i need to be heard

jelly

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 03:29 pm
i would really like it if someone has an advice for me.my problem is i lake confidence ,people walk all over me.i was told if you fake confidence you would you might become confidence(fake tell you make it),so how can i fake it.another problem i don't get used to people very easy,it takes along time for me and i have a hard time coming up with any thing to say,so what kind of topics should i start a conversation. i know it sounds kind of stupid but it is really a big problem for me.i want to be able to stand up in the middle of the lecture and ask a question with out being afraid that i wold be made fun of.i would like it if people don't tell me to raise my voice because they can't hear me,i hate it when i talk i am completely ignored alit of times and have to repeat what i said a couple of times
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 696 • Replies: 7
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 05:09 pm
What you may very well need are acting classes.

I'm not kidding.

Of course you're not really going on stage on Broadway, but you could get some confidence and also learn to project your voice better.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 05:17 pm
That may well help.

I used to be very shy, and tended to murmur instead of speaking in a fashion that people could hear me. (Stop mumbling, said my grandmother.)

I got less shy when I got a job and felt comfortable in it, the day I turned sixteen - an after school job. I gradually got much more interested in how others were feeling, and sympathized more with them than I had before.

Acting classes might work for that too, to take you out of yourself, at the same time also learning more about yourself.
0 Replies

bottledup

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 08:35 pm
taking acting classes sounds like a great idea..
You seem like you did not grow up in the US.. no offense
but it looks like you are now realizing that here it is a culture of making yourself count... and with that I mean,,, even in small conversations..

you just have to accept and live with this truth

Speak up or you would be forgotten..
good luck
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 08:52 pm
Jelly, you have been posting this same problem since 2005 and people have given you good advice, but you don't respond. I suggest you see a therapist.
0 Replies

jelly

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 09:20 am
sorryGreen Witch,
but their advies isn't an options where i come from nor is yous,please don't post anything on my post again and just i am a weaker personality and have a proble improving my self that i need a shrink
0 Replies

jelly

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 09:20 am
sorryGreen Witch,
but their advies isn't an options where i come from nor is yous,please don't post anything on my post again and just i am a weaker personality and have a problem improving my self that i need a shrink
0 Replies

MagicBlackCat

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 09:41 am
I read a book once called "Feel the fear and do it anyway." Basically the premise was to acknowledge that you have the fear then envision yourself being successful at it and then just do it. It's not easy I know as I have fear of public speaking (talking in circles, making no sense) but I have forced myself to do it often so that now when I'm thrown into a situation on short notice, I actually push back the fear, tell myself "I CAN do it" and jump in with both feet. Practice, Practice, Practice.
0 Replies