I am so impressed

PDiddie

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 11:59 am
They've been much too busy this past week expressing outrage at a newspaper ad:

http://www.bartcop.com/petraeus-names.jpg

No, seriously. That's my worthless POS Senator, who introduced the "sense of the Senate" resolution condemning free speech. No surprise really, since this moron is best known for conflating gay marriage with people marrying box turtles, for voting no on habeas corpus, for voting yes on torturing POWs at Gitmo and for wiretapping Americans.

In 1998, the GOP impeached the president during war time. In 2000, Bush said McCain betrayed his fellow POWs and mocked Gore for going to Vietnam when he himself went AWOL. In 2002, they morphed Max Cleland into Osama, and in 2004 they mocked John Kerry's purple hearts:

http://www.bartcop.com/purple-heart-band-aid.jpg

Bush (and the republicans AND the Democrats) sent nearly 4,000 of our best young men and women to die for his lies, and what have we received in exchange? $80 oil and the record-breaking profit margins of Halliburton and Blackwater.

The military's graveyards are running out of space so now they're stacking 'em up underground.

http://www.bartcop.com/his-kid.jpg

What exactly were you expecting, dys? Flowers and a kiss?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 01:15 pm
Hey, P.Diddie, good to see you again. Howv'e you been and how's Mrs. P.Diddie?

Nah, Dys didn't expect much at all, but would a few clips in a couple of newspapers (forget tv-too costly persecond) be too much to ask?

Guess I answered my own question.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 01:06 am
spendius wrote:
It's "hououououwellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll" Ed.

It doesn't work out of dictionaries.

Really Spendi..............more and more dictionaries!
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 01:08 am
Diane wrote:
Hey, P.Diddie, good to see you again. Howv'e you been and how's Mrs. P.Diddie?

Nah, Dys didn't expect much at all, but would a few clips in a couple of newspapers (forget tv-too costly persecond) be too much to ask?

Guess I answered my own question.

Yeh.........hey PDiddie! Hi to the missus too.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 04:16 am
Lola-

Yeah. I have dozens. I'm a bookworm.

By comparing dictionaries you can see how censorship works for different English speaking countries and for different classes within them.

I should have thought you would change your avvie now that you have relocated to a less sophisticed setting.

That Portland Building has an anti-ID look about it though. It's pretty Pagan with Ancient Evenings influences. Rosalind Krauss reckons it is a "corporate logo" offering no info about the identity of what it signifies and that it symbolises the "disembodied, weightless, massless condition of electronic information". Pure anti-ID. Monstrous, brutal and alienating.

Not like suspender belts and black stockings eh? They are Christian through and through.

Is Bernie mad at me? Are you mad at me? I'm a GIT now you know.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 08:39 am
Hey PDiddie - long time. Good to see you around here.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 09:44 am
spendius wrote:
Lola-

Is Bernie mad at me? Are you mad at me? I'm a GIT now you know.

The answer to first part is not at all. Just not going to play with you on certain matters because we operate under non-compatible rules.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 09:44 am
PDiddie....always a pleasure!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 09:58 am
Diane wrote:
This administration has done everything possible to make the soldiers invisible--no shots of incoming coffins, no reports on their devestating injuries.

If they can convince themselves the troops are only the word 'troop,' not human or even soldier, then it makes it so much easier to use them as pieces in an extremely profitable war game.

dys... I am simply overwhelmed in considering what soldiers at any time must experience, and in this conflict, it's even worse.

dianne...that's the relevant observation. Soldiers are photo opportunities. Rah rah soldiers with all their limbs, though. The dead and the wounded probably don't really exist at all.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 11:34 am
Bernie wrote-

Quote:
Just not going to play with you on certain matters because we operate under non-compatible rules.

To which the obvious reply is that the rules I apply to debate are compatible with common sense, reality and scientific rigour.

Quote:
I am simply overwhelmed in considering what soldiers at any time must experience, and in this conflict, it's even worse.

That's a ridiculous statement. We must have the best looked after soldiers in recorded history.

Add that to this-

Quote:
that's the relevant observation. Soldiers are photo opportunities. Rah rah soldiers with all their limbs, though. The dead and the wounded probably don't really exist at all.

and the drift is in the direction of having no soldiers which is a sentiment we might all agree with on here but how do we get other nations to agree also. And there you are in your avvie with a gun strapped to your side. You are on the land you are luxuriating on due to the activities of soldiers. With no soldiers the 1,000 year Reich would be underway.

It's reality you are incompatible with- not me.

What about economic dead and wounded?

Human life = Casualties. If the White House under any President couldn't accept that it would be paralysed.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 03:12 pm
Re: I am so impressed
dyslexia wrote:
Yes I am. The rightwing nuts so supportive of our troops have no one mention that today is National POW/MIA Recognition Day. ....

hell dys, it might have cost a couple of bucks to do something. and you know what that means... they might have to pay taxes Shocked .

and that would be bad.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 05:28 pm
Hey- it wasn't me who started talking dirty.
0 Replies