Mysteries to me

real life

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 03:16 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
No Real Life...

I want the same thing for my kids in Heaven that I want for them on Earth.

God gives us free will... we have an understanding what what is right or wrong (thanks to the gift of the serpent) and we have the ability to choose. This ability to understand and choose between right and wrong is the very thing that makes us human.

I love my kids I teach them to do what is right and I hope they listen to most of what I teach them (although I understand I am not perfect). But I don't want my kids to be robots. Rather, I want them to have the free will to make the choice by themself.

God gives us free will. I want my kids to have free will. Whether this is in heaven or on Earth doesn't make any difference.

You appear to be somewhat confused, because you started this line by stating you wanted sin in Heaven.

When challenged as to whether you really wanted to allow harmful behaviors such as rape in Heaven, you hedged and opted to allow drunkenness.

When it was pointed out that this too causes harm, you became flustered and began to backtrack.

But if you truly think that sinful behavior should be allowed in Heaven, then either you have to allow the sins you don't like along with the sins you do like......

......or you have to change the definition of sin. That is probably what you would really like to do here.

But unfortunately for you, you had already put your foot in it before you thought much about what you were saying.

Now you claim that you wouldn't want your children on Earth to keep the option to practice behavior that is harmful, but you couldn't seem to draw the same distinction for those in Heaven.

Maybe you ought to think these things thru a bit more carefully before popping off.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 03:34 pm
The fact that God gives us the ability to sin doesn't mean that he advocates sin, does it? This seems to be what you are arguing.

God gave us free will-- he doesn't force us to be good people, he gives us the freedom and the choice. This is a great gift since it allows us to experience being human.

In the same way I don't force my children to do what I want (not that I could, but I wouldn't). I teach them (not force them) but then I understand that part of their being human means they get to make their own choices.

I am far from flustered.

I am just pointing out that God gives us the free will... he let's us make our own choices. This is what is unique about being human.

I don't think God is wrong to allow us to "allow harmful behaviors", do you? (And don't confuse "allowing" with advocating). God understands that without the ability to sin... we wouldn't be able to choose to love.

I think God made a good decision.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 03:54 pm
God doesn't 'allow' us to sin.

Actually, He commands us not to.

If you told your children not to do something and they did it, it would not be correct to say that you 'allowed' it, would it?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 03:57 pm
real life wrote:
God doesn't 'allow' us to sin.

Actually, He commands us not to.

If you told your children not to do something and they did it, it would not be correct to say that you 'allowed' it, would it?

You are getting hung up on the word "allow".

God gave us the ability to sin (by creating the tree of knowledge, but only He could give us that ability).

God may tell us not to do certain things... but He doesn't do any thing to prevent us from doing them.

God could have created beings that were incapable of disobeying Him. Why do you think that he didn't make humans this way?
0 Replies

GlassEmpty

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 09:55 am
Wow.. look what I started, free will convos...
0 Replies