What does leisure tourism mean? Also suggest some great leisure places in India?

pataria

Mon 29 Apr, 2013 03:14 am
I want to know about tourism during free time .
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,404 • Replies: 2
Topic Closed
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by pataria
shubhi01
  Selected Answer

Tue 30 Apr, 2013 12:58 am
@pataria,
Leisure tourism is tourism for a purpose other than business. One visiting another place for their own entertainment or other benefit would be participating in leisure tourism.
In India you can visit places like Manali, Dharamsala, Ooty, Kerala, Char Dham in Uttarakhand for spiritual peace, historical places like golden triangle (Delhi-Agra-Jaipur), Wildlife National Parks, For adventure, Frozen River Chader Trek in Zanskar range i.e. Part of the Tethys Himalaya. Etc.
cicerone imposter

Tue 30 Apr, 2013 06:47 pm
@shubhi01,
India has some very good game parks including Rathambore and Kaziranga. They have great temples all over the country, and even grand palaces over and beyond the Taj Mahal. What I found most interesting was that some places in India were settled by people from other countries (besides the Brits) including France, Portugal, and China.

Vasco da Gama is entombed in Cochin in the Church of St Francis.

I was in Portugal recently, and visited the Jeronimos Monastery, but his tomb there is empty.

One can learn much historical trivia from travel. Mr. Green

0 Replies