Would you ride the S.L.U.T.?

MonroeBud

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 08:54 pm
HI EVERYONE!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 09:04 pm
Urban transportation is very serious for some of us, call it what you will, and calling it something shitty may have some power to not help urban trans work.

Maybe slut as a name can make it popular - somehow I really doubt it.
I'm not a P R person either - but I don't like slams.

I've lived in cities with great transportation, nothin' transportaion, and seeming punitive transportation.

All serious to me.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 09:45 pm
i owned a car for exactly one year of my life. All the rest - public transportation. So i would take it seriously. That said, I don't care what they call it as long as it comes on time (unlike buses in Boston).
0 Replies

solipsister

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 09:58 pm
The SLUT has been dumped in favour of the South Lake Union Streetcar. A competition to name the Streetcar has become trammelled in red tape and raillery and is not expected to be on time. The South Lake Union Streetcar Help SLUSH fund set up by the South Lake Union Railway SLUR, South Lake Union Motorway SLUM and their law enforcement agencies, SLURP and SLUMP, respectively, are now against the SLUT. Yarn spinners point to the slub and slue of public opinion for the SLUT and look to ask you to askew and eschew the troll against the Trolley by awry smile.
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 10:09 pm
i don't have a car, and i've been on some of the worst public transportation in the country. in some parts of africa, it's a lot worse (the only thing worse than the public transport is the taxis.)

all the more reason to joke imo... in other places, where the busses are invariably so crowded that people tell you "stop complaining about being groped" because it's nigh-impossible to avoid in the first place, people joke about transportation even more. our foreign policy is a lot worse than our transportation, and jokes about that will never cease.

however, if i'd known jokes on this topic were going to offend, it wouldn't have been worth the one or two cheesey jokes you can get from it.

i just couldn't have imagined, is all.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 10:21 pm
Of course you can joke.
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 10:40 pm
yeah but the mood is all dead now.

that's okay, there will be other hilarious threads Smile
0 Replies

solipsister

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 01:35 am
tinygiraffe wrote:
however, if i'd known jokes on this topic were going to offend, it wouldn't have been worth the one or two cheesey jokes you can get from it.

I count at least 15 peurile jokes in my post thank you very much.

I am deeply offended with pure rile at your cheesy spelling.
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 01:54 am
well, at least it my spelling wasn't s.l.u.t.t.y.
0 Replies