So Survivor starts tonight..

caribou

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 02:23 pm
I'm laughing more during these last two episodes this season than any other I can remember.
Actually the last couple seasons have been a little boring in at the start. And, so far, I'm finding these people pretty amusing...

The contests are brilliant! Loved the mud.

Wish that annoying bossman from the losing team would've gone home though. (Give me some more time to figure out their names)
OMG, I'm sitting there watching, yelling "Just build a fire! Eat! You can build a fire anywhere!"
Really, I woulda voted him off for that, and wussing out at the challenge. Food would've helped.

And they are camping in a swamp now? Don't tell me there isn't some higher ground...
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 05:24 pm
The show is very predictable. There are three spots in it that I watch. Twenty minutes into the show is the food challenge and 40 minutes into the show is the immunity challenge. I watch those two segments to figure out how I would have solved them. Other than that, I don't watch anything else other than the first 5 minutes to learn who was voted off the previous week.

The only thing new, different and interesting about each season and episode is the creativity displayed in continuously unique competitions with unique locations, materials and styles. That's about the only interest the show has left for me.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 05:55 pm
I missed the mud wrestling!!

Joe(my favorite sport to watch)Nation
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 06:11 pm
I can't believe I missed episode 2! Crying or Very sad Who got voted off?
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 08:15 pm
ooooh.
You can watch FULL episodes Here!

The WWE chick was eliminated.... Ashley
0 Replies

Oleander

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 01:40 am
So Survivor starts tonight..
Joe, if you look at Kicky's reply of Sep. 20 and insert Survivor where he mentioned Big Brother, you will have your answer.

This last Big Brother was so mean spirited our family decided to give up both Survivor and Big Brother.

A better program name would be Ugly Americans.

We're into Beauty and the Geek on WGN, Tuesdays. A social experiment to combine opposites that is in its 4th season.

Even DWTS gives us hope . . . must watch prerecorded and FF through the junk.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 04:24 am
Uh. It's television.

It's a one way media spewing glue for your eyeballs. Getting them stuck to the screen is the object, not an inspiring, uplifting or informative moment to be had. (Unless they create one and then you would be the one being had rather than the other way around if for one moment you believed that reality television is in any way, shape or form-- real.

Reality television: an oxymoron for the electronic age.

So, I waste an hour a week (unless I zoom through the commercials and I do.) plus another hour a week wasted writing about it with the nice people here.

AH, pure, crappola.

Joe(an occasional roll in it is harmless)Nation
0 Replies

Mumpad

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 05:53 am
Can't we just put all the Big Brother people on Survivor, & forget about them all?

I'd rather do housework than watch these shows (& I HATE housework).
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 07:15 pm
This week, eeeehhh... whatever.

Still annoyed that they didn't vote off the annoyingly bossy guy last week. (Dave?)
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 07:24 pm
caribou wrote:
This week, eeeehhh... whatever.

Still annoyed that they didn't vote off the annoyingly bossy guy last week. (Dave?)

He makes the weirdest faces, he goes all bug eyed like Jack Nicholson playing a psycho with an axe. I would not want to be trapped on an island with him.

I never feel bad when they get rid of the token fundamentalist - hey, it's God's will. However, I would like to see that so called professional poker player come to bad end.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 07:32 pm
I'm wondering what kind of pro poker player he is? I'm just not seeing it, the smarts, that is. Unless it's THAT good of a poker face.

James, gravedigger, I love him, but he needs to keep his mouth shut!!!! Stop hanging with Mr Poker!

How sad is it that the three women of that one team (still don't have the names down) were better than their male teammate in that challenge?
(okay, sure, they were going up against three stronger men, but still)

And they put skinny little courtney chopping ropes? Idiots!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 11:45 pm
What's with all the wrestling this season? Is there some kind of deal with the WWF or whatever it's called?

I'm wondering what's wrong with the skinny girl. Is her name Courtney? I can appreciate that she's not strong. I can sympathize. But she didn't seem to understand the concept of angles and leverage--almost as if she were trying not to get in a good swing. Hey, Ms. Anorexic, swing your whole arm, not just from your elbows.

I don't understand why people who take the moral high ground participate in these things. Just as well. I also don't understand why people are sharing info about the immunity idol. I further don't understand why nobody seems to be looking for it.

I also think it's time for a mutiny. The so-called leader of the team that won immunity this week is nuts.
0 Replies

Oleander

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 02:12 am
So Survivor starts tonight ..
Mumpad
Quote:
Can't we just put all the Big Brother people on Survivor, & forget about them all?

I'd rather do housework than watch these shows (& I HATE housework).

Your idea of putting Big Brother and Survivor people together is brilliant, and I hope you have patented it!!!! After watching all but the first year of each show we're cured; what did it was this summer's winner of BB. From the first episode the house hated him, but the ugly contestant is what makes good TV ratings. The producers never let the obnoxious person go.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 04:58 am
It's a interesting group of players with an especially large segment of clueless people. Have all of them seen the show before?

Oh, here's a secret clue! Hey, I know. I'll give it away!!

Wha?

Lindsey first slings all kinds of information to the opposing tribe and then, upon her return home, spills her guts about what she told them. (Hello? How about you paint a big target on Dave?) She had to go.

And Courtney.....Why would someone show up to Survivor (where players lose 10-15 percent of their bodyweight over the 30 days) weighting only, what?, an ounce over anorexic? And if you were going to compete for A MILLION DOLLARS, wouldn't you spend some time learning about SURVIVAL skills? Like using an axe or a machete? That girlygirl looked like she had never swung anything heavier than the doors at Bergdorf's.

Sheesh.
Joe(I have no player I am rooting for yet, which is odd for me this late.)Nation
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 09:23 am
I'm liking this season. As usual the photography is stunning, possibly the best outside of National Geographic. The smaller number of contestants allows us to get to know them faster, and allows them to start strategizing faster (they are going to start strategizing soon, right?). As well, there's no over-the-top drama queen. Sure, there's many with irritating quirks, but no one who is stealing the camera to the loss of the game.

And by getting rid of the Exile Island twist, they've steamlined the game.

I'm even going to go way out on a limb and call a winner -- I think it will be Tod. He's got so much against him, small, gay, Mormon, young; but he's also smart, quick, has studied the game, has a game plan in place. It's not that I like him best, but I think that he has the right mix of qualities to take him to the end.

Anyone else gonna challenge me? :wink:

As for Courtney (I kinda enjoy her bitchiness) at the ropes -- yeah, it was sad. But the team made a judgement error when they decided to sit out the 2 smallest players in the reward challenge. The rules are that you cannot sit out the same players in back to back challenges, and because most of the early challenges are very physical it stands to reason that you spread out the weaker links. Even still, had she started by sawing the ropes instead of hacking (think of skinny little Yau-Man. last season, winning challenges by doing things differently), Courtney's team may very well have won that contest -- they didn't lose by much.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 01:38 pm
I don't get it. Courtney may be the physically weakest survivor ever. Why does her team have her sit out the rewards challenge? They're then stuck with her for the immunity challenge. Didn't matter this week.

Dave was nuts--and annoying. Glad he's gone. Did he do all or most of the physical work in camp? Others will have to step up. Will the Asian woman become the new leader?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 08:58 pm
Sorry to see Aaron go. Those giggly women really annoyed me and I get the feeliing this strategy is going to backfire in their faces. I was hoping that after the challenge Jeff was going to say "...and the new people in the tribe cannot be voted off".

And what's with the hot looking virgin? Can a guy look like that and actually choose not to get laid? It seems to defy the laws of nature.

I'm liking the lunch lady. Hard worker and appreciates the journey.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 09:07 pm
It's excellent strategy. (Though the giggling was pathetic)

Why do I want it to blow up in their bitchy faces.???

Joe(and the virgin just found how that the sweet hottie he's been swimming with has a bit of Mack the Knife in her.)Nation
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 10:01 pm
I'm hoping James makes life hell for them, the next few days before the next immunity...

Maybe something else will happen, Survivor-wise...

It's so Survivor to do stuff like this, but it sure sucks for the people that have been switched. Aaron was GOOD. James is good...
It was a smart and risky plan for the girls. They should have let the Musican/Virgin into the plan. And Aaron and James should have taken the musican aside and really worked the whole "the girls didn't tell you" thing more. Course, all the musican is thinking about at this point is the cute blonde.

And how dumb was that losing team to think that they would just get two strong players from the other team without giving up anything?
Idiots.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 10:15 pm
Hey, and where did they get the bathing suits?
0 Replies