vitamins, in u.s.a local store like cvs

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 12:35 am
ok so, i'm short... not tall as my friends in high skool, my lil bro is bigger than me just by a little couple inches or something hes 13.. and i'm 16... i have broken my leg.. left ... when i was 4, had surgery ... and i was wondering if there are any good vitamins in a local store like cvs...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 747 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 12:40 am
Vitamins for what?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 03:54 am
Vitamins won't make you taller. However, calcium will help with bone growth and good nutrition in general is just, well, good for you. But try to get it from food rather than pills, and be patient. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither were you.
0 Replies

dscreations

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 05:59 pm
lol ok, ive been using bone growth and ive been grownin faster... so i was wondering if there is anything stronger..
0 Replies

JamesMorrison

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 09:03 pm
dscreations;

Using "bone growth"? What is that?

Two things come to mind: Growth hormone and testosterone.
The effect of the former is self explanatory. The latter, among other things, is the natural antagonist of estrogen. Since one of the effects of estrogen is to close off the lengthening of the long bones (arms and legs), testosteronic or androgenic antagonism results in these bones growing longer. This is why women (net greater producers of estrogen) are generally shorter then men. It is the presence of relatively greater amounts of estrogen over testosterone that stops the lengthening of the long bones.

Given the individual has not reached the stage of post pubescence where the long bones have completed growing to their final length, the above compounds can be administered with some efficacy. Vitamins can be thought as catalysts to enhance biological processes without actually taking part in them, but the hormones, in this case, effect the actual changes of the growth processes.

In short it is the hormones that are the "stronger" molecules that produce the desired result of growth, not vitamins.

The assumption here is that you are a male such as your brother. But even that as a given does not remove the requirement that you should see a physician for a proper diagnosis and resolution of your perceived deficiency of height.

JM
0 Replies