gift ?????!!!!!

safinaz

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 03:57 pm
Hi all !

My b/f's birthday is next month, I have many ideas of gifts.. but I don't know which one I would choose !! help me guys please.. Confused
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,526 • Replies: 31
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 04:03 pm
You are the one that knows him - why would you ask us?

I suppose that sounds hostile, but I don't mean it that way. People vary in their appreciation of gifts. Some of the best gifts I ever received were poems written on scratch paper. Some of the worst were nice sweaters from department stores - they had nothing to do with me or my needs, though I did understand they were well meant. And yet, a great sweater can be a good gift.

Gift givers and gift receivers may be at different places at different times on this matter, some thinking an expensive elegant gift is the best - and to confuse the issue, sometimes it could be. Something small and thoughtful can be just as good or better.

But you know him, we don't.
0 Replies

safinaz

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 04:16 pm
yes right.. well I'm thinking of giving him something like a nicktie or a tie bar.. well he doesn't wear ties usually, but in special ocasions.. I already gave him a ring and simple other things like poems (but written in ordinary paper Wink ) and stuff...

he made my last birthday very special by organizing a wonderful surprise party for me with friends, that's when we were together in the same city, now we're apart nd I'm not sure if he's coming before or after his bithday.. anyway I want my present to be special !
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 04:17 pm
How old are both of you? Are you working? Going to school? A little background would help.
0 Replies

safinaz

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 04:22 pm
I'm 22 and he'll be 25 next month, he graduated last july from the same school I'm studying in and he started looking for a job...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 04:42 pm
25 year olds vary. Anything about his interests?

Me, I've never given a tie, at least that I remember. Though I did give my husband a great scarf, once.

Ties are sometimes the stuff of quips, in that guys get a lot of them. People don't know what to give men, as some are at some times less personally explanatory than us females. Plus ties represent business life, which may or may not be a great idea at any given time in a guy's life, re a gift.

At least sometimes, what the gift content is doesn't matter, unless it is totally bad. A loved one can be sentimental about any gift, as well meant.
0 Replies

safinaz

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 04:46 pm
by the way it's the first time I'm giving him a birhday gift, for that I want it o be special... so the tie stuff is not a good idea do u think? what kind of sentimntal gifts may be special ?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 04:49 pm
We don't know, we aren't you...

but, tell us more about him, perhaps we can look at this, to get you thinking..
0 Replies

safinaz

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 05:00 pm
this is it, to get me thinking cuz I'm blocked lol !
I'd say he would like any think I choose for him, cuz he knows that the important is who's giving u the present not what's been given.
anyway, I want something that last, something that is suitable as first gift..I was thinking about his favourite perfume, but I already gave him one small size... he has a nicklace and I don't think he'd like to change it..
what I'm sure of is that I don't want an electronic thing, sport stuff, and books.. I c nothing special in these
what do u think ?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 05:03 pm
Also, listen, on this whole subject, no one could do worse than me, a long time ago.

I gave my first serious boyfriend a christmas stocking. I knew he was a jewish atheist, but was doing this as some kind of exchange talk bravado, me who was already more in his camp than the christmas camp.

Whatever, you can disagree with my views, but the matter of gifts remains...

There was candy in the stocking, from the local very well regarded drug store. Candy gone bad. (I happen to have no or almost no sense of smell, which complicates my life.)

That wasn't what killed us, precisely, but sent me into the ponds of dismay at the time. He thought it was funny.

So, hey, you can't do worse than me.

Be who you are, always represent yourself. It's yourself you'll live with for a long long time.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 05:08 pm
Here are an abundance of ideas, I am sure you'll find something

http://www.surprise.com/
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 05:22 pm
How about a picture of you sunbathing topless with a friend?

Sorry, jk! That was from another thread.

Books; coupons for favours, dinners, treats to be traded in throughout the year; phone card, gift certificate to stores he likes; cds; etc.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 05:27 pm
Well, that looks useful, cj..

within a range.

I still like those poems, but I might not like them if just sent to get out of spending money.

If one has money, that is.

If not, getting out of spending it is obvious to me... play.

I see this as a complicated intersection. People are invited to birthday gatherings, and so on. Me, I'm odd. I've given items of amusement or serious value at gatherings, when I've had reasonable bank money, and other times when I've had nada in the bank.

Maybe it's re art, for me. Who are these people, and what can I give...
0 Replies

safinaz

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 06:15 pm
thank you guys!

Mame, a picture of me topless seems to be great ! lol joking

well I found some ideas in the website u gave me CalamityJane, I like special teddy bears the most, with poems written on their pillow and cute golden ties and some others.. thx

I will tell u ossobucu if I do worse than u, who knows ! Wink

but the question is teddy bear a good idea for a 25 years old guy! well I'd like it for myself, but I'm a girl and most girls like cute things like these...
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 06:21 pm
Mame wrote:
How about a picture of you sunbathing topless with a friend?

along those same lines, i was thinking, get a tie, invite him over and greet him wearing the tie

and nothing else

what guy wouldn't like that present
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 06:24 pm
How about something that will remind him of the day he met you, or your first date?
0 Replies

safinaz

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 06:33 pm
the day he met me.......... we knew each others at school so a book may remind him of this Wink jk

it seems a good idea but dunno what will remind him of it ? if our first date was in a café near the beach...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 06:33 pm
Strippers.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 06:50 pm
Make it personal. He's 25, entering big boy world, so no, I wouldn't think the teddy bear a good idea.

I like the idea of meeting him at the door wearing a tie if you must give him a tie... That would be the way to do it.

Depends on how much time you have, but if you can make a day of it and just pamper him to the hilt: massage, glass of wine, warm bath, delicious robe to wear while he watches you dress for the evening, presentation of tie, dress him, nice restaurant, out dancing, home to...
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 06:53 pm
safinaz wrote:
the day he met me.......... we knew each others at school so a book may remind him of this Wink jk

it seems a good idea but dunno what will remind him of it ? if our first date was in a café near the beach...

Do you still live near that cafe'? Or that beach?

Go take a picture of it and frame it.
0 Replies