Mysteries to me

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 10:41 am
Whats the differences between Jesus and me? Is he an angel or human or God? If I am a child of God, am i equal to Jesus, is everyone equal in heaven? Does that mean I am equal to God? If I am not equal to my creator, am I not equal to my mother or father on earth? If Satan was in Heaven, and he sinned or what ever, can I not still sin in Heaven? If Jesus went to Hell, can I not go to hell and redeem myself to Heaven? Could Jesus still be in Hell, or is he definitely in Heaven right now?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,116 • Replies: 84
No top replies

mismi

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 10:43 am
no
0 Replies

GlassEmpty

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 10:51 am
no to everything?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 11:05 am
Welcome to the forum, Glass. Hang around for a while and you will see many answers to your questions.

As far as the bible is concerned, Jesus lived and died for a purpose only he could fulfil.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 11:10 am
Re: Mysteries to me
GlassEmpty wrote:
Whats the differences between Jesus and me? Is he an angel or human or God? If I am a child of God, am i equal to Jesus, is everyone equal in heaven? Does that mean I am equal to God? If I am not equal to my creator, am I not equal to my mother or father on earth? If Satan was in Heaven, and he sinned or what ever, can I not still sin in Heaven? If Jesus went to Hell, can I not go to hell and redeem myself to Heaven? Could Jesus still be in Hell, or is he definitely in Heaven right now?

Jesus is 100% God and 100% man. He is not an angel. You are an heir to the throne only if you are a child of God. You have to be a true believer and understand the gospel before that can happen. Even then you are not equal to Jesus...being first born and wholly God - he has privileges. You are not equal to your mother and father on earth either. You have equal rights and privileges but they should always have the distinction of being the ones who brought you into this world. They are the reason you exist. Sin is not allowed in heaven...it is why Satan was cast out. Jesus is not in hell...he is sitting at the right hand side of his Father in Heaven.

Don't get it? Niether do I...I have a finite mind. Some things I just can't explain...but I know.

Glad to have you here...my first answer was a bit smart alecky wasn't it? Sorry. Child calling me - didn't have time to elaborate...shouldn't be on here.. I have a bit of an obsession right now...
0 Replies

GlassEmpty

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 11:26 am
oh
okay.... well then, it is still possible to sin in heaven, so why is it different than earth?
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 11:32 am
wellllllllllllll........................

You don't get kicked off the earth if you sin...you get to stay here and deal with the consequences of your sin until which time the earth as we know it ends or until your life ends. At that time you will spend eternity either with God - or seperated from him. God cannot abide sin...so you could not be with him unless you understood the gift of the Gospel and accepted it.

That is my understanding...
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 12:17 pm
Re: oh
GlassEmpty wrote:
okay.... well then, it is still possible to sin in heaven, so why is it different than earth?

I'll take a stab at this one. Basically, sin is the result of temptation. Without temptation, there would be no sin. Eve was tempted by Satan to disobey God, and thus committed sin. Likewise, we are all tempted to place our will above God's and inevitable sin. It is the belief that in heaven there will be no temptation since the tempter (Satan) will be banished and thus there will be no desire to sin.

Now, if that guess on my part does not satisfy you (and admittedly I am only hazarding an opinion), then all I can say is that I have no other theories and will await what others might want to guess.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 12:21 pm
I think that is a great answer CoastalRat...
0 Replies

GlassEmpty

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 01:41 pm
okay here's something else, if satan sins, cn he be forgiven like us, and by saying that since satan is the temptation, is it also pausible to say that with out satan, man can not sin for we do not have the mind to sin, or that the other angels in heaven don't have the ability to sin becuase satan is no longer there.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 01:53 pm
It doesn't make sense that there is no sin in heaven, this seems to imply that we give up our humanity, and our free will, in order to enter. The explanation that there is no temptation doesn't help since temptation is a part of free will.

Let's say that in heaven I want to have sex with someone I am not married to. Isn't this sin?
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 02:07 pm
Golly, your glass may be half empty, but you are full of questions. :wink:

First, I won't go so far as to say that without Satan, man would not have sinned. Who knows? God gave man free will to choose whether we would follow Him or not. God wanted us to love Him not because we were forced to, but rather because we wanted to. I do believe that with the absence of Satan, there will be no temptation to sin and thus no desire to sin.

As for Satan asking forgiveness, I will only state that Satan has chosen a path in rebellion against God and has set Himself along that path to a point that turning back is not an option. One way to look at it is that just as God is love, Satan is hate. He hates all that is of God. Thus his desire to keep as many as possible from God's love.

Do other angels have the ability to sin? I don't know. God doesn't choose to give us that info and in all honesty it is not necessary info. The Bible is simply God's story of His redemption of man through the work of Christ. So giving us detailed info on angels is not a priority, so to speak.

Hope this helps. And btw, please keep in mind I am only answering your questions to the best of my understanding and years of study. I could find out that the above are not quite acurate when I eventually get to heaven. I will only claim to be sure of my relationship with God through the salvation provided by Christ. Other than that, other questions don't really need answers in my opinion. Which is why you will rarely find me getting into argumentative discussions with non-christians. It's kinda pointless and fruitless in the setting of a forum such as this.

Have a blessed day and welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 02:14 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
It doesn't make sense that there is no sin in heaven, this seems to imply that we give up our humanity, and our free will, in order to enter. The explanation that there is no temptation doesn't help since temptation is a part of free will.

Let's say that in heaven I want to have sex with someone I am not married to. Isn't this sin?

It may not make sense to you or to me, but then if we believe that God is such that He could create all that is, why would we expect to be able to understand something we have not experienced? I only know that God and sin cannot coexist which is what I believe the Bible teaches. As such, there will be no sin in heaven. I may not understand how that can be and it may not make sense, but I will take it on faith that that is so.

I'm sure someone who has studied scriptures to a greater extent than I may well be able to answer a bit better.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 02:28 pm
GlassEmpty wrote:
okay here's something else, if satan sins, cn he be forgiven like us, and by saying that since satan is the temptation, is it also pausible to say that with out satan, man can not sin for we do not have the mind to sin, or that the other angels in heaven don't have the ability to sin becuase satan is no longer there.
Satan, Adam and Eve, not to mention a number of angels who eventually followed Satan, were created perfect (If we are to understand the bible). As such, they chose to sin.

We are imperfect by virtue of our inheritance from Adam and Eve. Sin comes naturally for us.

Those who choose to sin (and practice sin) have sinned against the holy spirit and can not be forgiven. Hence, Paul said in Hebrews 10:26: "For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left."
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 04:52 pm
Satan was never in the Garden of Eden (read your Bible again if you think he was).

It was the Serpant who gets the credit humanity to Adam and Eve. Before they were given this gift of understanding, Adam and Eve were shell, just animated pile of dust. After they ate of the fruit they gained all of the traits that make human beings so wonderful and so unique.

Think through history... sure sin has brought us war and hatred and anger-- but what would humanity be without the struggle, the ability to overcome adversity and the ability to choose (yes choose) to do good in the face of evil.

Without sin there is no poetry as there is no pain and there is self-sacrifice (which needs free will).

Without the ability to be unfaithful, a love that leads to life-long faithfulness is meaningless.

Without the ability to sin, there would be no need for Martin Luther King, there would be no Ghandi and no Corrie Ten Boom or Oskar Schindler. Without sin there is no Jesus.

Saying the serpant behind the greatest gift humanity has ever received is the same as Satan is a grave injustice.

After all, God created the bodies of human beings... it was the serpant who gave them their humanity.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 04:54 pm
Quote:
Don't get it? Niether do I...

Quote:
I may not understand how that can be and it may not make sense, butÂ…

Anyone who claims to have been convinced of the reality of something that they have not yet been able to grasp is lying.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 05:10 pm
echi wrote:
Quote:
Don't get it? Niether do I...

Quote:
I may not understand how that can be and it may not make sense, butÂ…

Anyone who claims to have been convinced of the reality of something that they have not yet been able to grasp is lying.

Not true - I am secure in my knowledge...There are many things that I can't explain - not being a profound and ultra smart person like some folks in this forum. But it doesn't make it untrue - and it doesn't make me a liar. That's a little harsh...big meany....
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 05:46 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Satan was never in the Garden of Eden (read your Bible again if you think he was).

Without the ability to sin, there would be no need for Martin Luther King, there would be no Ghandi and no Corrie Ten Boom or Oskar Schindler. Without sin there is no Jesus.

Saying the serpant behind the greatest gift humanity has ever received is the same as Satan is a grave injustice.

After all, God created the bodies of human beings... it was the serpant who gave them their humanity.

Good Gravy ebrown! In Rev. 3: 7 it talks about the war in heaven - 3:9 - goes on to say that "The great dragon was hurled down - that ancient serpent called the devil or Satan who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him. " Same thing in Rev. 20:2 " He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan,....."

We know the serpent in the garden was Satan. God allowed them to make a choice. Had they used self control and not desired to be like God - as the serpent (SATAN) promised then they would have eaten from the Tree of Life instead of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. But God knew they were going to do it...his plan wasn't foiled - it's not like he was kicking himself for putting the tree there and giving them a choice. He already had a plan....and the plan was his son....John 1:1, 2 "In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning". This is God's Son...He came before sin entered the world. There would have been no need for him to die as propitiation for our sins had sin not entered the world.

God is the one who gave man the ability to love and to laugh and to understand - he gave us creativity and movement - he gave us life. Sin is not the wonderful thing here...it is what causes us to be liars, cheaters, thieves, murderers. It causes jealousy and hatred. It takes good things and makes people argue over them to seperate and keep them from God. Do not credit Satan with making humans likable - or more interesting. He makes us evil and hateful.

I do agree that God was good - he did allow us to enjoy his creation - even in the midst of the darkness that had entered the perfect world he created. And he allows us to become better through our struggles....Satan wants to destroy us. See 1 Peter 5:8 Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 05:48 pm
Naw, they aren't meanies Mismi. They just strongly disagree and are quick to make it known. But e_brown is not mean. Oh, and neither is echi. They just have strong opinions.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 05:50 pm
It is not just that you can't explain it. You said yourself that you don't even get it. Why do you say you believe it if it doesn't make sense to you?
0 Replies