I'm in love with myself

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 02:47 pm
I'm 28 now and this is probably the first time I can say I know what it is to love oneself.
I love me. I really do.
I don't only understand what people are saying about loving oneself first now, I know it. I know it's true. Anything else is like generic beans compared to Heinz or a steak dinner. No going back.
Knew you'd want to know that.

Also curious when you discovered this for yourself? Or did you always have it, learn it from some parents or situations that did a bang up job , or simply make some choices that kept you out of loser bf/gfs enough for it develop naturally?

Was it a ka-pow moment or soft n sweet?

Thanks .
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,094 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Coolwhip

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 03:06 pm
Thats fine, just stay away from deep ponds and rivers with silent waters. Smile
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 03:13 pm
Ive seen you in the mirror
When the story began
And I fell in love with you
I love yer mortal sin
Yer brains are locked away
But I love your company
I only ever leave you when you got no money
I got no emotions for anybody else
You better understand Im in love with my self
My beautiful self

A no feelings a no feelings
A no feelings
For anybody else

Hello and goodbye in a run around sue
You follow me around like a pretty pot of glue
I kick you in the head you got nothing to say
Get out of the way cos I gotta get away
You never realise I take the piss out of you
You come up and see me and Ill beat you black and blue
Okay Ill send you away

I got no feelings a no feelings
No feelings for anybody else
Exept for my self my beautiful self dear

There aint no moonlight after midnight
I see you stupid people out looking for delight
Well Im so happy Im feeling so fine
Im watching all the rubbish youre wasting my time
I look around your house and theres nothing to steal
I kick you in the brains when you get down to kneel
And pray you pray to your god

No feelings a no feelings
No feelings for anybody else
Exept for my self
Your daddys gone away
Be back another day
See his picture hanging on your wall
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 03:26 pm
moments of realization? definitely breakups. i was in an 8 years long relationship that ate away at my confidence and self esteem. each time we broke up (3 times total), i felt stronger, better, more complete, more interesting, more me than anytime before.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 03:30 pm
Mushypancakes, I'd like to ask you a few questions: Why? Why do you love yourself? What is it about yourself that you love? What were you doing at the moment you discovered, "Hey, I LOVE me!"? Were you looking at yourself in a mirror? Giving to a homeless person? Saving a victim from a burning car wreck?

I believe that the feeling of loving oneself is fleeting. Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't. Life is a series of peaks and valleys.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 03:51 pm
it's like loving whoever else, in that sense. sometimes you know you love them, sometimes you think you hate them, sometimes you think "what the hell were you thinking, you wuss..."..... but you still love that person anyway.

same with self.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 04:55 pm
I think I always loved myself http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/he_and_she/tender.gif

Sometimes I don't like myself, but I'll get over it fast!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 05:35 pm
My mother always said that you can't expect other people to love you if you don't love yourself first. Same thing for being your own best friend. Ya gotta like being with you because you're the only one you can't get away from.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 08:56 pm
JPB wrote:
My mother always said that you can't expect other people to love you if you don't love yourself first. Same thing for being your own best friend. Ya gotta like being with you because you're the only one you can't get away from.

My mother said the same thing. Wasn't that wonderful advice? Thanks Moms!Very Happy
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 08:02 am
My mother was more inclined to remark, "Remember, you're the one who has to live with herself."
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 08:09 am
CAn I watch while you love yourself?

A video will do.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 02:07 pm
kickycan wrote:
Mushypancakes, I'd like to ask you a few questions: Why? Why do you love yourself? What is it about yourself that you love? What were you doing at the moment you discovered, "Hey, I LOVE me!"? Were you looking at yourself in a mirror? Giving to a homeless person? Saving a victim from a burning car wreck?

I believe that the feeling of loving oneself is fleeting. Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't. Life is a series of peaks and valleys.

I think I discovered it after years of dogging on myself and finding out how hard life can be when you're not on your own side.
Put in a lot of work and did a lot of things I haven't particularly wanted to do to see if there was any reason Not to love myself. So I guess I earned my respect back.
It was nothing dramatic, just a "Hey, I don't hate myself anymore. I like me, hell, I love me, I rock!"
I think I was getting up from bed and blessing my lucky stars.

I've got reasons but even if I couldn't think of any now, I'd still love me. Why not? It's a better life. I tend to go with what works even if it takes me a long time to figure it out.

If/when I have kids, will surely be instilling this in my kids. That will be a big priority.

It's a celebration. 28 years of a rocky marriage finally getting some loving feeling.
0 Replies