coqui86

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 02:12 pm
Hi, its me coqui86. How's it goin? First of all, I want to clear things up, I am not mad at my mom for the shot on the contrary, I'm happy I wont have to panic. ( My past entry was Question..... I need advice). If I get the shot, of course I will keep using condoms better chance not to get pregnant and helps me prevent STDs. Now, its Friday I dont think I will get the shot this weekend but hopefully next week, I will. Which is better for me to make sure I am not pregnant, I mean we've always used protection but you never know..... Now, Monday, August 11 is the 2nd week since I had sex (the last time I had sexual intercourse was on July 28). My question is, how long do you have to wait to know If you're pregnant or not? 2 weeks right? How long do you have to wait to take a pregnancy test? And which pregnancy test (over the counter) is more accurate that I could buy? Thank- you so much, You guys been helping me alot. Thank you. Razz
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,120 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Olen

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2003 12:59 pm
Pregnancy---STD
cquoi86: Your questions will be answered with a little more time. The smartest thing to do, is to cease and desist the sexual activity. I know it feels good, but the man that uses you in that way has no respect for you, much less, love you. He wouldn't put anyone through that anxiety he cares about. You should care enough about yourself to protect what self respect you have left. It isn't too late. ( I hope ).
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2003 03:05 pm
Olen, how did you get all that? Are you projecting?
0 Replies

Olen

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2003 05:48 pm
Craven: I just took the situation, based on the concerns and questions, and tried to give as streight-forward advice as I could without offending anyone. We all need to practice restraint in some areas. Sometimes it takes lots of willpower.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2003 06:01 pm
Welcome back, Coqui. My best advice to you is to seek out the counselors at a family planning clinic such as Planned Parenthood. You can find one near you here on their website. Just enter your zipcode.Planned Parenthood

Don't worry about money. They operate on a sliding scale based on need and ability to pay. They can give you a pregnancy test and answer all your other questions. If you prefer to do a home test, they will advise you on which brand is the most reliable.

Planned Parenthood is where I went to for my birth control needs as a young woman short on finances many years ago. They are an amazing wealth of information on woman's health, family planning and sex education.

Best of all, most of their staff are people who have "been there" and understand what you're going through and know what questions you need to ask and have answered.

Here's another page on the Planned Parenthood website that deals with Teen issues and the questions teens have.

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/teens/
0 Replies

coqui86

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2003 09:16 pm
???????????????????
Question Olen, what the hell are you talking about?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2003 09:45 pm
Don't worry about that Coqui, some people are just allergic to sex and have odd reactions to it. Wink
0 Replies