1
   

RELATIVELY SPEAKING: WE R LOOKING GOOD

 
 
Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 12:04 am
During the 2nd World War, we defeated the nazis and the Japs.

During the 3rd World War, communism fell of its own wate,
after we, the freedom lovers, successfully used force to contain it.

Now, the 4th World War consists of some disgruntled Moslems
inflicting miscellaneous acts of vandalism n murder.

It seems to me,
that we r a lot better off now, than we were when communism or nazism
threatened to enslave the world.

David
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,667 • Replies: 41
No top replies

 
agrote
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 01:25 am
Re: RELATIVELY SPEAKING: WE R LOOKING GOOD
OmSigDAVID wrote:
During the 2nd World War, we defeated the nazis and the Japs.

During the 3rd World War, communism fell of its own wate,
after we, the freedom lovers, successfully used force to contain it.

Now, the 4th World War consists of some disgruntled Moslems
inflicting miscellaneous acts of vandalism n murder.

It seems to me,
that we r a lot better off now, than we were when communism or nazism
threatened to enslave the world.

David


Yeah. Well done America, you big bully. Winning a war is nothing to be proud of. It should be a relief, perhaps, but nothing more. Killing housands and thousands of human beings might, in some cases, be something that needs to be done, but it's not something to be celebrated. Even the nazis were human beings, made of flesh and blood, with similar passions and anxieties to you and I.
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 03:18 am
Re: RELATIVELY SPEAKING: WE R LOOKING GOOD
agrote wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:
During the 2nd World War, we defeated the nazis and the Japs.

During the 3rd World War, communism fell of its own wate,
after we, the freedom lovers, successfully used force to contain it.

Now, the 4th World War consists of some disgruntled Moslems
inflicting miscellaneous acts of vandalism n murder.

It seems to me,
that we r a lot better off now, than we were when communism or nazism
threatened to enslave the world.

David


Yeah. Well done America, you big bully.

True




Quote:
Winning a war is nothing to be proud of.

BALONEY !




Quote:
It should be a relief, perhaps, but nothing more.

Double Baloney !




Quote:
Killing housands and thousands of human beings might,
in some cases, be something that needs to be done,
but it's not something to be celebrated.

TRIPLE BALONEY !





Quote:
Even the nazis were human beings,
made of flesh and blood, with similar passions and anxieties to you and I.

If u say so;
( but the commies were much worse ).

David
0 Replies
 
agrote
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 04:06 am
Re: RELATIVELY SPEAKING: WE R LOOKING GOOD
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Quote:
Killing housands and thousands of human beings might,
in some cases, be something that needs to be done,
but it's not something to be celebrated.

TRIPLE BALONEY !


You actually think that killing thousands and thousands of human beings is something to be celebrated?!

And people said my views on sexuality were chilling...
0 Replies
 
fresco
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 04:15 am
If "good" for us is about our actual and expected body count, then
OmSigDAVID might be correct. The problem for his thesis is that WMD now makes body count expectancy rates uncertain.
0 Replies
 
agrote
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 05:40 am
If Americans care more about the lives of Americans than the lives of other human beings, then Americans are pretty discriminatory. That wouldn't have been so bad a long time ago, but what with globalisation and everything, I think Americans themselves (and everybody else on the planet) would be better off if they saw all humans as equal.

I can't see much incentive to overcome other prejudices, such as speciesism. But xenophobia/eurocentrism/whateveryouwanttocall it probably does the west more harm than good, in this age. Let's keep the body count down for humans in general.
0 Replies
 
helmi15
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 06:22 am
I think life is better than ever in most western countries, especially in Europe. Hopefully the European Union will grow in addition. That will ensure peace, I think.

But for example in Africa or Asia the situation is different. I wouldn't want to live in North Korea.....

So, I think no one could really judge about the situation in our world. It's always subjective.


To me all the people around the world are equal concerning their rights and I try to treat everyone the same way.

I personally see myselfe, as an Austrian, then as a citizen of the European Union and and at least as a part of the human race and the universe... Smile
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 07:45 am
fresco wrote:
If "good" for us is about our actual and expected body count,
then OmSigDAVID might be correct.

The goal was self defense,
in preservation of our own freedom;
i.e., the goal was to win each of those wars.
We succeeded, each time.
However, success in the 2nd World War was more difficult and expensive
because of its violence.

Success in the 3rd World War against the commies home base,
the USSR was achieved peacefully, in that we did not directly engage the USSR.
THe 3rd World War consisted, in large part,
of a series of relatively small wars, e.g., Korea and Viet Nam.
Some people bellieve that in order for slavery ( e.g., nazism or communism )
to survive, it must metastasize.
We contained it to death.




A low body count is OK,
as long as we WIN the war.
We did
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 08:27 am
Re: RELATIVELY SPEAKING: WE R LOOKING GOOD
agrote wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Quote:
Killing housands and thousands of human beings might,
in some cases, be something that needs to be done,
but it's not something to be celebrated.

TRIPLE BALONEY !


Quote:
You actually think that killing thousands and thousands of human beings
is something to be celebrated?!

If thay r socialists, like nazis or commies: YES.
I think that;


( it depends on who got killed ).

When General MacArthur broke the back of the communist Korean army,
I was very, very happy.

When the Rosenbergs were fried in 1953,
I was pleased, IN THE EXTREME.

When Salvatore Allende was driven to suicide,
I was ineffably delighted.

When Romanian commies Nicolae and Elena Ceausescu
were killed with submachineguns on Christmas Day of 1989,
I felt intense felicity and GLEE.
It was a WONDERFUL Christmas present for Romania and for the world
.

When the commies and pinkos
were massacered in Indonesia in the Fall of 1965,
I was thrilled and elated, in ecstatic euforia: overwhelmed with JOY.

What is IMPORTANT is winning the war.
The body count is only a detail, toward that goal.





Quote:
And people said my views on sexuality were chilling...

I don 't know that vu,
so I can 't comment until I do.

David
0 Replies
 
dyslexia
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 08:47 am
Well, I do know that I feel much safer since we beat the crap out of Grenada.
Now if we just just ban blue hairs in Buicks, teenagers in pimped hondas and soccer moms in suv's from driving in grocery market parking lots I would really feel safe.
0 Replies
 
OGIONIK
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 08:51 am
whats wrong with communism exactly?

i hear alot of anti communist talk but i have never heard one reason for it, is there a reason?

or is it merely the corruption of communism i hear about?
0 Replies
 
akaMechsmith
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 10:31 am
It's the corruption or abuse of an economic idea. All species and societies must attempt to control their environment.

An intelligent society only survives by attempting to control other societies as part of their environment. If you don't win you lose.

So wolves kill caribou and both societies become more fit for their environment.

Seems like humans could do better but perhaps eternal competition is the key to survival of the species.

If the caribou doesn't run he dies. If the wolf doesn't run he dies. If a society doesn't compete it dies.

David attempts to use guns to control his environment. Capitalists attempt to use economics. Religion attempts to use Gods.

"C'est la vie" I didn't make the rules. I merely live (or die) by them.

We don't seem to be bright enough to circumvent them--- yet Sad
0 Replies
 
agrote
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 11:15 am
Re: RELATIVELY SPEAKING: WE R LOOKING GOOD
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Quote:
You actually think that killing thousands and thousands of human beings
is something to be celebrated?!

If thay r socialists, like nazis or commies: YES.
I think that;


That's marvelous. I really hope your guns get stolen soon.
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 11:33 am
Re: RELATIVELY SPEAKING: WE R LOOKING GOOD
agrote wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Quote:
You actually think that killing thousands and thousands of human beings
is something to be celebrated?!

If thay r socialists, like nazis or commies: YES.
I think that;


That's marvelous. I really hope your guns get stolen soon.

I can UNDERSTAND that, agrote.
It is fully paradigmatic,
in that the spirit of larceny lives in the heart of socialists.
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 11:43 am
OGIONIK wrote:
whats wrong with communism exactly?

i hear alot of anti communist talk but i have never heard one reason for it, is there a reason?

or is it merely the corruption of communism i hear about?

Communism was the most thorough going, in depth despotism in the history of the world.
It was not satisfied to regulate the conduct of its slaves,
but it demanded thought-control.
For instance,
when we captured North Koreans or Red Chinese soliders
in the Korean War, we found them carrying pocket diaries
wherein thay were required to list all of their thoughts of that day.
Thay told us that thay were never supposed to think of sex;
instead, thay were required to think of the communist party.

The books were inspected by the commisar ( the thought police ).
The troops were in severe peril, if he doubted that thay had been fully fortcoming
in their inscriptions.
( just an example )

David
0 Replies
 
agrote
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 01:11 pm
Is there anything wrong with Marxism at it's core, though? If a country actually implemented Marxist communism properly (I don't think this has ever been done), might that country be a good place to live?

How do you define communism, David?
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 04:54 pm
agrote wrote:


Quote:
Is there anything wrong with Marxism at it's core, though?

Robbing people of all of their property ?
Yeah there is something rong with Marxism at its core.


Quote:
If a country actually implemented Marxist communism properly
(I don't think this has ever been done), might that country be a good place to live?

No.
It wud be a place of slavery.
That is not a good place to live; better to be dead; better yet, to kill the commies.


Quote:

How do you define communism, David?

I define it as the hell on earth that it was from 1917
until Christmas Day of 1991.

David
0 Replies
 
agrote
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 05:07 pm
I'm not going to learn a thing from you am I, David.
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 05:09 pm
As u choose.
0 Replies
 
vikorr
 
  1  
Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 12:12 am
Quote:
It seems to me,
that we r a lot better off now, than we were when communism or nazism
threatened to enslave the world.

Considering that the American Economic Empire has enslaved much of the third world, Africa, Sth America, Middle East etc…

Quote:
During the 3rd World War, communism fell of its own wate,
after we, the freedom lovers, successfully used force to contain it.

...then the freedom lovers of the third world should by this logic, be using force against the US to regain their freedom…

Quote:
Quote:

Killing housands and thousands of human beings might,
in some cases, be something that needs to be done,
but it's not something to be celebrated.


TRIPLE BALONEY !


They should by this reasoning, then celebrate the killing of Americans…

Quote:
Quote:
Even the nazis were human beings,
made of flesh and blood, with similar passions and anxieties to you and I.


If u say so;
( but the commies were much worse ).

…and they should not feel any guilt, for they need not see Americans as human, with the same passions and anxieties as them (in the 3rd world)

Quote:
The goal was self defense,
in preservation of our own freedom;
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

How can we be sure? - Discussion by Raishu-tensho
Proof of nonexistence of free will - Discussion by litewave
morals and ethics, how are they different? - Question by existential potential
Destroy My Belief System, Please! - Discussion by Thomas
Star Wars in Philosophy. - Discussion by Logicus
Existence of Everything. - Discussion by Logicus
Is it better to be feared or loved? - Discussion by Black King
 
  1. Forums
  2. » RELATIVELY SPEAKING: WE R LOOKING GOOD
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 12/05/2021 at 04:57:03