So Survivor starts tonight..

Linkat

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 01:55 pm
Think it will still be interesting?

Have not seen much advertising on this - I will probably watch though.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,357 • Replies: 88
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 02:26 pm
I'm going to try my best not to.

Prime time is so dang late around here -- I preferred when it started at 7:00 PM, CST. (I'm in EST now.) I'm actually starting to get ready for bed by 8:15 or so. I know that's ridiculous, but that's what life is like around here these days. Laughing

I'll probably be listening in on this thread though.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 02:31 pm
Really? I don't get the kids in bed until 8:00 so I usually miss the beginning - so I have the opposite problem - 9:00 is the best time for me to watch a show. 10:00 is too late I usually fall asleep watching anything that starts at 10:00.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 02:35 pm
For all but the very first show the beginning is usually a recap of last show, so as long as you watch each one you probably don't miss much.

Due to E.G.'s insane hours we all go to bed at the same time -- if we didn't, he and sozlet would pretty much never see each other. (He usually works 10-14 hours a day.)
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 03:35 pm
They're gonna have to capture my attention fast.

I just couldn't bring myself the watch last season.

Am I right in thinking that they're in China this time?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 03:56 pm
I think it is China.

I do enjoy the last season.
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 06:25 pm
I actually enjoyed last season as well -- after about the half-way point. But now I'm without television, so I'll be catching the day after, on the internet. I just hope they get away from all the "luck" twists and back to more strategy.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 07:11 pm
What's Survivor?

Joe( Cool )Nation
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 07:13 pm
I'm still reeling from the horrible Big Brother finale, where two complete assh*les won the whole thing. Don't get me started on another one.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 07:18 pm
sozobe wrote:
I'm going to try my best not to.

Prime time is so dang late around here -- I preferred when it started at 7:00 PM, CST. (I'm in EST now.) I'm actually starting to get ready for bed by 8:15 or so. I know that's ridiculous, but that's what life is like around here these days. Laughing

I'll probably be listening in on this thread though.

I tape everything in order to fast forward through commericals and watch when I feel like I have the time. I can watch an hour show in about 40 minutes since I speed by the opening credits and endless ads. I also tend to do other things while I watch, so if I miss something important I can rewind.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 10:04 pm
Has everyone watched? I'm Pacific Time zone so I think its safe to talk about tonights episode. All I have to say is thank goodness they got rid of Chicken. What an ass. Next to go IMO is the NY waitress with the attitude. She doesn't seem to have anything to offer.
And what about the gravedigger? That man is ripped, whew-wee.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 04:27 am
Chicken let them get to him. All it took was two or three rejects of his ideas and he turned into the backwoods (Durned iffen Ah tell you) jerk.

The muscles of Marty's new boyfriend appear to be real ie. not created in a gym for show, as some of the muscles we have already seen on this show have been.

The Chicken team (I can't remember the names right now) is full of attitudes. Except for the two dopes who raised their hand to be leader last night all the others think they are in this on their own. (Nobody on that team has looked at the Art of War.) Prediction: Five straight losses in the challenges.

Joe(greenwitch is a smart cookie)Nation
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 06:28 am
I was thrilled when Chicken got the axe. Weeks of his indecisive, counterproductive whining would have made this too painful to watch.

The gravedigger is blessed with one of those bodies that doesn't need steroids or gym equipment, just hard work. It also makes him a target down the line. (Can I admit when I saw him the first thing I thought of was that erotic B movie Mandingo from the 70's Embarrassed )

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/bd/Mandingo_movie_poster.jpg/200px-Mandingo_movie_poster.jpg

Blonde NYC Waitress - doomed to follow the Chicken or first to get eaten by a Panda. I'm not sure which would be more fun to watch.

The setting is beautiful, I'm sure the Chinese are building a coal fired power plant and doing some strip mining just over the next hill.

Green (thanks for the honorable mention Joe) Witch
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 09:54 am
Love the gravedigger - not only is he nice, but he's NICE. I loved the comment about him being superman. What an unusual duo superman and the Christian radio host.

Chicken annoyed me that he knew what to do, but wouldn't offer advice - duh what a way to make your team weaker. Despise the waitress - what the h*ck is she doing on the show - hasn't she watched it before?

What are your thoughts of the gay Mormon flight attendant - kind of an odd combo there huh? Is he really clever or is he over rating himself?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 11:55 am
Trying to follow the tactics of the poker player. If he thinks somebody is more than they let on, why reveal that you know it?

May have to wait until next week to comment. Not thinking or writing clearly at the moment. Clear enough to notice that the gravedigger is a very fine looking man. Seems like a nice one too.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 12:41 pm
Linkat wrote:

What are your thoughts of the gay Mormon flight attendant - kind of an odd combo there huh? Is he really clever or is he over rating himself?

So if you're a gay Mormon can you have more than one boyfriend at a time?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 10:09 am
Aren't graves dug by backhoe nowadays? Surely those are from the gym, but all credit to him....

Thank god they got rid of the hick farmer early this season. I never can stand the hick farmers.

Who doesn't wear a bra on Survivor? Idiot.

I liked the boots, though.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 11:09 am
DrewDad wrote:
Aren't graves dug by backhoe nowadays? Surely those are from the gym, but all credit to him....

Thank god they got rid of the hick farmer early this season. I never can stand the hick farmers.

Who doesn't wear a bra on Survivor? Idiot.

I liked the boots, though.

That's what I thought! Haven't they all seen past episodes before? I'd go in wearing layers.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 12:28 pm
I laughed through most of the show... Really, haven't these people seen past seasons? I'd be wearing my survivor gear the minute I was told I was going, just in case...

And when they got to camp, someone actually said "Do we have flint?"

Definitley looking entertaining so far....
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 11:48 am
Joe Nation wrote:
The Chicken team (I can't remember the names right now) is full of attitudes. Except for the two dopes who raised their hand to be leader last night all the others think they are in this on their own. (Nobody on that team has looked at the Art of War.) Prediction: Five straight losses in the challenges.

Joe(greenwitch is a smart cookie)Nation

One down, four to go, Joe.

Seems like an unusual amount of wrestling. Love dat mud.

Will the gambler get away with snoring rather than working as long as he comes through in the challenges?
0 Replies