Tell Me You Love Me

Oleander

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 02:37 am
Tell Me You Love Me
Quote:
Tell Me You Love Me

The HBO storyline is available on TVGuide.com. One review said it was a boring show with very low audience numbers. That is interesting! Sex no longer selling on HBO?
0 Replies

Kelly 999

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 09:20 pm
@squinney,
You don't know what you're talking about, Squinney. I'm sick of dumb feminists claiming there isn't enough male nudity on cable and claiming that showing a penis is somehow a victory for gender equality. That is totally laughable and absolutely incorrect.

First, you cannot intelligently compare the showing of breasts to a penis. That's like comparing apples to oranges. Breasts are non-genital nudity while the penis is genital nudity, so there is a large difference in the degree of explicitness. In many countries, including most of Europe and parts of Canada, breasts are not even considered nudity and women are allowed to go topless on beaches or in public parks. So you can't actually be stupid enough to compare breast nudity to full genital nudity, can you? Breasts, like buttocks, are non-genital nudity and are therefore considered to be far less extreme or explicit than genital nudity. (such as the penis, vagina, testicles, or anus) We hardly ever see a woman's vagina or anus on cable or in a mainstream movie either, but I don't hear you complaining about that. Furthermore, you certainly can't compare an erect penis to a pair of breasts. The only equal comparison would be for a female actress to show her spread-open vagina. I doubt we'll see that on cable anytime soon. I'm all for equality when it comes to showing skin, so anytime a movie or television show displays a penis, then they should show a woman's vagina or anus. If we're going to call for equal amounts of skin, let's make sure we are comparing apples to apples.

Additionally, I should point out that there are several cable series that showed penises, including Oz and Queer as Folk. But how many cable series have regularly shown legitimate actresses' vaginas? None! All we ever get to see of the women are their breasts---big deal! Why do male actors have to show EVERYTHING, their entire genital nudity, and female actresses only show their boobs. In the rare cases a female actress is bottomless great care is taken to ensure that her legs are kept closed so that at no time is her actual genitalia visible. I'd like to see more realistic female nudity. Instead of just PG-13 female nudity I think its time that the ladies have to step up to the plate and show it all too. We should be able to see a vagina or woman's anus in a mainstream movie or in a regular cable series for a change, instead of just men's penises. Fair is fair, after all.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 11:36 pm
This all sounds like a takeoff on an article that at least Sozobe and I discussed somewhere back on a2k, where a therapist treated - I think it was four - several couples at a time. I still have a link somewhere, it was so interesting, the dynamics all around. But did the couples see a therapist separately on this show?

Odd, I've never seen Rome, going to have to rent it.
squinney

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 05:56 pm
@Kelly 999,
You okay there, Kelly?

Sounds like you have issues.

Saw First Blood last week. It's pretty good.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 01:03 pm
@ossobuco,
Found that article I was talking about in this quote --
http://able2know.org/topic/101636-1

ossobuco wrote:

This all sounds like a takeoff on an article that at least Sozobe and I discussed somewhere back on a2k, where a therapist treated - I think it was four - several couples at a time. I still have a link somewhere, it was so interesting, the dynamics all around. But did the couples see a therapist separately on this show?

Odd, I've never seen Rome, going to have to rent it.
0 Replies