I am so impressed

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 02:01 pm
Yes I am. The rightwing nuts so supportive of our troops have no one mention that today is National POW/MIA Recognition Day. Fuc*k all you drug-store cowboys.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,820 • Replies: 31
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 02:02 pm
perhaps it wasn't carried on Fox News so you didn't know.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 02:04 pm
You are bastards.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 02:18 pm
C'mon dys, don't sugarcoat your feelings... Laughing
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 02:18 pm
snood wrote:
C'mon dys, don't sugarcoat your feelings... Laughing
I rarely do
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 02:27 pm
Well, you know I think the rightwingnut deskjockey warhawks suck, as well.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 02:33 pm
Snood - You're making me hot with that kinda talk. Very Happy
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 05:06 pm
Okie, bring it on!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 05:17 pm
Outside in the distance
A wildcat did growl
Two riders were approaching
The wind began to howl
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 05:23 pm
It's "hououououwellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll" Ed.

It doesn't work out of dictionaries.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 05:27 pm
I am unusually very pissed at both the left and the right for the total lack of respect for those lost souls of america's adventurism.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 05:35 pm
dyslexia wrote:
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 05:44 pm
Treatment of American soldiers in general is gut-wrenching to me.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 05:46 pm
Most people use these names and memories for their own ideological purposes, instead of truly recognizing them for what they are. I have not taken the time before now to express anything, because suffering from overexposure to the heat these past several days. Barely functioning beyond the minimal stages required to keep going. But, now that I am on the subject, I can tell you I honor them every day, by seeking ways to keep new names off the lists as much as possible. I feel agony for them, no matter the political or moral persuasion. I particularly rue the fact we have these turds leading us, generation after generation, instead of the kind of statesmen who would forge a real peace in the world.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 05:48 pm
what do you expect dys from people whose beloved number one shirked real military service, claims to be a cowboy but is afraid of horses and lives on a "ranch" with five head of cattle?

consider the source.
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 08:08 pm
i talked to a nam pow once- he made it back, obviously- that had to choose between eating his fallen comrades and starving. no other food was given him for a good long time, the people that imprisoned him cooked them and served them.

we can use "politics" in two different ways. one way, is to cash in on stories like his towards our own personal ambtion. another way, would be to try to prevent stories like his from ever happening again. my personal view is that soldiers just like him sign up with noble (and often selfless) intentions, and we owe them everything.

unfortunately, "politics" is the realm where we debate and promote what "everything" is. i certainly think veteran rights and veteran benefits are on that list, but lets face it, with the war on and all, who can afford it?

that's exactly why we should only be involved in wars that make real sense to go into, and never past the point where they no longer make enough sense to stay. again, politically, it's anyone's guess which ones those are.

outside of the rich kids' playhouse of "bipartisan" politics, i know the troops come back and are treated like crap, and it pisses me off. you can call that "unpatriotic," or "whining," i just call it "humanity." the troops could use a bit more of that, and i'll keep "whining" until we give it to them.

the people support the troops, they always do. that's our family- our friends- our loved ones fighting and dying.

it's the government that needs to be a little more patriotic.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 08:19 pm
This administration has done everything possible to make the soldiers invisible--no shots of incoming coffins, no reports on their devestating injuries.

If they can convince themselves the troops are only the word 'troop,' not human or even soldier, then it makes it so much easier to use them as pieces in an extremely profitable war game.
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 01:42 am
Quote:
This administration has done everything possible to make the soldiers invisible

yes and it's quite odd because i've never seen a yellow ribbon hold a gun before, but you'd almost think that's what they look like.

you see bush a lot though. i mean he gets to be the smily, PROUD hero of it-

him and his "troops" of yellow ribbons that say "i support just about anything..." yes i do support the troops, but i don't want that to be misconstrued...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 07:26 am
dyslexia wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 09:57 am
dyslexia wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
0 Replies