I Hate Chuck-E-Cheese's!

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 03:36 pm
I went into one for the first time yesterday. B thought it would be a Very Fun Place for M.

I hated it.

Am I a loser? Does any one here like this .... joint?

I guess people go in there so that kids can play and eat (greasy pizza) at the same time. Bad idea. Bad. Bad. Bad. Who thought of it? Why?

The place was over-RUN with unruly, misbehaved kids. I guess parents felt that that's the point of being in a place like that. That you can just allow children free rein in such a place. Jeez. Kids running around, bumping into people and other LITTLE children. Food squelching underfoot. Man!

M was in the (should've-been-gentler) Toddler section. She was the ONLY toddler there. 6-14 yrs-olds were running around - climbing up & down the 'rides' and playing cowboys-and-indians. Yeah. I was the Nasty, Overprotective Mum, but managed to still politely tell one little (must've been about 8-9 yrs) boy to watch where he stepped after he LITerally knocked M over.

I hate HATE Chuck-E-Cheese's.

B wants to take M back there tonight. *sob*
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,908 • Replies: 66
No top replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 04:05 pm
Did M have a good time?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 04:05 pm
You're not the only one. I hate it too.

Mo loves it.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 04:11 pm
I have found (with first nephews, and then sons) that Chuck E Cheese's has a big appeal with 6 to 9 year old boys.

I didn't mind it that much, and playing the games with kids is kind of fun.

Maybe this is one of those male-female things. I hate shopping for shoes.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 04:12 pm
Boy am I glad that we're past this age level already. The first time I went to Chuck-E-Cheese, I had no idea what this place might be. Shocking!!
From then on I just was either dropping off or picking up, didn't go into
one ever since. It's an awful place!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 04:23 pm
I am probably incapable of going into a Chuck E Cheese. My cousins' boys liked it for a while, but they were older than two. I went once with them, seem to remember raw craziness.

I've not had children, but have been with my niece out to restaurants often, from age 2 - 19. She was always with adults and she was always pretty good and attentive, even at two. Grew up to be an excellent cook and food critic...
I guess I have a personal shudder factor with connecting play and restaurants. It seems to me something you'd then have to un-teach.
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 06:07 pm
I haven't been to one since I was probably 9 and that's been more than a decade ago, but I remember it being crazy. I do remember that they sold beer by the pitcher along with the pizza, and if they still do that I can understand why some parents find the place tolerable.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 09:01 pm
There isn't enough alcohol in the world to make that place tolerable for me. I hatehatehated it.

On the other hand, Hubby thought it was sorta fun. Guess who got to take SonofEva there.

Now it's Incredible Pizza Co. Same story, just slightly older kids.

I don't go there, either. I'd lose what's left of my hearing. God, that place is LOUD!!!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 09:15 pm
I took my son there once.

Only once!!!!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 09:17 pm
I don't think we have Incredible Pizza out here, but there is always
Dave & Buster and the likes Twisted Evil
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 06:05 am
I ( yes me..) was the one who had this idea for Jillian a while back.

about.. eh.. 3 weeks ago, we took ten bucks and walked into C-e-c .
We went there knowing we are not going to buy or eat that.. so called pizza. So we were able to get in and out cheap.

Jillian was quite unsure the whole time, but she did enjoy her self.

Dad and I saw a few..... REALLLLLLY odd parents.

One mother dressed her .. maybe 9 year old daughter like a slut.
Literally.
She had on clear plastic high heels. Maybe 4 inch heels.
A too tight, too small tank top and a skirt that barely covered her ass.
Bright gold cheap jewlery and... makeup .......

I was watching that girl and wondering how in the world she was comfortable in that get up, and questioned her all around safety. Ian was wondering how in the world her mother let her walk out of the house like that...

then her mother walked over...

looking just like her daughter. Same childish fashion and all..

I normally do not speak up to parents about how they let their kids dress, because that is JUST not my place. But i was 2 steps from yelling at that woman. I could not believe what I was seeing. But, it is truly not my place so I stayed quiet.

The other children were rude, nasty and loud.
I undertstand that is a place to take your kids and just let them have fun but.. ****..
I ended up having to shadow jillian alot more then she liked. But if I didnt, kids would have kept stepping in front of her in line and she would never have gotten to play. The adults would have shoved her out of the way to get to their own pizza and tables, and some kids were even trying to talk her out of her 'tickets'

Confused
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 06:13 am
Ughhh! I hated that place when my kids were little. I hated when they got party invites to it too.
The worst part was watching them climbing in those overhead gerbil tunnels that are just teeming with germs from other snotty noses.

Thank goodness I never have to do that again!
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 06:29 am
Someone asked who thought of it.

It was created by the guy who invented the first video game - Pong. A true Silicon Valley Pioneer. Nolan Bushnell - also founded Atari.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 06:38 am
I spent exactly 15 minutes in a Chuck n Cheese once. It was my idea of hell: loud, rude children, burned out parents, awful food, garish lighting and an environment made of ugly plastic. I would have spent only seconds, but I noticed the child I was there to pick up was wearing different shoes than the ones he was dropped off with. I made him get his original shoes back, as I knew his mother would not be pleased with the trade.

I also agree with happycat about those gerbil tunnels - petri dishes for childhood diseases. Can you really see anyone going out of their way to clean them?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 08:22 am
I used to love that place when I was a kid.

Then last summer I said to myself, "that's it! No more Chuck E' Cheese."
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 09:11 am
Thank the Lord there is none close enough for us to go to.

We went to one once in Montana when visiting family - that one was not bad. It wasn't very crowded and no one was out of control. Then more recently (this past spring) we went to one in CT. And just as all you described it was horrible - crowded, kids out of control, etc. The one positive was that we ate before we went there so it was only a matter of dealing with an hour of being pushed and shoved by unruly children.

I, too, though am a big fan of Dave and Busters.
0 Replies

outaideas

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 09:13 am
i hate it too. it grosses me out! once in a while my husband takes the girls there for lunch. luckily it isnt so busy then so the chaos level is low, but i make him basically disinfect the kids when they are done!
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 09:27 am
There seems to be an interesting pattern here...

Are there any women who like Chuck E Cheese's?

Are there any men who hate Chuck E Cheese's?

(By the way... I always loved the gerbil tubes).
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 09:34 am
ebrown_p wrote:
There seems to be an interesting pattern here...

Are there any women who like Chuck E Cheese's?

Are there any men who hate Chuck E Cheese's?

(By the way... I always loved the gerbil tubes).

My husband dislikes Chuck E Cheese even more than I do. He was the first to insist on leaving.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 12:54 pm
My ex was with us when we went and he couldn't get out of there fast enough.
0 Replies