New to this website

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 04:15 pm
Hi Everyone

I hope this posting finds you all well! I am single and have just recently meet a very attractive blonde blue eyed lady who is a widow. Her husband died 2 years ago. We have engaging conversations (her husband comes up in the conversation) and both end up wondering where the time has gone. I think the world of her and my gut feeling tells me this is the girl for me, as I love to listen and she loves to talk and we are of similar age

How should I handle the situation?

Yours faithfully

Dartplayer
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 748 • Replies: 11
No top replies

solipsister

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 08:48 pm
Ditch her and take me. I love smoke filled rooms with drunken, gut busting, atavistic boozers. Oh, and I adore darts.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 09:00 pm
Forget him, Sollipster, take me. I love girls who love smoke filled rooms with drunken gut busting atavistic boozers.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 09:08 pm
Okay, Dartplayer, you've got the advice you needed.

Now, I'd say, go with your gut, in most cases, but I'm a little edgy about that deceased husband. Defunct men are the very hardest to compete with, so be sure that isn't what you are walking into. Meanwhile, keep talking.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 10:08 pm
I think you should handle the situation one day at a time. You didn't give very much information. What is your general age? How long was she married? Was her husbands death sudden or was it from an illness?
It sounds like if anything that your off to a good start for a relationship or friendship.
0 Replies

Dartplayer

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 04:24 pm
Dating a Widow
Hi Everyone

Thank you for the responding to my post and the giving me the advice.

In answer too your questions.

We are both mid 50's She was married for over 10 years

Her husbands death was sudden

In closing our relationship is going from strength to strength.
0 Replies

MagicBlackCat

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 03:39 pm
Could it be that she needs just a friend right now to get over her grief?

Take things one day at a time, take notice of the little things she does. Does she ask you questions about your past to learn more about you or do you simply chime in with answers that correspond to her comments? There's a difference between needing someone to talk with and getting to know someone romantically Very Happy
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 10:37 am
Dartplayer--

You have the best possible attitude--move slowly and see what will happen.

Your friend's deceased husband was a big part of her life for ten years--perhaps you can be a big part of her life for even longer.

Or perhaps not.

Continue to move slowly and see what happens.

Good luck.
0 Replies

Dartplayer

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 05:45 pm
Dear All

I hope this posting finds you all well. Thank you for your advice, I have found that she will notice things I say.We had an disagreement the other week and made up on the understanding we are just friends. In reality we hold hands or walk arm in arm together. I find I want more than that and my inner self tells me I should tell her so.

Any advice would be welcome

Regards

Dartplayer
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 10:05 am
Dartplayer--

Don't rush.

You met her "recently". How long ago is "recently"?
0 Replies

Dartplayer

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 03:09 pm
Noddy24

We met each other in August, the 17th, 2007 if my memory serves me correctly

We are going on the London Eye this weekend I have chosen a time when the sunsets, should be quite spectacular

Dartplayer
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 06:02 am
Dartplayer--

Perhaps in a dream?

On 8/17/07 I was at home in the Poconos.
0 Replies