i own a california home/not her

pgoeltz

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 07:24 pm
we are bound for divorce, but i owned the house before marriage, can i ask her to leave? she claims all kinds of BS i lied, cheated etc. we even signed a paper saying that i gave her $10.000 in settlement, free and clear, i found later she ripped my copy up, but i have bank statements showing transfer from joint account to her own. But can i tell her to leave, she is not on the title.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 469 • Replies: 6
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 08:39 pm
If you had this property prior to marriage and your soon to be ex is
not on the deed, than she cannot make any claim to this property.
For everything else, California is a community property state and you
will need to share on a 50/50 basis, and depending how long you were married, she's entitled to your retirement benefits (after 10 years of marriage).

If you don't want to get into a costly divorce battle that is only lucrative
to your attorneys, I suggest you come to some sort of agreement with
your wife PRIOR to filing for divorce.
0 Replies

pgoeltz

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 08:51 pm
Its still under 3 years
and we did have a settlement but she found my copy and got rid of it, now she wants the world, as she getting bad advice from marriage counselors, but can i tell her to move out? I know the house is mine, what about land we bought with my money, during that 2.9 years. she has never worked?
BUT CAN I ASK HER TO LEAVE?????
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 04:41 am
you can ask her to leave no matter what the situation is.

But you have more of a right to enforce that if you own the property and not her.
yes. ask her to leave
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 05:27 am
As for "replacing" the original document (which she destroyed) with a forgery--don't.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 09:00 am
Re: Its still under 3 years
pgoeltz wrote:
I know the house is mine, what about land we bought with my money, during that 2.9 years. she has never worked?

I believe that if you purchased the land while married to her, then that is community property.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 10:35 am
too bad you're not in Texas.... you could just have her killed....
0 Replies