Fantech had another lay off.

Montana

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 08:40 am
Mame wrote:
What are friends for, eh? Very Happy

My mother gave me some excellent advice some years ago... write a list on the left detailing all the things you're good at (even what you'd consider non-work things, like talking on the phone, window-shopping, etc), and then on the right, write out all the things you like doing. Just study it a little bit every day and before you know it, various ideas will be popping out at you.

If you think outside the box, as in working in a non-conventional manner, many more things are possible. I happen to like to graze through life rather than eating the same meal every day... more than one friend, more than one job, more than one hobby... it keeps me hopping and I like to hop.

You mother sounds like a smart woman and I think I might make me one of those lists.

I have tons of hobbies and things I enjoy doing, with crafts being my favorite.

I've been snooping around Ebay for some years now and I've thought about becoming an Ebay seller as well. I know my way (pretty much) around Ebay and I can see myself selling craft items.

Very Happy[/quote]
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 08:48 am
Sorry to hear about this. Montana, I feel your pain. I hope things work out for you. I know they will.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 08:50 am
Noddy24 wrote:
Montana--

Check into home care for the elderly--this can pay very well and you can pick and choose your clients.

Oh goodness, that kind of work would drive me mad Shocked

Besides, as mom gets older, the more I need to care for her, so one is enough for this gal.

I always need to do something creative, which is probebly why I'm attracted to assembly work. I also need to do physical work because of my back. If I were to work at home selling on ebay or if I land a job where I can work at home doing something on my computer, I'd exercise periodically throughout the day just so I wouldn't have to deal with the back pain.

I can't work a sit down job outside the house because I'd live with constant pain. I need to move around a lot, so standing in the same spot all the time is even worse than sitting, so my options are limited.

Hey, my neighbour is selling his lobster boat, so maybe I could become a fisher woman Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 08:53 am
Re: Fantech had another lay off.
roger wrote:
Montana wrote:
Before I was laid off, there was a rumor going around the company that they were going under. The company called a huge meeting with all the employees to assure everyone that it wasn't true, but some of us didn't quite buy it, since we had already been lied too.

Let me tell you something, Montana; when a company, any company, has an employee meeting to assure them there will be no layoffs, there will be a layoff. If they tell them the company isn't going under, that means the layoff will be permanant.

Yeah, I learned that in this experience of mine.

Boy, it sure pisses me off when people mess with my life!

I've never been lied too by any company that I've worked for, so this was all new to me.

Bastids Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 08:56 am
Re: Fantech had another lay off.
jespah wrote:
roger wrote:
Montana wrote:
Before I was laid off, there was a rumor going around the company that they were going under. The company called a huge meeting with all the employees to assure everyone that it wasn't true, but some of us didn't quite buy it, since we had already been lied too.

Let me tell you something, Montana; when a company, any company, has an employee meeting to assure them there will be no layoffs, there will be a layoff. If they tell them the company isn't going under, that means the layoff will be permanant.

Ayup.

I'm sorry this happened, Montana. Good luck and good resume'ing.

Thanks jes. I'm a survivor and I'll be just fine ;-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 08:57 am
squinney wrote:
What Green Witch said. And. start with your nosey neighbors. You can start with... "I know you enjoy seeing me, so...." Laughing

<Cringe>!!! Shocked
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 08:58 am
Have you thought of nude lawn mowing as a career? I'm sure you'd have more work than you can shake a stick at. And in the winter, you can snowplow.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 08:59 am
Mame wrote:
Or, I'm unemployed and there's a chance you could see more of me... do you have a job? Smile

<Hair stands up on end>

<Eyes bug out>

<Cringe again>
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 09:01 am
kickycan wrote:
Sorry to hear about this. Montana, I feel your pain. I hope things work out for you. I know they will.

Thanks Kicky! I know you're dealing with some major job crap as well and my heart goes out to you.

You're right, everything will work out in time ;-)

Things are gonna work out for you too!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 09:02 am
Mame wrote:
Have you thought of nude lawn mowing as a career? I'm sure you'd have more work than you can shake a stick at. And in the winter, you can snowplow.

Hey, now there's something I think I'd enjoy Cool Laughing
0 Replies