School Tied to Bill Clinton School Will Return Gift From Hsu

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 05:25 pm
School Tied to Bill Clinton
Will Return Gift From Hsu
By MARY JACOBY
September 15, 2007

Democratic fund-raiser Norman Hsu gave $75,000 last year to the University of Arkansas's Clinton School of Public Service, as the financier extended his largesse beyond Sen. Hillary Clinton's political campaigns to charities associated with her husband.

Mr. Hsu, a top fund-raiser for Mrs. Clinton's presidential campaign, had pledged a total of $100,000 to the Clinton School, after hearing about it last year at the annual Clinton Global Initiative, a star-studded conference in New York run by the William J. Clinton Foundation. Mr. Hsu was a "member" of the initiative, a status that requires a $15,000 annual donation. Late Friday, a school official said the funds would be returned.

Mr. Hsu paid two installments toward his pledge to the Clinton School before fleeing a hearing on 15-year-old fraud charges in California earlier this month. Mr. Hsu later was arrested in Colorado after falling sick on a train. Skip Rutherford, dean of the Clinton School and a long-time friend and adviser to the Clintons, said the donation from Mr. Hsu "came out of the blue" last year.

While Mrs. Clinton and other politicians have pledged to return or donate to charity donations associated with Mr. Hsu, Mr. Rutherford initially said the graduate program -- aimed at students seeking a career in international aid, politics, law, or philanthropy -- would keep its donation. After questions from The Wall Street Journal, Mr. Rutherford said "it's just not worth it" to keep the money and that he would return it to Mr. Hsu. "We believed it had been given in good faith," Mr. Rutherford said.

The Little Rock school is part of the nonprofit University of Arkansas public higher-education system. Over the past three years, Mr. Hsu has emerged as a leading donor to Democratic politicians and to American charities, such as the Innocence Project, which helps prisoners overturn unfair convictions through DNA testing. Mr. Rutherford said the Clinton School received the Hsu donation after a relative of Mr. Hsu volunteered at last year's Clinton Global Initiative conference. The conference brings together celebrities, CEOs, nonprofit executives, world leaders and politicians to encourage philanthropy in the developing world. Guests at least year's conference included Barbra Streisand and Hamid Karzai, the president of Afghanistan.

The Hsu relative apparently had worked alongside some students from the Clinton School, who had traveled from Arkansas to New York to help staff the event, according to Mr. Rutherford. Later, the relative praised the Clinton School, and Mr. Hsu collared Bruce Lindsey, president of the Clinton Foundation and a former top adviser to Mr. Clinton in the White House, to offer the donation.

Mr. Hsu said he wanted to help defray expenses of students who traveled in future years from Arkansas to New York for the conference, Mr. Rutherford said.

Mr. Lindsey, an Arkansan who splits his time between Little Rock and New York, passed Mr. Hsu's card to Mr. Rutherford. The Clinton School dean said he followed up with a letter asking for the donation. Mr. Rutherford said he never saw or spoke with Mr. Hsu directly. Mr. Lindsey didn't respond to requests for comment. Mr. Hsu committed to $100,000 over several years. On Oct. 25, 2006, he wrote a check for $50,000 on his personal account, made out to the University of Arkansas Foundation and earmarked for the Clinton School. He wrote another check in May for $25,000.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 474 • Replies: 14
No top replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 05:30 pm
Quote:

the University of Arkansas's Clinton School of Public Service...

I'm guessing that's sort of like the Joseph Mengele school for the study of medical ethics or the Al Capone Museum...

http://www.alcaponemuseum.com/
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 12:56 am
Whatever are you going to do when Hilary becomes your president and C in C?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 02:24 am
blatham wrote:

He'd either implode, or be fine.....just add a few more K's to democrat, and make them bigger and redder.
0 Replies

username

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 02:32 am
Did you see those recent match-up polls among the various presidential candidates? Hillary kicks every single Republican candidate's ass. Ooh, gungasnakkke's gonna hate 2009.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 02:33 am
blatham wrote:

Maybe he'd emigrate to KKKonservative KKKanada?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 05:09 am
blatham wrote:

Better question: what do you personally hope to gain by having Hillary KKKlintler elected president and C in C?

SlicKKK KKKlintler is a psychopath and a serial rapist and Hillary KKKlintler is a serial rapist enabler; as the keeper of the lid committee, she's personally responsible for two or three dozen girls and women being sexually assaulted and/or raped.

Are YOU a psychopath or a rapist? I mean, what's in it personally for you?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 05:37 am
gungasnake wrote:
blatham wrote:

Better question: what do you personally hope to gain by having Hillary KKKlintler elected president and C in C?

SlicKKK KKKlintler is a psychopath and a serial rapist and Hillary KKKlintler is a serial rapist enabler; as the keeper of the lid committee, she's personally responsible for two or three dozen girls and women being sexually assaulted and/or raped.

Are YOU a psychopath or a rapist? I mean, what's in it personally for you?

I begin to think the answer to what gunga will do is take leave of whatever senses he ever possessed once and for all.

Anyone who does not think like you is now a serial rapist and a psychopath with "something personal to gain"? What is that supposed to mean?

Time to get back on the meds, you have reached a new level of irrationality, even for you.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 06:37 am
I know some of this stuff is hard for you libs to digest and that denial is the easier path. It's easier to simply sit there repeating some sort of a mantra that 99% of what you see on the internet is bullshit and that if you can't read it in the NY Times or Wash Post, it can't be true.

The thing which took me out of that mindset in the early 90s was the realization that the internet could provide more than the one or two cities takes on the news. I couldn't easily drive around to 50 American cities in the morning buying newspapers but the net could produce that effect pretty nearly for free.

The thing which did it regarding SlicKKK was that interview with Elizabeth Ward Gracen in the Toronto Sun. Half a dozen or so details of the story matched straight up with the story you were reading in Juanita Broaddrick's accusation as a sort of a modus operendi.

Slick had said there would never be a Miss Arkansas who he didn't have, which doesn't leave much room for taking "NO" for an answer. Gracen claims she had a one-night stand with Slick; friends claimed she was in hysterics at the time and had clearly been raped. She started getting good acting parts at that time.

Bribery, intimidation, threats... whatever gets the job done. That's the lid committee which Hillary operates. Same committee whose representative ran up alongside Kathleen Willey and mentioned her missing cat by name and noted one of her kids could be next.

Like Marcellus Wallis says in Pulp Fiction, these are just cold, hard, mother-****ing facts of life: Slick Clinton is a psychopath and a serial rapist, Hillary Clinton is a psychopathic serial rapist enabler, and any political party which would even think about running Hillary Clinton for president is basically a criminal endeavor.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 09:16 am
Thomas wrote:
blatham wrote:

That's kkkonceivable. Of kkkourse, in a akkkommon-sense kkkonsideration the kkkaliber of the kkkharacter in kkkuestion - I mean here a kkkalculation of his kkkognitive kkkomfort (re kkkompos mentis) kkkomplimentary to his kkkonceptions of stars and stripes kkkonstancy - would we expect him to help in the essential effort towards denying support to the enemy and thus place his american shoulder to the big freedom wheel with his new kkkomander kkklinton, or would he work to subvert america like some kkkrazed kkkommie kkkunt?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 09:23 am
Great. Now A2KKK is officially on the NSA's To-Warrantlessly-Wiretap list. ThanKKKs, Blatham!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 03:19 pm
blatham wrote:
Thomas wrote:
blatham wrote:

That's kkkonceivable. Of kkkourse, in a akkkommon-sense kkkonsideration the kkkaliber of the kkkharacter in kkkuestion - I mean here a kkkalculation of his kkkognitive kkkomfort (re kkkompos mentis) kkkomplimentary to his kkkonceptions of stars and stripes kkkonstancy - would we expect him to help in the essential effort towards denying support to the enemy and thus place his american shoulder to the big freedom wheel with his new kkkomander kkklinton, or would he work to subvert america like some kkkrazed kkkommie kkkunt?

I think you'll find that is "Amerikkkkka".
0 Replies

username

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 03:42 pm
There are only THREE k's in AmeriKKKa, dlowan, just as there are only three k's in gungasnaKKKe. check out his posts for the authoritative spelling of words containing the velar plosive.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 03:50 pm
username wrote:
There are only THREE k's in AmeriKKKa, dlowan, just as there are only three k's in gungasnaKKKe. check out his posts for the authoritative spelling of words containing the velar plosive.

Laughing

I'm a rebel, and I'll never ever be any good
I'm a rebel and I'll never ever do what I should

:wink:
0 Replies

username

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 03:56 pm
da doo ron ron
0 Replies