Ultimate Assault Rifle

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 09:44 am
The thing that grabs me about America's gun laws, aside from the fact that they're basically all unconstitutional, is the basic inanity of them. "Assault weapons" are a case in point. There are basically two definitions of an assault weapon, i.e. a political and a military definition.

The political definition is basically just anything which, on a scale of one to ten for being scary looking to demokkkrats, goes much over a six.

The real military definition is more complex. Most assume a weapon has to be at least semi-automatic and preferably automatic to quality but, in real life, that's not really necessary. In fact in real life, most people attempting to fire any military weapon in full auto mode will never hit anything with it.

What you really want and need for an assault weapon are things which work well in assault situations:

• Big enough to injure a human adversary badly enough to take him out of the battle.
  • Otherwise fairly small, easy to load up with lots of ammo and carry lots of ammo around.
  • Accurate.
  • Quick (aimed) follow on shots. This eliminates the idea of taking 600 meter shots with an assault rifle. One guy in the squad carries something which CAN do that.
  • Light, easy to manipulate.

Add to that list the ideas that it would be good if the thing never jammed and were easy to clean. Add all of that up, and what I come up with is a lot different from the pictures you usually see:

http://san1.atlanta.gbhinc.com/GB/079808000/79808244/pix1781926187.jpg

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=79808244

That's basically a Henry lever-action rifle in 22 wmr caliber, which is basically a $330 item on Gunbroker or at BassPro or Gander Mountain. Couple that with some of the hotter WMR ammo and you have a 40-gr bullet moving just over 2000 fps which can be totally cleaned by pulling one of your string type cleaners through the bore.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 751 • Replies: 11
No top replies

kuvasz

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 11:46 pm
That gun?

Its for pussies

I defend my home with a real man's weaponry.

Let me introduce you to my little friend!

http://www.brookings.edu/FP/PROJECTS/NUCWCOST/davy6.jpg

The Davy Crockett, a nuclear tipped recoiless rifle. Hell. hittin' a Ruskie with one of these reminds me of shooting wombats in the head back home, 'cepting the Ruskies glow in the dark a bit more.

The Davy Crockett consists of an XM-388 projectile launched from either a 120-millimeter (XM-28) or 155-millimeter (XM-29) recoilless rifle (the 120 millimeter version is shown above). This weapon had a maximum range of 1.24 miles (120 millimeter) to 2.49 miles (155 millimeter). The XM-388 casing (including the warhead and fin assembly) weighed 76 pounds, was 30 inches long and measured 11 inches in diameter (at its widest point).

http://www.brookings.edu/FP/PROJECTS/NUCWCOST/DAVYC.HTM

And a shout-out to the local Big Eddies Army/Navy Surplus Store for stocking them!

Sing along......

Davey, Davey Crockett

Nothing's better than a nuclear rockett
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 05:09 am
You know, there's gonna come a day when you're gonna be sitting around chuckling about how much brighter you are than all the knuckle-dragging losers who still believing in things like the US constitution, and justice in the form of a left-wing wolf-release wolf is gonna walk straight up through the door, look at you and say

Quote:

Bless, O Lord, this food to my use and me to thy service, and make me ever mindful of the needs of others, Amen.

and you're probably thinking that leftover hippies STINK too bad for a wolf to try to eat, but this is gonna be the one wolf in all of North America with a cold or a bad sinus infection that day, and you're gonna be sitting there wishing you'd paid attention one of those times the snake had some good free advice about firearms on A2K.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 07:43 am
gungasnake wrote:
You know, there's gonna come a day when you're gonna be sitting around chuckling about how much brighter you are than all the knuckle-dragging losers who still believing in things like the US constitution, and justice in the form of a left-wing wolf-release wolf is gonna walk straight up through the door, look at you and say

No, actually it is whenever I read your idiotic mouth-breathing remarks that I get that feeling of superiority (and empathy towards retards), especially when it is your fellow travellers who have supported a political regime which has spent 7 years buggering the US Constitution with your full support because you're afraid a couple of towel heads.
Quote:

Bless, O Lord, this food to my use and me to thy service, and make me ever mindful of the needs of others, Amen.

and you're probably thinking that leftover hippies STINK too bad for a wolf to try to eat, but this is gonna be the one wolf in all of North America with a cold or a bad sinus infection that day, and you're gonna be sitting there wishing you'd paid attention one of those times the snake had some good free advice about firearms on A2K.

I own a shotgun, a rifle and three handguns and carry one when I travel because I hold a permit to carry a concealed weapon, and I used to sell ammo for skeet shooting. so your alleged tutorial is worthless. you guys ought to reboot your wetware because you're just too wrapped up in your fantasies and caricatures of how limp wristed us liberal are to notice that some liberals actually could shoot you in the face with a nice tight pattern and not greave about it.

btw, the only free advice about firearms you need is to try something not quite so dangerous in your efforts to project your "manliness so you don't hurt yourself or others with your lame, adolescent machismo.

You're just pissed that my nuclear tipped recoiless rifle is bigger than yours.

if you had checked out the "Davey" you would have seen how crazy the weapon was since it could kill within a radius of miles yet not be very accurate, thus potentially killing those who actually fired it with radiation; possibly a minor flaw some might say with a tactical battlefield weapon
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 04:11 pm
The original point I was trying to make, which would obvious enough to normal people as opposed to leftards, is that the laws are basically inane and that the several of the basic definitions which the laws use are idiotic and irrelevant to anything in the real world.

The fact that all of that went straight over YOUR head doesn't change anything.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 04:21 pm
gungasnake wrote:
The fact that all of that went straight over YOUR head doesn't change anything.

What's wrong with skipping the preliminaries and going straight to making fun of you?

We all know that's where it's going anyway, so I guess in a sense you're right! It doesn't change anything.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 06:26 pm
assualt-shmault.

gotta use the right tool for the job;

http://nature.ca/notebooks/images/mongoose.gif
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 08:22 pm
kuvasz wrote:

you guys ought to reboot your wetware because you're just too wrapped up in your fantasies and caricatures of how limp wristed us liberal are to notice that some liberals actually could shoot you in the face with a nice tight pattern and not greave about it.

Make that another liberal that would gladly shoot gungasnake in the face should the need arise (the only hard decision would be whether to use my shotgun, one of my glocks, or the AR15).
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 09:27 pm
Then again, several here are clearly in need of help which is above my own pay grade....
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 02:42 pm
gungasnake wrote:
Then again, several here are clearly in need of help which is above my own pay grade....

He he, sometimes my dyslexia kicks in...instead of pay grade, I accidentally read "gay pride". Oddly, I didn't even bat an eye.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 02:55 pm
candidone1 wrote:
gungasnake wrote:

He he, sometimes my dyslexia kicks in...instead of pay grade, I accidentally read "gay pride". Oddly, I didn't even bat an eye.
gunga is not gay; gay implies satisfied with life.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 02:55 pm
Why would anyone want to shoot gunga. Hes so adept at his own self destruction.

PS, Id love to own a Barett.
0 Replies