Older Men/Younger Women Coupling Supports Darwin's Theory

baddog1

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 05:51 am
I originally posted this in Philosophy/Debate and surprisingly - it produced no responses. Surely some on here will find it as interesting as I did.

Interesting concept. I wonder how women-evolutionists feel about this matter.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20070917/sc_livescience/maydecembercouplesboosthumanlifespan

"Older men who shack up with much younger women keep the grim reaper at bay for the human population and extend our species' lifespan, new research claims..."

" Women often lose their reproductive capacity around age 50, but if men can still reproduce into their 70s, Darwin would say it's advantageous for males to live longer lives providing they can hook up with a woman capable of reproducing. Natural selection should favor longevity-boosting genes, which would get passed down from fathers to both sons and daughters. So women would benefit as well in future generations, the scientists say..."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,079 • Replies: 3
No top replies

contrex

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 06:49 am
Why wopuld a gorgeous young thing of 20 want to copulate with an ugly old bastard of 50?
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 06:51 am
contrex wrote:
Why wopuld a gorgeous young thing of 20 want to copulate with an ugly old bastard of 50?

I know more than one reason... Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Doowop

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 07:09 am
contrex wrote:

Maybe she was fed up with the usual 2 minutes of unsatisfying boy grunts and her bathroom cabinet full of acne cream and hair gel.
0 Replies