survivors".

I ain't one, but I am a child of a WWII survivor. The scars of that time are numerous.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 02:33 pm
cjhsa wrote:
No point and no phonetic ability.
Yes dear. And I'm sure you're not a racist sum-sucking pig.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 02:34 pm
I thought female genitiles were called vagina.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 02:37 pm
That coming from someone who hates his father beyond the grave and stole babes from their mother's arms.... slides right off dys....
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 02:40 pm
cjhsa wrote:
That coming from someone who hates his father beyond the grave and stole babes from their mother's arms.... slides right off dys....
actually It's walter and snood, I simply hate you.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 02:42 pm
I'm happy to hear it. It's typical of the left to hate those that speak against them while whining about their "loss" of free speech.

Hypocrite.

P.S. I don't hate you, I just think you are an idiot.
0 Replies