Roman Catholic Bishop Wants Everyone to Call God 'Allah'

Walter Hinteler

Wed 25 May, 2022 11:30 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:
I attended a Catholic service around Christmas. They had a "Holy Family" Sunday, venerating Joseph, Mary, and Jesus. I was disgusted.
You should go to Walsigham, where the tradition of the "holy family" started (in the 11th century):
- in Little Walsingham you've got
--the Anglican Shrine of Our Lady of Walsingham (Church of England),
- - the Chapel of the Life-Giving Spring of the Mother of God (Russian Orthodox).
And in Houghton the Basilica of Our Lady of Walsingham (the "Slipper Chapel") (Roman Catholic National Shrine).
bulmabriefs144

Thu 26 May, 2022 08:09 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Why would I want to do that?

I categorically reject the "Holy Family" idea.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/eb/53/cf/eb53cfaea73c28ce69b501d112f28e8f.jpg

Jesus was not born on Dec 25, btw (sorry, not Tammuz).
How do we know this? Swaddling clothes were not cold weather clothes. The animals were out in the fields. We also know that it was during the census time, which would have been done during warmer months when travel was easier. He was probably born closer to Easter.
Walter Hinteler

Thu 26 May, 2022 09:35 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:
Why would I want to do that?
To see that many Christian churches have the tradition of the "Holy Family".

✝ J.M.J. ✝
Martin Luther rejected the invocation of the saints (and thus Saint Nicholas).`
But the reformer gave the impetus for the Christ Child. (Today, 500 years later, the Protestant Christ Child enters Catholic living rooms and Father Christmas now gives presents to Protestant children).
Since that time, the "Holy Family" has also been venerated by Lutherans and other Protestant churches
bulmabriefs144

Thu 26 May, 2022 07:12 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
It still doesn't make it right.

Some people in remote places eat worms to live. I don't think you want to visit just to see how many of them do that. It's depressing. Similarly, I find this belief disgusitng.

Luther had a number of beliefs that he didn't stand firmly enough for. Luther also said this about Revelation:
Quote:
About this Book of the Revelation of John, I leave everyone free to hold his own opinions. I would not have anyone bound to my opinion or judgment. I say what I feel. I miss more than one thing in this book, and it makes me consider it to be neither apostolic nor prophetic.

First and foremost, the apostles do not deal with visions, but prophesy in clear and plain words, as do Peter and Paul, and Christ in the gospel. For it befits the apostolic office to speak clearly of Christ and his deeds, without images and visions. Moreover there is no prophet in the Old Testament, to say nothing of the New, who deals so exclusively with visions and images. For myself, I think it approximates the Fourth Book of Esdras; I can in no way detect that the Holy Spirit produced it.

Moreover he seems to me to be going much too far when he commends his own book so highly—indeed, more than any of the other sacred books do, though they are much more important—and threatens that if anyone takes away anything from it, God will take away from him, etc. Again, they are supposed to be blessed who keep what is written in this book; and yet no one knows what that is, to say nothing of keeping it. This is just the same as if we did not have the book at all. And there are many far better books available for us to keep.

Many of the fathers also rejected this book a long time ago; although St. Jerome, to be sure, refers to it in exalted terms and says that it is above all praise and that there are as many mysteries in it as words. Still, Jerome cannot prove this at all, and his praise at numerous places is too generous.

Finally, let everyone think of it as his own spirit leads him. My spirit cannot accommodate itself to this book. For me this is reason enough not to think highly of it: Christ is neither taught nor known in it. But to teach Christ, this is the thing which an apostle is bound above all else to do; as Christ says in Acts 1, “You shall be my witnesses.” Therefore I stick to the books which present Christ to me clearly and purely.

Yet he really ought to have left this explanation, and cut the book entirely. The Lutherans might have been the first of many to fight the Catholic acceptance of Revelation. Instead, the church continues to support this unholy book of false prophecy.
0 Replies